IGNORED

Abigail is pre-engaged to Jesus

singsingsing

As I understand it, she might be of Ukrainian descent, but calls herself orphan because she was "abandoned" by her working parents - who left her in a DAYCARE while working.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In her latest post she says she 'received scorn at Mass' and compares herself to Mary Magdalene waiting at the cross as Jesus died (next to Mommy Mary, naturally), being spit on. Anyone want to guess what this 'scorn' she received actually was? I'm betting someone looked at her and didn't smile the right way.

I was stuck reading the second paragraph of that post over and over again, trying to make spit into spite, which would make some sense, but she conveniently "imagined" (invented) people spitting onto Mary's veil, because there is, someone correct me if I am wrong, zero, nada, nothing about that in the bible.

The scorn she received was probably someone looking at her headcovering.

Catholic fundies raise my blood pressure higher than anyone, because this was my faith so long, and I feel like they are desecrating it by their twisting and general madness. :roll:

(Doesn't make sense, I know, but my feelings tend to be a bit on the illogical side.)

Catholic fundies raise my blood pressure higher than anyone, because this was my faith so long, and I feel like they are desecrating it by their twisting and general madness. :roll:

(Doesn't make sense, I know, but my feelings tend to be a bit on the illogical side.)

I am somewhat unique (just like everybody else, I know...) that I was once an IFB fundie, converted to Catholicism and very nearly became fundie Catholic. Not anywhere near the level of crazy that she is, but yeah.... Catholic fundies frighten/infuriate me.

In her latest post she says she 'received scorn at Mass' and compares herself to Mary Magdalene waiting at the cross as Jesus died (next to Mommy Mary, naturally), being spit on. Anyone want to guess what this 'scorn' she received actually was? I'm betting someone looked at her and didn't smile the right way.

That is my guess too. I've said this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of Abigail's fellow parishioners are annoyed with her. Hardcore fundie Catholics like her are often despised in a lot of parishes.

That is my guess too. I've said this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of Abigail's fellow parishioners are annoyed with her. Hardcore fundie Catholics like her are often despised in a lot of parishes.

No wonder. She probably swept in with her holier-than-thou martyr attitude and started trying to 'reform' the church.

I swear this woman is actively trying to sabotage her own life because she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she wasn't, in her mind, suffering. If everyone in her family had enough to eat, decent clothing and shoes, and were generally satisfied with life, it's like her identity would disappear. I don't know what her husband does for a living. Does he really make so little money? I get that it's difficult to support 5 kids and a wife on one salary. Abigail could surely get a job that was just a few hours a week, maybe even work from home. But she doesn't want to. She could never sacrifice her children to the same fate as those poor Ukrainian orphans, after all. :roll: She's doing what Mommy Mary and Jesus want by being a stay-at-home wife and mother, but she seems to have plenty of time to blog and complain about how mean everyone is to her.

No wonder. She probably swept in with her holier-than-thou martyr attitude and started trying to 'reform' the church.

I swear this woman is actively trying to sabotage her own life because she wouldn't know what to do with herself if she wasn't, in her mind, suffering. If everyone in her family had enough to eat, decent clothing and shoes, and were generally satisfied with life, it's like her identity would disappear. I don't know what her husband does for a living. Does he really make so little money? I get that it's difficult to support 5 kids and a wife on one salary. Abigail could surely get a job that was just a few hours a week, maybe even work from home. But she doesn't want to. She could never sacrifice her children to the same fate as those poor Ukrainian orphans, after all. :roll: She's doing what Mommy Mary and Jesus want by being a stay-at-home wife and mother, but she seems to have plenty of time to blog and complain about how mean everyone is to her.

I was raised Catholic and I encountered a few hardcore holier-than-thou Catholic fundies during those days . They are the types that are always trying to reform the church and they piss off a lot of people at church or other church activities. None of the Catholic fundies I knew weren't as bad as Abigail. One of my CCD teachers was a mother with 6 kids. She was a bit annoying, but she worked seasonal jobs and she also had a part time contract to clean the church and parish center in order to help support her family. Abigail mentioned that her husband attended grad school years ago. It could be possible that they have debt from that and that is part of the reason they have a hard time when it comes to finances.

Abigail could work part time or possibly work from home, but I don't think she will ever consider stuff like that. Hardcore fundies pretty much believe that a mother always has to be at home raising a family. I can see Abigail viewing a work at home job as evil.

I suspect the scorn is related to the fact that she's crazy and attention getting and people are tired of that BS.

It doesn't matter how much her husband makes if they are terrible at managing their finances. They are in debt because they don't pay their bills, and not just student loans but electric, water, etc. At one point she was telling her husband to pay one kind of bill and skip rent because she could represent the familiy if they got kicked out of their rental home. A pity she can't do some part time legal work to support her family.

Oh In annother thread we talked about how she bragged about her empty pantry after spending the family food budget on toys for her kid and trips to get frozen yogurt.

There's something about the tone of her posts that's very disturbing to me. It doesn't sound like your garden variety fundied rantings, she sounds seriously unbalanced, like something snapped and she keeps slipping further into some dark reality she's created for herself. The more I read, the less inclined I am to snark on her because to me, she seems mentally unwell. I really do fear for those kids and as I think I mentioned upthread, I can see this ending in some kind of horrific Andrea Yates-like tragedy.

And thanks again for the info on lay Carmelites. There's so much I don't know, I almost can't figure out how to begin to learn it all...

I suspect the scorn is related to the fact that she's crazy and attention getting and people are tired of that BS.

It doesn't matter how much her husband makes if they are terrible at managing their finances. They are in debt because they don't pay their bills, and not just student loans but electric, water, etc. At one point she was telling her husband to pay one kind of bill and skip rent because she could represent the familiy if they got kicked out of their rental home. A pity she can't do some part time legal work to support her family.

Oh In annother thread we talked about how she bragged about her empty pantry after spending the family food budget on toys for her kid and trips to get frozen yogurt.

I agree with you on that. She could even do some legal work out of her house. I still cringe when I think of how much money they spent on a toy and on the swim meet trip when they barely have money. I wouldn't be surprised if she and her hubby make occasional trips to the parish office to ask for financial assistance.

There's something about the tone of her posts that's very disturbing to me. It doesn't sound like your garden variety fundied rantings, she sounds seriously unbalanced, like something snapped and she keeps slipping further into some dark reality she's created for herself. The more I read, the less inclined I am to snark on her because to me, she seems mentally unwell. I really do fear for those kids and as I think I mentioned upthread, I can see this ending in some kind of horrific Andrea Yates-like tragedy.

It seems to me that the horrific medical situation that her daughter endured was the tipping point for her. That was two years ago. She can't get over it (and I can't blame her for that) and as a result, she is probably suffering PTSD. BUT I doubt that she has had any kind of treatment or therapy. Unfortunately, it seems the extremely devout have the greatest antipathy toward acknowledging any kind of psychological disorder.

I'm that broken Ukrainian orphan that my husband took into his home. I literally was left in a crib for with 9 other babies with two caretakers for over 12 hours a day starting at six weeks old. (That was enlightened daycare in the 1970s). What did that do to my soul? How is Jesus going to heal that?

Oh seriously! This woman needs to STFU and get over herself! REally, she's mad at her parents for leaving her in daycare, so they could work and provide for her? What a self-absorbed twit! My mom stayed home with me, and my six week old soul has absolutely no recollection of that.

Guest Anonymous

Oh seriously! This woman needs to STFU and get over herself! REally, she's mad at her parents for leaving her in daycare, so they could work and provide for her? What a self-absorbed twit! My mom stayed home with me, and my six week old soul has absolutely no recollection of that.

I bet her kids wish she would go to work so they could have food to eat and decent shoes to wear. :(

It seems to me that the horrific medical situation that her daughter endured was the tipping point for her. That was two years ago. She can't get over it (and I can't blame her for that) and as a result, she is probably suffering PTSD. BUT I doubt that she has had any kind of treatment or therapy. Unfortunately, it seems the extremely devout have the greatest antipathy toward acknowledging any kind of psychological disorder.

What happened to her daughter? Do you have a link to a post about it? TIA.

I wouldn't be surprised if she developed or exhibited signs of Munchausen's by proxy. All of these random and dramatic comments about suffering for medical conditions are just so whacked!

What happened to her daughter? Do you have a link to a post about it? TIA.

abigails-alcove.blogspot.com/2010/10/he-says-he-can-fix-it_29.html

She seems pretty calm about it in this post but my impression is that she had a delayed reaction to the seriousness of the situation.

I read all of this thread and I still find this seriously hard to take seriously as I've never encountered someone this bad. Even my grandmother and her sister, diehard Catholics they were, were never this bad.

This woman seriously sounds like she wants to become a nun or she wants to become a Saint. I had the same feelings at one time too but I was 11-12 and grew out of it.

Good Lord. Stop buying your kids toys and shit and fill up the cupboard.

From a post on May 2, 2008, she states her husband is a graphic designer. Graphic designers can make good money but it sounds like they lack in money management skills for raising a large family, to say the least. Oy vey!

I definitely think she was seriously shaken up by her daughter's medical emergency (who wouldn't be?) but I don't think that's what put her over the edge. I think she's been this way for a long time. The only difference now is that she keeps bringing more children into the world who will be affected by her behaviour.

My heart breaks for her having to deal with her daughter's medical emergency, since I was in her shoes (having to wait while my 10-day-old daughter--our first and only child--underwent hours upon hours of delicate neurosurgery was absolutely the worst day of my life). She does have a very different voice in that post, calm and thoughtful (because, really what choice to you have? You'll gain nothing if you lose it and you certianly can't advocate for your child if you're dissolving in hysterics.) and it's telling that she refers to the Blessed Mother, not Mommy Mary (WTF?) Whether that was her tipping point or not, it's hard to tell, but something clearly isn't right with this woman and her children will suffer as a result. I feel very sorry for all of them. Abigail of God. I just hope no babies end up in the wastebasket.

Graphic designers can indeed to very well, especially if they're art directors or run their own studios. But there's a lot of competition out there and i's a tough field right now, especially for freelancers (I freelance in addition to my full-time job). I know several freelance designers who have had to take jobs way below their skill and experience level, because the economic climate has necessitated cutbacks and often professional design services are among the first cuts to be made. It's also easy to CALL yourself a designer and there's are way too may quickie schools that really teach nothing (which is why I insisted on looking at a candidate's actual files and not just their portfolios when I had to hire a co-worker. Most of their files were crap because they never did more than learn the most basic of basics in the software and certainly NOTHING about principles of good design...but that's a whole separate rant.)

Not so say that they're not also poor money managers, but the salary might not be there as well.

Archived