IGNORED

Laine's Letters

godlytomatosoup

Does anyone else read these? lainesletters.com Sort of like a blog, only she sends them off by email, then archives them on her website.

She is amazingly over the top: lainesletters.com/letters/adailyquiettime.html

~ Have you ever asked Him that you might be His sweetest joy?

~Have you ever asked Him that He might be your sweetest joy?

~Have you ever asked Him that you might never forget His cross and to stay flat before it; standing on the outside, but flat before Him on the inside?

~Have you ever asked Him to help you thank Him for the cross every eternal day of your life?

Have you ever asked Him?

Oh, have you ever asked Him?

I feel like I'm reading the world's most religious Cosmo quiz. I half expected the next question to be "Have you ever asked Him to use chocolate body paint?"

Oh duuuuuuude! I can't believe someone else found those! I was totally dependent on them during my frightening almost-fundie phase. I'll admit it - there are some that still help me with housework and chilling the fuck out when I'm ready to lose my mind with that and the family. :oops: But yeah, I have to snicker over many of them. I just can't get that orgasmic about the thought of Jesus and homemaking.

~Have you ever asked Him to help you thank Him for the cross every eternal day of your life?

Ok, this sentence doesn't even make sense. For one, how can you have an eternal day of your life? :roll:

OMG, someone else found these! I remember several years ago I used to read her site rather avidly. It was in my final *dive into the fundieness* phase before I started researching and ended up doing a 180. I remember her as at least seeming nicer than a lot of the other fundie women, is that a correct memory?

Quote:

~ Have you ever asked Him that you might be His sweetest joy?

~Have you ever asked Him that He might be your sweetest joy?

~Have you ever asked Him that you might never forget His cross and to stay flat before it; standing on the outside, but flat before Him on the inside?

Have you ever asked Him?

Oh, have you ever asked Him?

It is a lot more amusing if you use the fortune cookie game of adding "In Bed" to every line.

I used to read these too! She actually seemed really kind, although yes, they were a bit over the top. Does she still send them out? Last I heard, they were all just archives now, and no new letters.

Archived