IGNORED

David Barton gets crazier, if that is possible

teddybear

Now he's giving medical advice in addition to falsifying history.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/b ... le-says-so

Last year, David Barton began recommending a book called "None Of These Diseases" by S.I. McMillen, which claims that everything we need to know about medicine and health care can be found in the Bible. Barton called the book, which states that promiscuity is the cause of arthritis and insanity, that it is not necessary for women to experience orgasm, and that women who have been punched the face by their husbands just need to learn to submit, "one of the best healthcare books you'll ever read."

Today, on "WallBuilders Live," Barton recommended the book again as he predicted that eventually science will discover that salt is not actually bad for you ... because that is what the Bible says:

In ancient time, salt was more difficult to get so was a valuable commodity. That is why it is spoke about in the bible. That doesn't mean that a modern person, who can get salt from their local supermarket, shouldn't be careful with the amount that they use.

promiscuity is the cause of arthritis and insanity? Does this guy know that virgins (including children) can have arthritis and can have mental health issues?

Also, salt is good if you have low blood pressure. It's bad if you're among the millions of people who have high blood pressure. I've never ever heard a doctor tell me or anyone else with low blood pressure to watch their salt intake. NOBODY says salt is bad absolutely unless they're an idiot. Your body needs salts. Hello, electrolytes...

This is really making me regret something...

I was traveling across the country on business in the last week of September and I had to change planes in Dallas. To do that, I had to take the tram. I got myself and my junk (exceedingly heavy briefcase) up the escalator and onto the tram and then looked around. In front of me was a guy with a familiar face. I was trying to figure out who this guy was, and then I realized, "OHSHI-- That's not David Barton, is it?" I thought for sure it couldn't be, but then I noticed he had a cloth bag from the Republican National Convention. He was traveling with a woman, who was waving around a flight itinerary, which I tried to see so I could figure out if I was right.

In any case, I stared and stared at him, but because I was being paid to travel, I couldn't say jack to him. God, you simply had no fucking idea how much I wanted to rip him a new one right there on the tram, but I could not. The tram stopped, we all got off, and I tailed him to his gate. He and the woman got on a flight to St. Louis. I pulled out my phone, did some Google Fu and figured out he was traveling with his wife.

tl;dr: close encounter with Barton and wife at DFW but since I was on the clock and traveling on the company dime, I couldn't rip him a new one like I really really REALLY wanted to.

Promiscuity causes arthritis and insanity!? Well damn, that explains everything....the things I didn't learn in medical school.

Last year, David Barton began recommending a book called "None Of These Diseases" by S.I. McMillen, which claims that everything we need to know about medicine and health care can be found in the Bible. Barton called the book, which states that promiscuity is the cause of arthritis and insanity, that it is not necessary for women to experience orgasm, and that women who have been punched the face by their husbands just need to learn to submit, "one of the best healthcare books you'll ever read."

Today, on "WallBuilders Live," Barton recommended the book again as he predicted that eventually science will discover that salt is not actually bad for you ... because that is what the Bible says:

Articulate as well as scientifically educated, ain't he? :roll:

Oh, and I don't think Jesus said that part about being the preservative.

Archived