IGNORED

"Yeah Mr White, science!!"

fakepigtails73

Anyone else here watch "Breaking Bad"? Some spoilers under there, so stop if you don't watch and are interested in doing so eventually. I can't do the spolier brackets so...

We bought the 1st season last month and we're gonna finish the season 4 DVDs this evening.

How come I missed this show earlier on?? We seldom watch series on TV; more fun to get the DVDs and chill out without having to wait eons after a season cliffhanger. We have so many series DVD here!! And with the NHL lock-out in effect I guess we'll watch more since there aren't any Montréal Canadiens games on TV anytime soon...

"Breaking Bad" is in my trilogy of fave series so far, with "Rome" and "The Wire". So sad that it'll end next year after 5 seasons (oh, nice bait-and-switch with the "2-parts of 8 episodes" season 5 , AMC!! Hate that.), but I guess that with Walt, aka Heisenberg having lung cancer and becoming such an unlikeable fuck up things had to end soon.

I wonder how long, time-wise, is the show? I read on a blog that from the pilot to the 1st ep. of season 5 there is a year to day. That's pretty fast for Walt to start cooking in a beat-up rv with Jesse to becoming the King of Meth of all southern USA. But hey, I'll suspend the disbelief because otherwise the show is top-notch.

Anyone else here watching it? Oh, I haven't seen the 8 episodes of season 5 that just aired in the US (although I heard about the mucho grande cliffhanger).

• 2 weeks later...

BB is my favorite show on television, and I'm excited to see how they end the series next year. You are correct that from the beginning of season 1 to the beginning of season 5 takes place in one calendar year, which does seem a little jam- packed for real life. I'm wondering where they will start the final season- I'm hoping they pick up right where they left off with the cliffhanger ending of season 5, I'm dying to find out what happens immediately after that ending.

We just started watching it on Netflix. To be honest, I'm not that in to it. It's dragging, for me. I think it's because I don't like any of the characters.

We just started watching it on Netflix. To be honest, I'm not that in to it. It's dragging, for me. I think it's because I don't like any of the characters.

How far in are you? Keep watching... You'll grow to love Jesse, he's my favorite. Also, Saul is hilarious.

How far in are you? Keep watching... You'll grow to love Jesse, he's my favorite. Also, Saul is hilarious.

Not that far, I guess. Halfway through season one? I don't know who Saul is, don't think he's been introduced yet.

Jesse just got evicted from his house by his parents in the last episode I saw. Episode before that Hank shot Tuco.

ETA: make that season two. Didn't realize season one was so short.

Not that far, I guess. Halfway through season one? I don't know who Saul is, don't think he's been introduced yet.

Jesse just got evicted from his house by his parents in the last episode I saw. Episode before that Hank shot Tuco.

ETA: make that season two. Didn't realize season one was so short.

Season 2, episode 8, " Better Call Saul".... Stick around until then, he's a great character.

I love it, but my boyfriend doesn't care for the show much. I have no idea why, he says its just not engaging for him. My personal thought is that it's because he is a really good person and I'm much more fluid with my morality. Or perhaps he's more interested in fast paced story lines and I enjoy various aspects of the show that he notices but aren't impressive to him, like the directing, the special effects (I was so horrified by the scene in which Jesse disregards Mr. White's directions to use a plastic tub) and the acting.

I feel bad that I'm so annoyed by Skylar throughout the series. She is so arrogant and rude! Later I feel kind of bad for her, but the first few episodes she's just annoying.

I can't seem to get past S2E5. Will stick around long enough to meet Saul, at your recommendation.

Archived