IGNORED

Boyfriend Bears for Purity?!

fundiefun

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a better link for those of us who aren't on facebook? I know there was a video with a teddy bear, but are they actually MARKETING teddy bears now?

So Jana, who is well in her 20s, should walk around with a fucking white teddy bear as a reminder? This is a new level of stunting the emotional growth of your child.

These girls would do better with B.O.B's-Battery operated bears :whistle:

Where's that damn "like" button when you need it?

"The purpose of our Boyfriend Bear is to hold love, kisses, prayers, and a special letter!"

Are you supposed to make out with the bear instead of a boyfriend? :shock:

This is a whole new level of weird. If a girl is so devoted to her religion that she chooses to stay pure (I feel gross just saying that), she shouldn't need a teddy bear to remind her of this. If she decides she no longer wants to wait, I sincerely doubt the presence of a white teddy bear is going to stop her. :roll: And yet again, all of this purity nonsense is of course pushed on the girls. I see no girlfriend bear for the guys to remind them to remain pure as well.

"The purpose of our Boyfriend Bear is to hold love, kisses, prayers, and a special letter!"

I was thinking the same thing.

But the poor girls' hearts!!! They might end up giving away pieces of them to the bear, instead of saving it for their future husband. :lol:

A ''bear'' might rock David Wallers world.

:clap: :clap:

The infantilization of chastity is more than a little creepy.

Indeed. I noticed the following description to a photo of the bears: "One day, they will all attend a real wedding(:"

Are they actually going to bring their bears to their wedding?! Wow... :roll: These women are never supposed to grow up, are they? (Better to keep the women-folk ignorant and childlike, so that they may never question their role in life: keeper of the home.)

Lol, seriously?

I have to admit, I once tried kissing the teddy bear my crush bought for me. Maybe I should call it my girlfriend bear

I even think there's a reason why the bear is "white"... :doh:

644488_469631079748429_1068445394_n.jpg

I guess white symbolizes innocence and purity.

They are ideal for pre-teen & teenage girls with a heart for the lord. They even have a hidden pocket at the base of the neck so girls can tuck away their purity pledge or notes to their future husband.
:? If I had a boyfriend bear, I would put my contraceptive pills in the pocket... or a condom maybe :shhh: just because.

A ''bear'' might rock David Wallers world.

Your on a roll tonight!

BTW before I opened this thread, I actually went there first, on the whole man Bear thing. :oops: :lol:

Darn -- I just found this thread, and all of the jokes I thought of were posted already! :lol:

I do think their text needs some editing though . . .

Boyfriend Bears is a non-profit organization that encourages pre-teen and teenage girls to live a life of purity, whatever the fuck that means. Our bears serve as a nice way for us to get 30 bucks and a reminder that we promote purity to be a lifestyle you are only valued for your hymen. Boyfriend Bears provides the opportunity for girls to make a stand for what they believe in and to stay strong in their morals. to regress to infancy, or, if they are clever, to pull the wool over their parents' eyes while they party!

Our Boyfriend Bear

The purpose of our Boyfriend Bear is to hold love, kisses, prayers, and a special letter, so be careful not to get paper cuts while humping him! He is a visual and huggable reminder to stay purethat we got 30 bucks out of you, not just another stuffed bear to toss in the corner -yes, he's got a chip inside, that alerts us if you toss him in a corner. We are watching, and we will COME AND GET YOU! Our Boyfriend Bear is unique and special pretty much like any other cross-eyed, not-very-attractive stuffed bear, just harder to clean, being white, because he was created to encourage girls like you to stay pure. get us your 30 bucks.

With the help of God, family, friends, and your Boyfriend Bear you can begin a life committed topurity your hymen, as opposed to the rest of your body, life and mind. Here’s how your Boyfriend Bear can help (tips from the Teen Board):

1) Make a Commitment

We encourage you to make a commitment that calls you, with God’s help, to keep your heart, mind, and body pure for that special someone chosen by Him Dad. Spend a lot of time in this first step; talking with God about His perfect plan for your life regarding purity. Remember, purity doesn’t happen overnight, it is a process that you must continually strive towards your whole life is an arbitrary thing we made up, that involves NOT doing stuff, so really, you don't earn it at all -- just be passive, and you're in! If you feel like your commitment would mean more to you in writing, download and print out our free Purity Pledge - yes, it's free, but you can't get it without giving us all of your contact info, so we can annoy you. First, fill out the pledge. Second, pray to God to help you with your new commitment. Third, tuck the pledge safely away in the secret pocket, creepily located at the base of your Boyfriend Bear’s neck.

2) Write a Letter to Your Future Husband

We wrote a letters to our future husbands and tucked them away in our Boyfriend Bear’s secret pocket. It is our hope that you will do the same when you are ready. Some things we included in our letters were our current interests, a list of about three housework-related things, so our future husbands can see what dull, mindless things our upbringing has created, a school picture -at the dining room table for hardcore Fundies, of course, favorite Bible verses, and promises to Him - yes, we capitalized this so you can't tell if we mean God or the future husband, or if we have them confused, which we might. We can’t wait to give our Boyfriend Bears to our husbands on our wedding day and read these special letters with him, hoping it will stall them a bit on our wedding night, since our parents have made us unnaturally terrified of sex. We wonder if it's OK for the future husband to toss the Boyfriend Bear in the corner at that point. :::shudder:::

3) Accountability

This is the perfect time to share the commitment you have made to purity with your mom and/or dad - of course, if the and/or applies to you because your parents are not together, you are already damned to Hell, a Christian mentor, or close friend. Remember, your purity walk will be filled with temptations along the way and won’t always be easy. It is very important to have trustworthy people in your life that can encourage you and hold you accountable! make you feel like trash if you have any normal human feelings.

We hope you will love your Boyfriend Bear as much as we love ours, nightly, from 11:00 PM- 2:00 AM. We encourage you to treasure him and put him in a place (nudge nudge, wink wink)where you will be reminded every day of the commitment you have made and how truly precious you are in God’s eyes. worthless you are if you have had sex.

Love and Hugs (because we really, really need those hugs -- we are so starved for human contact!),

Bridget, Daphnee, Holly, Jenah, Kendra, Lauren, McKenzie, and Madison and really, those are not fake names -- we can't help it if our parents made us living stereotypes of both trendy AND fundie-light naming !

(2012-2013 Teen Board)

The arms and legs of some of those bears will eventually act as a substitute "boyfriend appendage." I have no doubt of this. After all, girls will be girls.

I'm pretty sure the bears are washable, so no harm done.

Sorry to be gross, but I'm not the one who invented the boyfriend bear. I just pointed out the obvious conclusion.

Like buttah.

Now Teddy bears can be very defrauding....A certain Korean Drama i watched has a thing for bears. At the end of every episode, bears are posed to reenact certain important scenes-and they are adorable...Observe accidental naked bear flasher...

GoongsTeddy18.jpg

So ya can't date, your dad has to keep your heart, and every waking hour is spent making sure your "purity" stays in tact and you can't kiss untill the alter, but yet it's ok for you to label an inanimate object as your "boyfriend" and kiss him, etc? How does that make sense? :?

So ya can't date, your dad has to keep your heart, and every waking hour is spent making sure your "purity" stays in tact and you can't kiss untill the alter, but yet it's ok for you to label an inanimate object as your "boyfriend" and kiss him, etc? How does that make sense? :?

Better for the Fundie girl to touch her bear than to touch herself. ;)

Archived