IGNORED

Dougie Brings "Biblical Manhood" to the Pirate City

slickcat79

Watch out Peru, Doug Phillips is a tool is returning to the Amazon!

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2012/10/10396/

Our next Gospel training outreach for Christian men takes place one hundred kilometers from Nauta at Iquitos, the principle gateway city to the Amazon. If you watched our Into the Amazon episodes then you heard me describe Iquitos as a “pirate city†and may have even listened to one of the most unusual adventures I have experienced in a foreign town. Iquitos is a strange and mysterious city filled with dangers and curiosities. In Iquitos you can taste turtle eggs, buy a monkey, or wrap a live anaconda around you :shock: Once one of the wealthiest cities in South America, its heyday faded a century ago when the rubber boom busted and the wealthy tycoons who promoted the boom left. In Iquitos we will be meeting with 150 pastors and men, fathers and sons, bringing the same message of family discipleship which we shared in Nauta.

He makes it look and sound like it's some sort of ghost town, fraught with dangers and cut off from christian influences. It is a pretty remote city, but it's actually the largest in the Peruvian amazon and has a population of almost half a million. It's been the site of christian missionary efforts for over 250 years. It has multiple universities and is something of a cultural hub, as well as a popular tourist destination...which is probably how Dougie came across it on his guided riverboat tour manly Amazonian adventure.

But apparently none of that counts. What these people really need is Vision Forum materials, translated into a dialect of Spanish that may or may not apply to residents of the Amazon basin :roll:

My apologies in advance citizens of Peru. If it makes you feel any better, I weep with you. When is Doug Philips is a tool going to do something actually beneficial to the world?

Taste turtle eggs? Buy a monkey? He makes it sound so "Haha Hoho, what jolly larks!". But surley these are things you should not do? Ok , maybe not all turtles are endangered, but still... Buying monkeys :?

A popular tourist destination!

One of the more amusing things about Doug The Tool's photo albums of his trip to Italy were the wide unedited shots of the Vision Forum group sitting around near the Coliseum and similar places. You can see all kinds of people in the background, including ordinary local businessmen types just walking by, and... TOURISTS. Lots of tourists. Lots of OTHER TOURISTS. They are wearing regular tourist wear and walking around with guidebooks and cameras, and it just drives home the point that Doug is a TOURIST TOO. One of many, and the other tourists don't even particularly care who he is. All those tourists, making it obvious that Doug the Tool is not doing anything particularly original or out there or dangerous or anything, he's just on vacation.

If only his audience would realize they don't need him filtering the stuff for them, they can research this Peruvian town on their own and go there on their own if they want, like anyone else in the world. Get it from the source, rather than sloppy seconds from Doug The Tool.

"Look at me, Adventurous White Guy For Christ, let me explain to you these other people's exotic culture!" :roll:

I just have to wonder if Doug Phillips (is a tool) wanted to dress up as a pirate and thought that a trip to the "Pirate City" would be a good photo op.

I just have to wonder if Doug Phillips (is a tool) wanted to dress up as a pirate and thought that a trip to the "Pirate City" would be a good photo op.

If they do dress up as pirates it will be brilliant. If only for the bewildered looks on the faces of the people in the background :lol:

Watch out Peru, Doug Phillips is a tool is returning to the Amazon!

visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2012/10/10396/

He makes it look and sound like it's some sort of ghost town, fraught with dangers and cut off from christian influences. It is a pretty remote city, but it's actually the largest in the Peruvian amazon and has a population of almost half a million. It's been the site of christian missionary efforts for over 250 years. It has multiple universities and is something of a cultural hub, as well as a popular tourist destination...which is probably how Dougie came across it on his guided riverboat tour manly Amazonian adventure.

But apparently none of that counts. What these people really need is Vision Forum materials, translated into a dialect of Spanish that may or may not apply to residents of the Amazon basin :roll:

I'm really amused that he felt the need to cite the distance in kilometers. How many miles is that, dougie?

From what I understand Iquitos is quite modern and touristy. I would hardly call it an authentic experience of poor and underdeveloped Latin America. There are a lot better places to go if you want to get down with the nitty gritty of Latin America.

I guess Dougie is looking forward to nestling an anaconda between his manly hands.

Doug Phillips Is A Tool.

Iquitos has over 400,000 people. It's hardly the village backwater he's making it out to be. It's a former colonial town (founded 1750s) but it's entirely likely Dougie and his people will not visit the old churches or the little restaurants or whatever...tourists!

Given that it has been a destination for missionaries for hundreds of years, I doubt its residents are going to see him as anything particularly special. Nonetheless, he can make it seem like some far-flung backwater as his groupies back in Fundieland probably won't know much about it.

Not impressive, Dougie. Especially as you're importing the anacondas from home, which are far more complacent and eager to please.

People of Iquitos: Doug Phillips is a Tool.

pleasedressuplikepiratespleasedressuplikepiratespleasepleaseplease

butt pirates.... :character-beavisbutthead:

(wow there is actually a smiley for that, I am amazed...)

1. Doug Phllips is a tool sort of stikes me as being very similiar as some of the weirder elements of the cosplay community, only without the settings (cons, meetups, modelling shoots, whatever) as an outlet for the creativity.

2. Clearly, much love for the anacondas.

3. Do you think he put it in kilometers so it'd make it sound further? Isn't that like 60 miles? I imagine a lot of these people dwelling in their Independent Fortresses Of Suburbia Ranchettes commute further than that each day!

3. Do you think he put it in kilometers so it'd make it sound further? Isn't that like 60 miles? I imagine a lot of these people dwelling in their Independent Fortresses Of Suburbia Ranchettes commute further than that each day!

That is it!! When I run, I always run kilometers - mostly because that is the unit we use here, but folk my age still know what a mile is. I can run 10 kilometers in the same time it takes to run 6.2 miles!! so of course I run kilometers.

butt pirates.... :character-beavisbutthead:

(wow there is actually a smiley for that, I am amazed...)

See, that's where my 12yo brain went when I saw "pirate city". Well, that plus the anacondas. The snark really writes itself.

It would pretty much make my entire life if ole Dougie is a tool dressed up as a pirate. And made his hawt son Joshua T do it as well.

You go doug phillips ia a tool! Amazing that you are going to this wild and crazy backwoods place that my 74 year old mother and 80 year old father just visited two years ago. If only they had known it was such a remote and deserted place they might have skipped it. Good grief!

Guest Anonymous
Dougs epic need to prove how manly he is makes me think his penis must be inverted.

What he WANTS us to think is that he can fold it in half and count by two.

Dough Phillips (is a tool) seems to go out of his way to prove that he is "manly". He has twisted history (the Titanic) and now he is into eating turtle eggs and going to a"remote" (cough--lots of civilization nearby) part of the world. I always find that the men who go about trying to prove that they are real men are the biggest, most insecure wimps of them all. Makes me wonder what is really driving Doug Phillips (is a tool).

Dough Phillips (is a tool) seems to go out of his way to prove that he is "manly". He has twisted history (the Titanic) and now he is into eating turtle eggs and going to a"remote" (cough--lots of civilization nearby) part of the world. I always find that the men who go about trying to prove that they are real men are the biggest, most insecure wimps of them all. Makes me wonder what is really driving Doug Phillips (is a tool).

Driving Doug Phillips....heheheheh...my guess would be Peter Bradrick! :twisted:

So much wrong with this. I can only hope that Doug's cluelessness makes him seem crazy to actual locals. Is he going to try to preach in Spanish? I can just imagine him getting some Rosetta Stone deal on Spanish for Spain and then making a total ass of himself with the lisping and everything. Also, I cannot figure out why the need to mention men (but never women) every other sentence. MEN MEN MEN! Your super-obession with men and male relationships is one reason people think you're gay, Dougie puggie. Do you know anything about South American male-female culture, by the way? It's still pretty patriarchal.

Doug Phillips is a tool partly because Doug Phillips is in denial about his sexual oreintation.

Archived