IGNORED

Please vote against this pro-life clinic-you can vote 1x/day

Hisey

Same here, I'm baffled. Since when is the Pope against pap smears?

I was pretty confused too. I'll have to get more details from her on that! She definitely said that they don't cover her ovarian cancer screenings...

Same here, I'm baffled. Since when is the Pope against pap smears?

It might have been the particular provider that they opposed to. I attended a Catholic university and student health would only refer you to ob/gyns who did not provide or refer patients to abortion services.

But unless you vote for the #2, the #1 will probably win unfortunately...

I would have voted but I don't want to use my facebook account.

The top six organizations get money from The Give. 1st gets $50K and five runners up get $10K each. It's likely that The Morning Center will get at least 10 grand out of this.

I wish I trusted them to actually serve women in need rather than lie to them and be fearmongers.

My use of the word "plenty" was more to point out that there are over 800 PP clinics in the US, so a woman would have fairly easy access to one.

What US do you live in? My US has 3,749,000 square miles. 800 PPs means there is 1 in very 4,685.25 square miles on average. There are states in my US that are smaller than that. In my US, transit is a major problem for a lot of poor people. There isn't very good public transit everywhere in the US. In a lot of areas, there's none. How do poor women have "fairly easy access" to PP?

Just so you know, PP abortions aren't free, and a minority of those do abortions at all. It's hard to get birth control or a pap smear at a PP if you don't have a car and money for gas, and harder to get an abortion.

Eh, I'd give RR my vote but I don't want to have to like anything on FB or get more spam in my inbox to do it.

And for the record, my hatred for being asked to vote for anything is only slightly less than my hatred for being asked to vote against something.

Support what you love.

Eh, I'd give RR my vote but I don't want to have to like anything on FB or get more spam in my inbox to do it.

And for the record, my hatred for being asked to vote for anything is only slightly less than my hatred for being asked to vote against something.

Support what you love.

What if you love predatory, misogynist organizations not winning 50k?

Why do they require I vote using facebook? Who I am is none of their business. I would have voted for Downs syndrome.

Well, the prolife clinic is about 100 votes ahead, so I am thinking they'll win. Thanks for trying.

The voting goes through the month so don't give up yet!

Why do they require I vote using facebook? Who I am is none of their business. I would have voted for Downs syndrome.

I respect your decision to not give out your info, but it's their money and their marketing. If they want to get your info to get your vote, that's their prerogative. Of course, it's just as much yours to refuse to participate and keep your privacy.

I think it's funny that many fundies who get the vapors at the thought of actual wine are probably voting for the clinic. Tsk tsk, that's compromising!

I notice that KimC and the others who are promoting the Morning Center focus a lot on the part of their mission statement that says they are providing prenatal care for low income women. Of course, their statement actually says:

Morning Center provides free full-service prenatal and maternity care to women in urban and underserved areas, in a manner that demonstrates and testifies to the love of Christ and presents His saving grace. Every woman and community we serve receives the highest quality care, as if we are serving Jesus, and each staff member is as concerned about a woman’s spiritual needs as her maternity needs.

They might as well just say, we are recruiting vulnerable women for Jesus, and if we like their response we will give them some free prenatal care. Also:

MCUs will also accomplish another important goal of connecting new mothers with churches and local ministries that will provide the long term counseling and support needed, particularly for young mothers in difficult circumstances.

Wonder how many of those new mothers might find themselves pressured to give their babies to a more deserving christian couple?

I also find this troubling from an organization that is raising money to provide prenatal and L&D care:

We believe a woman’s body has been perfectly designed by God for birth and in normal circumstances a baby can be born with no medical intervention.

:? Yeah, god designed women's bodies so well for birth that childbirth killed more women than any other cause...until the advent of modern medical intervention :roll:

Awww...

R.C. Sproul Jr. on Facebook:

Discovered yesterday that a group of women are voting for our nearest competitor less because they have a passion to help those with Down syndrome, but because they hate Christians who love the unborn. That's just ugly. Beauty, however, will be the babies saved and the souls won through the ministry of The Morning Center. Please vote, share, and do so daily until the end of the month.

Awww...

Well, obviously they are the ones who don't care about Down syndrome or they wouldn't be voting for the morning center :snooty: Why do you hate Downs kids, Sproul?

At least he's honest about the fact that their medical services are only thinly disguising a soul-winning ministry. Good to know the truth.

Awww...

This is outrageous! FJ is more than a group of women, I'm pretty sure Doggie and BlackHawk have the genitalia that would give men like Sproul a reason to listen to them.

And for the record, I don't "hate Christians who love the unborn," but I have serious dislike for anyone who favors the unborn over the women doing the gestating. Perhaps I'm not alone in this...

Archived