IGNORED

Abigail is pre-engaged to Jesus

singsingsing

But it's kind of embarrassing for her to talk about.

abigails-alcove.blogspot.ca/

I can't help but think if she spent less time wistfully pining to "be filled by HIM" and be more in union with the Holy Spirit and to meet her mother-in-law "Mommy Mary" she might be able to budget for groceries or, I don't know, clue into the fact that continuing to have children when each one has a 1/4 chance of having Cystic Fibrosis, is not the best idea.

It's a hard, bittersweet place to be. I feel like it is taking us so, so long to come together. It almost feels sometimes hopeless or impossible. Yet sometimes, He consoles me. I heard this "wanted" song and it was so reassuring. It's Jesus singing to my soul--reminding me about how its going to be when we are married.

You know what a hard, bittersweet place to be is, Abigail? When you've got 6 or 7 children, your luck runs out and one of them has CF, and you've got no food in your cupboards.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't help but think if she spent less time wistfully pining to "be filled by HIM"...

:shock:

that was embarrassing, indeed. Most fucking cringe-worthy thing I've read all week.

He consoles me. I heard this "wanted" song and it was so reassuring. It's Jesus singing to my soul--reminding me about how its going to be when we are married. I love the lyric "Anyone can tell you you're pretty. You get that all the time. But your beauty is deeper than the make-up and I want to show you what I see tonight!"

:shock: Alrighty then...

I don't even know what to say. This is one fucked-up chick. The scary thing for me is that I can see this ending up as some kind of Catholic Andrea Yates tragedy.

No, it sounds like she wants to be f*****, to be perfectly honest.

QFT.

See also: emotional maturity and lack thereof in fundie women. Inner thirteen year old. Does she pencil "Abigail Christ" in her notebooks in purple glitter?

That's disturbing. So how miserable is her marriage that she needs Jesus for a husband?

And I think she needs to invest in a really good vibrator.

No, it sounds like she wants to be f*****, to be perfectly honest.

That's what it sounds like to me. And wanting to be filled by Jesus is the only way she's allowed to express that. She sounds pretty unhappy. Though of course, she's not really allowed to be unhappy.

She always talks about how obsessively she loves and adores her amaaaazing husband, but maybe she is over-compensating? What also confuses me is that she converted to fundie Catholic from secular feminist. She went to law school. Was she like this before, or did she become this crazy because she thought that's how she had to play the role of Good Submissive Super Catholic Carmelite Wife?

This reminds me of a Second City sketch I saw about two Christian pop singers who try to perform at a public school assembly. The principal tells them they can't sing about G-d Jesus, and suggests substituting a name like "Frank." They then sing a song about how they want to be "touched by Frank" and "feel Frank inside of me."

I took a look on her blog and she is aparently a follower of Saint Teresa, what didnt make a lot of sense because the carmelites are all nuns. so yes she probably want to become one.

I remember the giggles in literature class when we were studing Saint Teresa books in school, because the religious extasis that she describes its very similar to...well...sex hahaha

This reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman starts a Christian boy band-

♪Oh Lord you are my savior! You know I miss you so much when you are gone.

Yes I may be born again, but I wasn't born again yesterday.

I want'a get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus. I want'a feel his salvation all over my face.

The body of Christ, sleek swimmer's body, all muscled up and toned.

The body of Christ, Oh, Lord Almighty, I wish I could call it my own.

You're one time, two times, three times my Savior...

Whenever I see Jesus up on that cross I can't help but think that he looks kind'a hot... ♪

Ok, just have to chime in here. I came to this thread thinking it was some horrid Maxhell posting that Mjr Douchebag was declaring Abby pre-engaged to Jesus. Ugh, this makes me sick that I even thought that, and yet it's something I could see happening, too!

This is the Bernini sculpture of St Theresa in ecstasy. It's unmistakeably sexual, as were her writings. This is what it looks like to be filled with Jesus . . . .

http://www.students.sbc.edu/oneal08/Images/Theresa%27s%20mouth.jpg

http://www.students.sbc.edu/oneal08/Images/Close%20on%20angel%20and%20her.jpg

Being a Christian isn't about what you feel. It's about the choices you make.

Ok, just have to chime in here. I came to this thread thinking it was some horrid Maxhell posting that Mjr Douchebag was declaring Abby pre-engaged to Jesus. Ugh, this makes me sick that I even thought that, and yet it's something I could see happening, too!

You're not alone...

WTF did I just read? Pre-engaged to Jesus? She appears to be very lonely. And immature. That post sounds like the ramblings of a 13 year old describing her first intense crush. It's rather creepy coming from a grown woman with 5 kids.

Reminds me of a statue of St. Therese by Bernini:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... ttoria.jpg

Many female saints have visions that are decidedly sexual in nature, phrases like "being pierced by his great spear" are not unheard of. :lol:

Edit: Sorry,I posted before I read all posts,and I am glad to see I was not the only one to make the connection to Therese!

Wait, this is the crazy one who is married and keeps having kids even though she's a carrier for CF? ...I didn't know her name and thought it was a 13-year-old...

I don't get it though because nuns and sisters can be "married" to Jesus but I don't think you can be "married" to Jesus if you already have a husband. I'm pretty sure that's not how lay orders work. (Cheating with Jesus?!)

This post is a little creeptastic: "Today, I really wanted to hug a friend in MN who just had a miscarriage. I wanted to pray by the bedside of a Catholic Mother who is dying in Phoenix. So instead I visited a stranger in the ICU in Martinsburg--in honor of my daughter Tess, who turned 2 today, who taught me how to feel comfortable in hospitals and who taught me that everybody is beautiful, especially when they are sick."

Yeah, if I was in the ICU I'd really want some random fundy coming in to visit me so she can tell me I'm beautiful... on the other hand I get really snippy when I'm sick, and my mom is not above yelling at people who do not belong in my hospital room and won't get out, so it could be funny to see her reaction ;)

They let strangers into the ICU? None that I've been in. I wish she had a different name.

That is unusual...its like she actually has a crush on Jesus. She needs to get one of those Jesus on a cross shaped dildos.

OK, I am sure everyone has had a crush on a character in a book at some point in their lives, or thought they would be a good boyfriend or girlfriend, this seems a bit far. I think if he was alive today, he would be getting out a restraining order to escape some of his mad fans.

wistfully pining to "be filled by HIM"

:laughing-rolling: sounds kinda sexual

See also: emotional maturity and lack thereof in fundie women. Inner thirteen year old. Does she pencil "Abigail Christ" in her notebooks in purple glitter?

BWAH HA HA! Mrs. Jay Cee!

Archived