IGNORED

What happened to the Catholic head covering mom's blog

boysmom

You mean Michelle the Farm Hijabi/Coffee Catholic?

She's still around but mainly blogs at http://catholicorkney.blogspot.co.uk/ now. She's active on facebook. She seems less into the headcovering/prairie dress thing nowadays, though is still fundie.

Yes, Michele! Thanks, I sometimes wonder how she's doing.

Is this the one who ordered the custom 'Pram' from the US? I read her blog..think she is in a rural area..and I quite liked her blog but was very thankful (for her) that she did not decide to move to Glasgow...because that would not be a good move :lol:

Sweet photos of her children over at the Catholic Orkney blog. Also I noticed she's not skirts/dresses only anymore and that she's no longer covering her hair (according to one photo of her on the blog). I wonder what caused her to change her mind?

She just got back from a pilgrimage to Lourdes. She wrote that the cathedral nave was built over one of the sights where the Virgin appeared and she had no idea what a nave was in a church. For a cradle Catholic, that's odd. Last I heard they were busy with lambing and shearing sheep.

Yes, her kids are really cute. I am also a cradle Catholic but didn't know that the outer gathering area was called a nave until I was probably 40 or so. I have no idea why. :)

I'm gonna skip this fundie...she looks waaay to much like my ex-girlfriend and they have very similar names.....yup, I'm going back to the Maxwell thread!

I actually really dig this woman. Her wacky Transformer erotica, her awesome farm in the Orkneys, her cooking, her decor... I found her lifestyle charming.

Her " We allow abortion and this is why tragedies happen" was upsetting though.

I notice there has been no new pregnancies... perhaps parenting three children under age 2 was enough of being blessed with blessings for a while.

She's lost weight, too, and looks really healthy.

That blog is hoot. The pilgramage to Lourdes was hilarous. I love the "I have no idea why but everyone else did it so I did too" theme of her pilgramage. Peer pressure at it's Catholic finest.

She just got back from a pilgrimage to Lourdes. She wrote that the cathedral nave was built over one of the sights where the Virgin appeared and she had no idea what a nave was in a church. For a cradle Catholic, that's odd. Last I heard they were busy with lambing and shearing sheep.

Michelle was actually my gateway fundie and while I don't agree with the majority of her views I always found her to be charming with her insistence of dressing in historical costume dresses while in town or on the farm. Her children are some little cuties and it's very obvious she absolutely loves and adores them! Anyway if I remember from the early days of her main blog she actually converted to Catholicism back in the US. I believe she's also a war veteran and that she lived for a time in Alaska (I think she worked as a firefighter there). She's led a very interesting and full life!

I've never read her blog before: how old are the kids? And who is "Amy" (apparently at-home help for the babies? catholicorkney.blogspot.co.uk/2010/02/brought-twins-to-mass-tonight.html)

Archived