IGNORED

Dougie Brings "Biblical Manhood" to the Pirate City

slickcat79

And the anaconda hunt continues!

Under most circumstances I would never pick on somebody for seeming to be gay, but Dougie is a walking case of WAAAAAAAY overcompensating for something. And I feel bad for finding it funny, in a sad way. Kinda the way I felt with the whole Larry Craig thing, which was part of my introduction to Idaho. Perhaps if the tool himself would look at his obsession with MEN MEN MEN MEN MALES OH MY GOD I WANT A PENIS -- I MEAN, ANACONDA and realize that if he is gay it's honestly fine and all this acting out is hurting him way more than coming out would...yeah, right, I'll keep dreaming.

Seriously, though, Dougie hon, either you are gay, or you are the gayest straight man I've ever seen. Way gayer than most openly gay guys I've known. If you don't want people thinking you're gay you need to dial it way the fuck down.

I can't say if Dougie is gay. However, I find much of the fundie world is very focused on gender segregation and gender-specific roles. VF people seem scared of the mixing of gender roles. I think Dougie's adventures are a way for fundie men to feel "manly", even though it consists mostly of touristy activities and sight seeing. I'm sure most of his followers are aware the activities are safe, but attending them is akin to playing dress up like scifi fans attending conventions. I hope no one actually thinks going to a third world country is some grand, dangerous adventure!

• 1 month later...

Archived