IGNORED

Please vote against this pro-life clinic-you can vote 1x/day

Hisey

It's one of those clinics that convinces women to forget about that abortion, no pressure of course.

This clinic, the Morning Center, is up against many other nonprofits for a prize of $50,000. The Morning Center is now in first place, unfortunately, but it is close. A charity to support orphans with Down Syndrome is a close second.

Here's what Perry C. says about the Morning Center:

"They will use the money to fund a mobile maternity care unit to help low income moms in large cities who don't have access to prolife, maternity care."

Perry seems much more concerned about this prolife "prenatal care" than he is about those orphans with Down Syndrome. They'll be OK on their own, I guess.

Here's the link:

http://www.cultivatewines.com/give/

If you have time, please vote.

Edited to fix my hyperlink

the best line from the video is when the guy says that really people want abortion to be legal because prenatal care costs a lot. Yeah because after the pregnancy, it's like 10 cents per year. O_o

For the record, I'm not stating my stance as being Pro-Choice or Pro-Life.

Honestly, why is it a bad thing to have a clinic that does offer free prenatal care to underserved women? If they want an abortion, there are plenty of Planned Parenthood clinics they can go to. This clinic seems to be specialized in providing care to women who have already decided to have their baby, but simply don't have the funds for proper medical care.

Honestly, why is it a bad thing to have a clinic that does offer free prenatal care to underserved women? If they want an abortion, there are plenty of Planned Parenthood clinics they can go to. This clinic seems to be specialized in providing care to women who have already decided to have their baby, but simply don't have the funds for proper medical care.

Samaratin Ministries is in Memphis, Tennessee, where there is exactly 1 Planned Parenthood clinic. In all of Tennessee, Planned Parenthood operates 4 health centers.

Do you define one or four as "plenty"?

Sea Salt,

Because it is run by the Samaritan Ministries which we have talked about.

Because only decent pregnant women will be served.

Because Planned Parenthood does do low cost medical.

Sea Salt,

Because they are taking very vulnerable women and trying to manipulate them into making a certain choice

Because they wouldn't care about these women at all if they weren't trying to save a life

Because the second-place charity is trying to help the discarded and unwanted children who already exist in this world

Because they are taking very vulnerable women and trying to manipulate them into making a certain choice

Because they wouldn't care about these women at all if they weren't trying to save a life

Because the second-place charity is trying to help the discarded and unwanted children who already exist in this world

Plus, giving poor a woman free pre-natal care doesn't help her feed, clothe, and shelter the baby once it's born.

Plenty of reasons to vote for Reece's Rainbow over Samaritan Ministries.

Samaratin Ministries is in Memphis, Tennessee, where there is exactly 1 Planned Parenthood clinic. In all of Tennessee, Planned Parenthood operates 4 health centers.

Do you define one or four as "plenty"?

My use of the word "plenty" was more to point out that there are over 800 PP clinics in the US, so a woman would have fairly easy access to one. Since there is a PP clinic in Memphis, I would think that women would know where to go for an abortion and low-cost women's health care, the same as they would know where to go if they want free pre-natal and L/D care.

Sea Salt,

I want to disagree with "only decent pregnant women will be served." From looking at their website, their target audience is low-income, uninsured women. Their objective is centered on prenatal and L/D care. I think that PP is a very much needed organization. 35% of what they do is dx and tx of STD's; another 35% providing contraception. Only 3% of what they do as an organizations is abortions. I like that they prevent pregnancies and unnecessary abortions. That all being said to say, PP provides a specific and needed service to the community and this other clinic is providing a service that goes beyond what PP does. For example, if a woman came to a PP clinic and ended up choosing to see a pregnancy through versus getting an abortion, PP has limited resources to offer her. In that case she could go to this other clinic to finish out her pregnancy and delivery without worrying about not being able to pay for it. Just a thought :)

Sea Salt,

If a woman doesn't know if she wants to keep her baby or not, I don't think her first choice will be a clinic that only offers pre-natal care. I know if I were in her situation, I'd be way more likely to go to the PP clinic first. I agree that this organization's pro-life stance is foundational to the way they run the clinic. I just think they have a right to offer the services they see are needed in Memphis. If PP could provide L/D services to women, this clinic would not be necessary.

In the end, I do think the second-place charity is a much more needed charity because there is not a lot of help for families of and people with Downs Syndrome. It is definitely a true pro-life organization. I wholeheartedly agree that people who are all for "NO ABORTIONS EVARRRR" have no true platform to debate unless they are involved with pregnancy-prevention education, contraception education, and helping the children in the foster system.

Is anyone familiar with Reece's Rainbow? I'm doing some Googling and I've found some questionable things about the organization but I'm not sure how true they are.

Is anyone familiar with Reece's Rainbow? I'm doing some Googling and I've found some questionable things about the organization but I'm not sure how true they are.

Reece's Rainbow has had some flaws, quite a few of them actually. I know a few adoptive parents who have used them and a couple of people who have volunteered for them, and none of them have had great things to say. I encourage you to really read about that them before making a definitive decision on whether they are a cause you wish to support or not.

Reece's Rainbow has had some flaws, quite a few of them actually. I know a few adoptive parents who have used them and a couple of people who have volunteered for them, and none of them have had great things to say. I encourage you to really read about that them before making a definitive decision on whether they are a cause you wish to support or not.

I've been advocating for the kids on there for about four years now. Those kids have no voices and they are in horrible situations. If anyone wants a link to my blog you can pm me, I actually found a home for a kid on there who was in a mental institution. Do I agree with everything they do/the fact that the chick who started it is Christian? Probably not. BUT, these kids are in situations that are life threatening. My friend raised money for the orphanage where her daughter came from because they didn't have enough diapers to change the kids more than twice a day... These kids are transferred to mental institutions around ages 4-5 and they are basically warehoused and left to die.

So do I think everything they do is perfect? No. But I'll be damned if I'm going to let kids sit in orphanages because of my own issues. Reece's Rainbow is really big on making sure that the money donated to the children STAYS with the children, which I really really like (as opposed to donating to a family who may or may not be able to finish the adoption)

If anyone has questions about them please let me know. I have a bunch of friends who have adopted through them and have had great experiences. One of my friends completed her third adoption and another one is going back for another little girl with special needs. There have been over 750 adoptions. Will all of the people be please? No. But the vast majority have had good experience, and the bottom line is that what I do is for the kids, and any money RR gets from this will go direction into the funds of waiting orphans...

voted. Go Downs!

Thank you!! You can actually see the kids that will get the $ if they win if you go to their website. Some of them have been waiting for quite some time :-(

I am very pro-choice, and I like the idea of what this organization is trying to do. That said it was only founded last year, they don't even have a "mobile prenatal care unit" set up yet, have no discussion of partnerships with hospitals, name no doctors, and don't actually list any specific services they'll provide. They say nothing about labwork, ultrasound, or even having a nurse on staff. I think it would be great if this organization could provide what they've promised, but i suspect that they'll use these funds to be a mobile crisis pregnancy center (read anti-abortion propaganda) and eventually, maybe, when they get enough money actually do what they promise.

I agree with Black hawk. I also know people who have worked for them, adopted through them. And there are a lot of flaws with them.

Listen, just vote for whatever organization you feel deserves the money. Don't vote for the sake of voting against something, vote for an organization that you WANT to win....

Would have voted if I didn't have to do it through facebook because fuck CPCs. The morning centre or whatever it's called is less overtly repulsive than most CPCs, and it sounds like they're offering more useful care than just pressuring pregnant people to keep their pregnancies, but it's run by Samaritan Ministries, so I'm not convinced I could go to them for help and not find more of this: eiEgnfYPEXQ

Listen, just vote for whatever organization you feel deserves the money. Don't vote for the sake of voting against something, vote for an organization that you WANT to win....

But unless you vote for the #2, the #1 will probably win unfortunately...

I would have voted but I don't want to use my facebook account.

Guest Anonymous

Me neither.

My use of the word "plenty" was more to point out that there are over 800 PP clinics in the US, so a woman would have fairly easy access to one.

What US do you live in? My US has 3,749,000 square miles. 800 PPs means there is 1 in very 4,685.25 square miles on average. There are states in my US that are smaller than that. In my US, transit is a major problem for a lot of poor people. There isn't very good public transit everywhere in the US. In a lot of areas, there's none. How do poor women have "fairly easy access" to PP?

Just so you know, PP abortions aren't free, and a minority of those do abortions at all. It's hard to get birth control or a pap smear at a PP if you don't have a car and money for gas, and harder to get an abortion.

Where I live has quite a few Planned Parenthoods so proportionately we are taking up many more than our share based on square milage so that means some other areas are even more underserved. However, not all of the PPs here do all services (not all do abortions for instance) and those that do are using medication. They have one or two physician referrals for anyone needing a surgical procedure.

Where I live has quite a few Planned Parenthoods so proportionately we are taking up many more than our share based on square milage so that means some other areas are even more underserved. However, not all of the PPs here do all services (not all do abortions for instance) and those that do are using medication. They have one or two physician referrals for anyone needing a surgical procedure.

Just found out my friend's college healthcare plan doesn't cover birth control/vagina stuff (Catholic grad school) and so for her cervical cancer screenings (which she needs, because it runs in the family) she goes to planned parenthood

I know a lot of Catholic institutions don't cover birth control medication in their perscription health plans, but this is the first time I have heard they don't cover regular obstetrics and gynecology visits. She should be covered for a Pap smear if she has medical through them.(?)

I know a lot of Catholic institutions don't cover birth control medication in their perscription health plans, but this is the first time I have heard they don't cover regular obstetrics and gynecology visits. She should be covered for a Pap smear if she has medical through them.(?)

Same here, I'm baffled. Since when is the Pope against pap smears?

Archived