IGNORED

JOE WALSH, NO ABORTIONS TO SAVE THE LIFE OF THE MOTHER.

Lillybee

I have to wonder if these freaks view the abortion debate as a game. One freak comes out with something outrageous the rest of them have to one up the first freak.

Honestly, the sooner you guys start linking treatment for erectile dysfunction and prostate cancer to the status of abortion (no abortion? no erection!), the better.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. We're nothing more than incubators to these people, folks.

Yeah, not even slightly surprised by this. If he were the one carrying babies you know he would lobby to have free abortions for all.

It is a sad commentary of the times that I am not surprised by this.

Still, at least with fuckers like this guy, he does us the favor of at least not holding back on his vile spew. That way we better know where we stand with him and his kind.

Whenever I get enraged over this anti-woman, anti-choice bullshit, I think back to the men I've known who were adamant that the state of occupancy of my uterus is my damn business. It makes me feel better, but I read so much of people like Walsh that I don't think we will ever move forward.

Ultimately, I think that this capability of women - to bear life, to abort it before it becomes one or even attempting to prevent it from happening in the first place with contraceptives - frightens many. When you think about it, it's a pretty big power. So what else for the patriarchy to do but to try and assert their authority over that area as well?

Never heard of this guy before, and quite frankly, I was happier. I just don't get the mindset. Doesn't the bible exhort us to preserve life? If you CAN save a life, is it not a sin to refuse to do so?

I just can't imagine saying, oh yeah, you're gonna die, and your baby, too. It's the moral thing to do.

OT: saw "Joe Walsh" and immediately wondered what the idiot from the Eagles was doing talking about abortions :oops:

Guest Anonymous
Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, running against Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth in Illinois, told reporters Thursday night that there should be no abortion exception for the "life of the mother" because "with modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" in which a woman would actually die, according to a radio station. Walsh, of course, is flat wrong.

Nobody dies in huge medical crises anymore because, y'know... science. That's why I'm 246-years-old (I also live on the moon, ride a jet-pack to work, and have tablets instead of meals). :roll: It would be interesting to know this guy's stance on healthcare and socialized medicine. Even if there were some wonder-drug that made every pregnancy and childbirth 100% risk free, it wouldn't be much use if women did not have access to it.

IIRC, Joe Walsh is the one who said that Tammy Duckworth talked about her military service too much. It was something like: she's not a true hero because "true heroes" don't ever talk about their service.

Edited: punctuation.

It's like they are cockroaches and oboma is the exterminator. He shows up and they pour out of the woodwork.

You would think one of these idiots would learn from seeing the results of the last one. But nope they keep saying the same carp and get the same results.

Science is not a product of your imagination. It's based on observable facts.

Yes, women can still die as a result of pregnancy.

It happened to a young mother near me a couple of years ago. She was a friend of a friend.

It happened to a woman that my BIL saw in the ICU. Her water broke when she was 20 weeks pregnant, but she didn't go into labor. She died of a massive infection.

Abby Dorn suffered severe brain damage while giving birth to triplets.

Methotrexate, a drug used for chemotherapy and auto-immune diseases, cannot be used during pregnancy.

The examples go on. Facts don't change just because they make it hard to maintain your position.

This dick is the man who is mocking Tami Duckworth's service in the military. Because being shot down in a helicopter and losing both legs and an arm in the service is snarkable. I hate him.

Never heard of this guy before, and quite frankly, I was happier. I just don't get the mindset. Doesn't the bible exhort us to preserve life? If you CAN save a life, is it not a sin to refuse to do so?

I just can't imagine saying, oh yeah, you're gonna die, and your baby, too. It's the moral thing to do.

OT: saw "Joe Walsh" and immediately wondered what the idiot from the Eagles was doing talking about abortions :oops:

This is the jerk who less than a year ago owed over 130k in child support.

I thought Joe Walsh from the Eagles too and was wondering why anyone would care what he had to say since he can't even form a coherent sentence due to all of his drug use.

This dick is the man who is mocking Tami Duckworth's service in the military. Because being shot down in a helicopter and losing both legs and an arm in the service is snarkable. I hate him.

I googled this lady and while I thoroughly disapprove of the war she seems to be very brave. I hope that she wins and beats this absolute bell-end. :clap:

Mind you, this proves a point I was arguing with someone online. He was saying the Iraqis don't have the capacity to take down helis. Of course they fucking do. Even the 'Ra had that.

ETA, because I'm a nerd - I used to read at a place, and they had some awesome footage of a Chechen RPG taking out a Russian tank. Absolutely perfect firing and fantastically executed.

There was an interview with an Irish obstetrician (identity was concealed) on radio this week asking if this ever happens at his hospital (because abortion is still illegal here). He said yes, often and it's written up as 'induction' even though the foetus is not at a viable gestation. Common instances according to a midwife friend of mine are, full blown eclampsia, organ failure in transplant recipients, very ill diabetic women etc. There were 2 maternal deaths recently at her hospital. Both PEs at or shortly after delivery of full term infants. The staff were completely floored. They don't even have adult mortuaries at maternity hospitals any more.

ditto! i hung out with the joe walsh crowd in 1989 when he was renting a house in memphis and i'm sure he's all for abortion as long as he doesn't get stuck with child support payments.

So he thinks there is no longer any fear of a mother losing her life if she continues a pregnancy because of science and technology. This from a man who represents a group of people who are so anti science they think the earth was created in six 24 hour days. :roll: The testicles on some of these people.........

Nobody dies in huge medical crises anymore because, y'know... science. That's why I'm 246-years-old (I also live on the moon, ride a jet-pack to work, and have tablets instead of meals). :roll: It would be interesting to know this guy's stance on healthcare and socialized medicine. Even if there were some wonder-drug that made every pregnancy and childbirth 100% risk free, it wouldn't be much use if women did not have access to it.

IIRC, Joe Walsh is the one who said that Tammy Duckworth talked about her military service too much. It was something like, she's not a true hero because "true heroes" don't ever talk about their service.

Why do these asshats keep pulling medical "information" out of thin air? Technology also makes it possible for the average 8-year-old to fact check this shit. Not that they'd have to though, since the average 8-year-old is smarter than this :roll:

It happened to a woman that my BIL saw in the ICU. Her water broke when she was 20 weeks pregnant, but she didn't go into labor. She died of a massive infection.

This almost happened to me, except I was 21 weeks, was carrying twin boys, and did go into labor as a result of a massive infection in my uterus. They were born 2 days apart b/c labor stalled after the first twin was born. They had to give me pitocin (along with a large dose of iv antibiotics and I believe Tylenol orally) to get it going again b/c I spiked a fever. There was no chance of survival for my twins as they would have either died in the womb (and likely taken me with them) or shortly after birth. I could have very easily died right along with them as it was, leaving my other 2 children (who were both under 3 ) motherless. I had one more successful pregnancy after (ending with my daughter being born 8 weeks early, but she did well and is now a typical 4 year old), and had my tubes tied as I didn't want to take any more chances. So, in other words, this guy is an idiot. Let the mother die along with her unborn child? Sure! Since he is so pro-life and all. :roll:

So he thinks there is no longer any fear of a mother losing her life if she continues a pregnancy because of science and technology. This from a man who represents a group of people who are so anti science they think the earth was created in six 24 hour days. :roll: The testicles on some of these people.........

^^QFT. I say all these idiots who deny/contradict science should be prohibited from using any technology or medical advancements which depend on that science. Which is pretty much... everything. So it's off to a cave on a deserted island with the lot of them.

This is the jerk who less than a year ago owed over 130k in child support.

Typical. Get the baby born, but don't use my money to take care of it, even if it's half my DNA. :roll:

Add me to the list who saw Joe Walsh and thought Eagles. He's sober now, BTW, and says his first sober performance was very scary, as he wasn't sure he could do it without drugs and alcohol.

GOP's tatic to cover up their failure to make America's economy stronger during Bush Jr.'s 2nd presidential office in order to win this 1: Win them over with people's rights! 'Cause we all know that denying LGBT people and women their rights is totally gonna get us elected into the 21st century presidencies! We're right, aren't we?

Republican Rep. Joe Walsh, running against Democratic challenger Tammy Duckworth in Illinois, told reporters Thursday night that there should be no abortion exception for the "life of the mother" because "with modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" in which a woman would actually die, according to a radio station. Walsh, of course, is flat wrong.

That's like saying that with all the available information at libraries and bookstores and the Internet, no one is stupid anymore, but Rep. Joe Walsh ruins that all over the place. What an ass. Of course women die. Men die too, though not from pregnancy. Science and technology does not mean immortality, assface.

How can someone be pro life if they would rather both die than just the fetus. Pro life should at least be about trying to preserve as many lives as possible, so surely having both die is worse than letting the mother live and possibly get pregnant again in the future.

Although fundies dont have logic.

What about the little girl in ... Brazil? She had cancer and was pregnant? They had a debate over whether to give her chemo and she died while waiting....

So, how long do we reckon before the Duggars start campaigning and/or give money to support him?

Archived