IGNORED

Abigail is pre-engaged to Jesus

singsingsing

They let strangers into the ICU? None that I've been in. I wish she had a different name.

None that I've been in either, it's always pretty much been family only. But maybe she's a volunteer or something.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone explain to me what sort of logic is behind the jesus as your pre-fiancee?

In the catholic tradition nuns are seen as literally married to Jesus. I always wondered who priests were married to in that case...

Her saying she is pre-engaged to Jesus doesn't make much sense unless she is actively preparing to become a nun, which she clearly is not. It reads like she is pining for all the things she could be doing with her life that don't include being married with kids. She isn't allowed to say screw this I wish I were in Vegas, so she says she dreams of helping others. Pretty depressing really. She thinks she won't ever be happy until she gets to Heaven and has some sweet, sweet communion with Christ.

Out of my way, Abigail, I SAW HIM FIRST!!!!! And, as a high school student, I spent a lot of time with the novice nuns, because, yes, dear Jingers, I thought I was going to be one, so I, too, was pre-engaged to Jesus.

That was seriously disturbing, and yes the maturity of a 13 year old.

Nuns are considered married to Christ, but nuns aren't actively married with five children. She couldn't divorce him to become a nun, and I'm pretty sure even if he died she cannot become a nun until her children are raised. So, is she praying for her husband to DIE so that she can be sexually intimate with Jesus, cause it sure sounds a lot like it.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jesus.

He must look at some of his fans and have a right WTF moment :(

That whole post was cringeworthy. I cringed at the beginning part.

It's embarrassing to talk about, because its so ridiculous. I'm like one of those silly, baby girls from Medieval Europe who a Queen (my Mother-in-law Mommy Mary) plucked out of her cradle and arranged to marry her son.

I was raised Catholic and understood why nuns say they are married to Jesus. I'm atheist now, but I still respect certain aspects about Catholicism, but this moron gets on my nerves. She twists around a lot of aspects of the Catholic religion.

Also reminds me of Drop Dead Gorgeous...

kBKQL6f5sec

Thank your for posting this. DDG is one of my favorite movies and I agree that scene reminds me of Abigail.

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Jesus.

He must look at some of his fans and have a right WTF moment :(

It's got to be worse than being Robert Pattinson!

WTF did I just read? Pre-engaged to Jesus? She appears to be very lonely. And immature. That post sounds like the ramblings of a 13 year old describing her first intense crush. It's rather creepy coming from a grown woman with 5 kids.

Yes, yes yes! I would have said she was like 12 if I didn't go read that. I feel like this lady needs some serious help. Not even the Duggars have said something that creepy.

That whole post was cringeworthy. I cringed at the beginning part.

I was raised Catholic and understood why nuns say they are married to Jesus. I'm atheist now, but I still respect certain aspects about Catholicism, but this moron gets on my nerves. She twists around a lot of aspects of the Catholic religion.

It's not "embarrassing" because your (celestial?) parents arranged for you to marry someone the minute you were born. It's embarrassing because you are a grown, married woman who is acting like a 12-year-old. :roll:

I was raised Catholic too and their fundies are the worst to me, I think we had a discussion about that the last time she came up. But once again Abigail, you cannot be (church-wise) married to Jesus if you are ALREADY married. You cannot cheat with Jesus and you cannot divorce your husband for Jesus. It's like she's waiting for her husband to die so she can join an order (although I do agree with another poster that she probably wouldn't be allowed to until her kids were grown).

It's got to be worse than being Robert Pattinson!

Not really he just sparkles ...

Jesus has a way bigger remit.

Nothing like having everybody expecting you to save them.

Rob just wants everybody to err well you ..know. :D

So does her vow of chastity mean she's not having sex with her husband anymore? Because that marriage won't last long. How does that fit with her desire to procreate for Jesus?

Jesus gets all the chicks I tell ya, he is such a man-whore....

pants.jpg

I could say many horrible, extremely offensive things. But I am a good girl. So......

V-necks. Even Jesus wore that as a dress dude! Apparently.

In my mind. Jesus was at the cutting edge of Jerusalem fashion. But if you have to be crucified you gotta go with the flo.

Yes my irreverence.

I don't think she has a vow of chastity per se.

Before she join the order she'd have to pay off all those pesky debts also.

OK, I feel dirty after reading that post. :shock: I knew the chick was seriously messed up, but it bears repeating: The chick is seriously messed up.

From today's post:

I'm that broken Ukrainian orphan that my husband took into his home. I literally was left in a crib for with 9 other babies with two caretakers for over 12 hours a day starting at six weeks old. (That was enlightened daycare in the 1970s). What did that do to my soul? How is Jesus going to heal that?

Was she actually living in a Ukrainian orphanage, or is she calling herself an orphan for being in daycare? Also, what's this "not throwing up yet from chemo?"

From today's post:

Was she actually living in a Ukrainian orphanage, or is she calling herself an orphan for being in daycare? Also, what's this "not throwing up yet from chemo?"

I think she is trying to compare her husband to an adoptive parent who takes in an "orphan" and in that metaphor she is the orphan because she was in daycare.

I think she is trying to compare her husband to an adoptive parent who takes in an "orphan" and in that metaphor she is the orphan because she was in daycare.

WTF is she saying now?! I haven't read the post yet, but no, she most definitely was not in a Ukrainian orphanage. She's saying absurd things to make herself a martyr again. And yes, I often get this weird vibe from her surrounding her relationship with her husband, often the way she describes it makes it seem more like the relationship between a parent and a child. But yeah, this is basically like how she claims to be infertile even though she's had five children in a short span of time.

Well, clearly she must not be married to her husband because she is pre-engaged to another man. Jesus is her pre-fiance and her husband is... apparently her dad.

I don't even know. She went from talking about being "missionaries" to each other to being in an orphanage to throwing up from chemo.

Not only is she pre-engaged to Jesus, her husband adopted her. When she was a Ukrainian orphan. And sometime in the future she will be throwing up from chemo? I'm totally lost. For a minute there I really thought she was trying to tell her readers that she's been diagnosed with cancer or something, but it doesn't sound like it. Where does something like that even come from? This lady is seriously disturbed.

Oh I remember Abigail...she is looney toons. I believe last time Abigail came up I likened her to Franki Granger, another FJ All-Star.

It's not "embarrassing" because your (celestial?) parents arranged for you to marry someone the minute you were born. It's embarrassing because you are a grown, married woman who is acting like a 12-year-old. :roll:

This. So very this. WTF with calling VM "Mommy Mary?" I thought that was barf-worthy. You are a grown woman, not a 12 year old.

Her use of juvenile language says to me that she is someone who probably gave up a career in law because she didn't want to deal with making grown up decisions, and it is easier to use the Bible and patriarchy to justify that decision than to just admit you weren't up for adult responsibilities.

Edited to fix formatting

Archived