IGNORED

A fundie sex question because I'm a pervert

missbrooklyn

Holy Cow! I just watched a few minutes of this and it's creepy. She says a woman should have a "Godly Fear" of her husband and goes on to say that she doesn't mean it's ok for a man to "beat his wife all the time," implying that the occasional beating is OK. She also says that a man should correct his wife in the same way he corrects a child. I just can't imagine living that way.

Christ almighty, the TiH thing sometimes involves spanking?

More than involves, it's pretty integral to the whole thing. There is a fair amount of crossover with people into this and regular BDSM, but the TiH/Domestic Discipline crowd does contain a really disproportionate number of people who are outspokenly conservative/fundie Christians.

My issue with it is that when you combine it with religion issues of consent get really fuzzy. One person likes spanking and the other likes doing it, sounds fine to me. One person likes to spank and tells the other they must accept it whether or not they're into it because they couch it in religious terms, not so great and possibly abusive. It's also very gendered and doesn't really live a place for men who are submissive or women who or dominant (or those damn switches).

In fundie households like this, you also end up with people who are into this sort of TiH/DD lifestyle and sexual wife spanking but still use spanking to discipline children, which is even more fucked up in that context.

(by the way, expect the apologists to show up soon - I think there are a few who have google alerts on the term because they tend to show up wherever it's mentioned)

oH GOD Now I have a sudden image of Boob spanking Michelle like a giddy schoolgirl.

THANKS NOW. I'll sleep peacefully tonight...

UGH My DH & I once had the (non) pleasure of listening to my Brother and his GF having a spank session. We were laying in bed trying not to laugh out loud, worst part was listenng to them AGAIN....I felt like I was in the middle of The 4 Seasons(Alan Alda film)

Please no not that pass the brain bleach ewwww

Second the brain bleach--after a question. Which one is being compared to a giddy schoolgirl? From his enthusiasm for 'trying for more', I can see him that giddy.

• 1 year later...

I had a feeling that some fundies would use domestic discipline on wives, as well as children. So I did a little researched and found this, quite disturbing I tell you, website:

christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

The woman on 'radicallyforjesus' makes me sad. I saw that she has a video about what to do if your husband won't let you wear headcovering. It's in response to a question and I had a sneaking suspicion the question was posted by a FJer.

That's exactly what I thought when I first started following her youtube channel. Now I rarely watch her vlogs because they make me feel really bad for her. There was this vlog in which she was explaining how ashamed she was when a hater commenting on her channel said something like: "you are shaming your husband with your disgustingly fat body". She was devastated, and was 'grateful' for the comment because it made her realise that she was 'reflecting badly on her husband', to quote the Prairie Muffin's manifesto, with her obesity. That she wanted 'to be pretty for her husband while she was still young'. She said she was a sinner guilty of gluttony and that only God could help her tame her sinful nature. Good grief, I just wanted to hug her and comfort her. I reckon her self-esteem must be non-existing. And I don't think that being in a TIH marriage is helping her one bit.

I had a feeling that some fundies would use domestic discipline on wives, as well as children. So I did a little researched and found this, quite disturbing I tell you, website:

christiandomesticdiscipline.com/

Lori and SSM are clearly both into it...

It's a mystery to me how they 'get off' at all with umpteen kids and counting hanging around.

Now you know why the dresses and it only takes 30 seconds or so.

Now you know why the dresses and it only takes 30 seconds or so.

Jim Bob probably requires that Michelle not wear underwear just so she is accessible whenever he wants. Nobody notices because he lasts less than a minute. Although then again, Michelle probably needs to wear underwear because it keeps her uterus from dropping out and swinging in the breeze.

Also, having loads of kids would seem like an obstacle for the average parent, but that's what beating kids into being too afraid to step off the blanket and having older kids to do all the work is for. They could just go off and fuck, leaving their tiny little robot of a 6 year old to look after her siblings, with the baby sits traumatized on its blanket.

So do fundies get kinky? Or are they not allowed to explore fetishes?

I think Lori does. She seems to really fetishize submission and I am sure she has mentioned wanting to/being spanked by her husband?

I can imagine PP and Zsu being kinky, just because he seems like the kinda guy who would enjoy her dressing up like a police officer and whipping him. He seems to want to be dominated by the cops enough.

Some fundies practice Domestic Discipline, which is sort of kinky, but is also abusive sounding and creepy. Basically it means that the husband spanks the wife like she was a naughty child.

For me, worst part of Christian Domestic Discipline is that they use terms like "consensual non-consent". I posted a rant about this on Wide World of Snark. In short - something is consensual, or it's not. True consent is freely given, and may be withdrawn at any time. No consent = assault.

When you bring in religion, when you suggest that someone who agrees at the outset cannot change their minds, when you talk about situations where a husband would ignore the fact that a wife is crying and pleading and fighting for him to stop hitting her and there is no safe word, when you suggest that consent does not need to be explicit but can even be implied....you are crossing a line from mutually enjoyable and consensual kink to abuse.

********************************************************************************

Re the original question:

Can't speak for Christian fundies, but Orthodox Jews also follow the same "no period sex" rule, following teachings in Leviticus. For them, no periods = no restrictions on timing of sex (keeping in mind that it still needs to be consensual, private, etc.) Perimenopause can be difficult, but many look forward to actual menopause.

Archived