IGNORED

OMM Praises Suspiciously Vague Show

GeoBQn

One Million Moms wants people to watch a show airing on gmc.

WATCH THIS WONDERFUL FAMILY SHOW TONIGHT WITH YOUR FAMILY! If you share my disgust for the seemingly endless, mindless, depressing and degrading “reality†shows on television today, I have some wonderful news! Finally, there is a new reality show that uplifts and inspires as it entertains. That program is called The Changers, and it is scheduled to air tonight (Wednesday, October 17th) at 9:00 and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time; and again on Sunday, October 21st at 1:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time on GMC.

When people understandably asked what the show was actually about they responded thusly:

The Changers combines a heartwarming and true story with the distinctively-American quality of charity. Lives are touched. Dreams come true. People are positively and profoundly changed. And the viewer enjoys a wonderful story, entirely free of any graphic, gratuitous or offensive material.

I hope you will tune in to watch The Changers on GMC tonight and again on Sunday.

Well, that answers absolutely nothing. When people asked for further details, OMM just re-posted the same nonspecific answer.

Here's the description of the show from gmc's website:

This entertaining, funny, heartfelt and dynamic story features the planning of dream wedding for a special couple by the Dream Foundation in Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. It is a reality special for a new time, to help change the world for the betterment of mankind.

So basically, it's a wedding reality show. And since it's airing on gmc, there is no danger it will have teh ebil gayz or single mothers. That sounds VERY enriching and encouraging. Also, I didn't realize charity is a distinctively American thing. That there was no such thing as charity EVER before America. Forget that passage in the Talmud that ranks forms of charity from best to worse, or any other examples of charity from other countries and other historical periods.

Charity is a "distinctly American" quality?

This. Why not just say it's a wedding show? Are weddings too sexual now?

This. Why not just say it's a wedding show? Are weddings too sexual now?

Probably. Since purity rings tell everyone about your lack of a sex life and engaged couples are shouting from the rooftops how they aren't kissing until marriage, everybody knows what's going to happen on the wedding night. :oops: It's not going to be an evening of opening gifts and praying for marital guidance...

Not just a wedding show, apparently.

In the first installment, featuring the Dream Foundation of Los Angeles and Santa Barbara., Calif., engaged Jessica and Kurt want a wedding that fulfills all their dreams. As happens in each episode, assisting them is a "helper" -- and [sic] individual nominated by friends, family or co-workers -- who has to step outside his comfort zone to help turn imagination into reality.

http://blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/2012/ ... ision.html

In each episode, a “helper†– who has been nominated by friends, family members or co-workers – will be thrust into an unfamiliar environment that gives him or her the opportunity to help someone less fortunate. The “helper†typically has a lesson to learn – such as gratitude, compassion or a reminder of what’s most important in life.
http://www.tvrage.com/shows/id-33210

I hate to say this, but since the Dream Foundation is involved the bride or groom might be terminally ill. One of my friends lives in the L.A. area and has been involved with Dream Foundation fundraisers. Dream Foundation is basically Make-A-Wish Foundation for adults. They do a lot of great things for terminally ill people in need.

Guest Anonymous

The bride has breast cancer.

But OMM can't talk about teh ebil boobies or any womanly parts. So they'll beat around the bush.

The bride has breast cancer.

But OMM can't talk about teh ebil boobies or any womanly parts. So they'll beat around the bush.

:oops: OMM wouldn't phrase it in quite such a dirty way.

I love that this thread's title practically sounds like an Onion headline. :lol:

I love that this thread's title practically sounds like an Onion headline. :lol:

That's what I thought it was!

That's what I thought it was!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was an Onion headline.

Archived