IGNORED

Maxwell Conferences

Justme

Surely you mean pot-blessing? :snooty:

(I'm with you on the Maxwells' food-- I would rather take my chances foraging than eat one of their enchiladas. But then I'm an ungrateful wretch.)

"Pot blessing." Yeah, there's another fundie-ism that bugs me. Is that just a Maxwell thing, or do they all say that?

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago, I was in a hospital waiting room (while my husband underwent a rather serious heart procedure) and I overheard this loud voiced, pompous jackwagon proselytizing to his companion using the phrase "speak[ing] it into your life."

Ever since then, I have wanted to write a paper about church speak. Almost changed my area of study from Literature to Rhetoric just for this purpose.

Incidentally, after he "spoke" several things into this poor, stressed, waiting-on-health-news-about-his-loved-one, exhausted guy's life, Righteous Dude started talking about his expansive knowledge of health foods whilst eating gummy bears.

Surely you mean pot-blessing? :snooty:

(I'm with you on the Maxwells' food-- I would rather take my chances foraging than eat one of their enchiladas. But then I'm an ungrateful wretch.)

So I guess that the Maxwell's pot-blessing, is a bit different than a Boregonian pot-blessing? :D

"Pot blessing." Yeah, there's another fundie-ism that bugs me. Is that just a Maxwell thing, or do they all say that?

The Duggars use "pot-faith" :roll:

The (fairly liberal) presbyterian church that I went to growing up had a fellowship hall for church dinners. I'm pretty sure no one used fellowship as a verb though. That's a new one :?

So I guess that the Maxwell's pot-blessing, is a bit different than a Boregonian pot-blessing? :D

One day I will go to a fundie "pot blessing" and bring the biggest baddest bag of weed I can find. :dance:

One day I will go to a fundie "pot blessing" and bring the biggest baddest bag of weed I can find. :dance:

All I can say is the hippy, glueten free cupcake that was delivered to me earlier was highly blessed. I'm stuck to the couch.

FFS, they can't even call it a pot-luck dinner? When the term pot-luck just refers to the randomness of the dishes that will show up? :angry-banghead:

FFS, they can't even call it a pot-luck dinner? When the term pot-luck just refers to the randomness of the dishes that will show up? :angry-banghead:

Nope. According to the conservative non-denominational church that shared a building with the U.C.C. congregation I attended as a kid (awkward!), luck is too much like fate, and is thus pagan. Also, God, being omniscient, totally knew that you were going to run out of lime jello and laid it on your heart to use raspberry instead. So there was no luck involved.

I looked at all the pictures in their blog post looking for the pics of them praying before leaving. I knew it was there, I just had to wait for the jackpot.

I am eagerly anticipating the first 'conference reports' where there are smiling Maxwells with random people in the pictures with captions about 'blessings, joy, diligence, delight, sweet, fellowship(ping), god honoring, prayerful...."

What am I missing? A lot, I know, but my current state - just home after happy hour (extended) fellowhipping with my friends - has left me a bit off my mark.

I looked at all the pictures in their blog post looking for the pics of them praying before leaving. I knew it was there, I just had to wait for the jackpot.

I am eagerly anticipating the first 'conference reports' where there are smiling Maxwells with random people in the pictures with captions about 'blessings, joy, diligence, delight, sweet, fellowship(ping), god honoring, prayerful...."

What am I missing? A lot, I know, but my current state - just home after happy hour (extended) fellowhipping with my friends - has left me a bit off my mark.

How could you forget "open hearts"?

Sweet Mothers sitting in the back of sessions with their sweetly wellbehaved sweet blessings.

Sweet blog readers.

Also, God, being omniscient, totally knew that you were going to run out of lime jello and laid it on your heart to use raspberry instead. So there was no luck involved.

I just wanna know who "laid it on the heart" of the first person to think that LETTUCE in FRUIT jello was a good idea. Because it's not a good idea!!!!

...and to think people tell me that coffee jello is gross, hey, at least it doesn't have lettuce in it!!!!

I just wanna know who "laid it on the heart" of the first person to think that LETTUCE in FRUIT jello was a good idea. Because it's not a good idea!!!!

...and to think people tell me that coffee jello is gross, hey, at least it doesn't have lettuce in it!!!!

Coffee jello is a thing? I grew up in a part of the midwest where jello was a church supper standard, and where coffee was an honorary member of the trinity. But I never saw them combined.

Are you familiar with the classic "Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise"?

7tWuG2oPL3o

I suspect it didn't go today how they thought it would

We cannot help it if the LORD laid it upon your heart to righteously rebuke an Ungodly Man.

There may be no outward changes or mentions on the Maxwell blog, but Steve will always remember this day and he's gonna keep looking over his back, even when they're in a prayer huddle.

Yup Steve will always remember this day. He is probably worried about the Pittsburgh event. I'm willing to bet that some of people who attend Maxwell events end up doing their research and they realize how fucking crazy Steve is.

Nope. According to the conservative non-denominational church that shared a building with the U.C.C. congregation I attended as a kid (awkward!), luck is too much like fate, and is thus pagan. Also, God, being omniscient, totally knew that you were going to run out of lime jello and laid it on your heart to use raspberry instead. So there was no luck involved.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We cannot help it if the LORD laid it upon your heart to righteously rebuke an Ungodly Man.

Let us pray that this becomes a common theme. :D

When is the Pittsburgh event? (I really don't want to give their website a hit by visiting it.) That's really not too horrible a drive for me (a day trip) if I could make it. I would be wiling to help infiltrate to keep up the FreeJinger offensive.

Guest Anonymous
When is the Pittsburgh event? (I really don't want to give their website a hit by visiting it.) That's really not too horrible a drive for me (a day trip) if I could make it. I would be wiling to help infiltrate to keep up the FreeJinger offensive.

Someone else would have to give the website a hit on your behalf if you won't look....?

The Pittsburgh event is on September 28th and 29th. Since Steve reads here, he likely knew about a couple of Pittsburgh FJers talking about crashing the event, sometime after that it was announced that Pittsburgh wouldn't have a Q&A portion.

Archived