IGNORED

The Great Chick-fil-A Snake Oil "Faith" Hustle

doggie

I wonder if scarygirl's running to her fundie friends; claiming that she's being persecuted for telling us her opinions as a true Christiantm. Newsflash; criticism isn't the same as persecution. Persecution is putting somebody in jail and or killing them for being who they are (a different race, LGBT) or belief.

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since scarygirl is active in this topic, I'm going to re-ask the question that I asked here: http://freejinger.org/viewtopic.php?p=343190#p343190

It's probably like how the Gay Agenda is pushing back The Christian (The Handmaid's Tale Agenda) Agenda; which is complete and utter nonsense. All LGBT people want are equal rights; not domination over others. When domination is over others is using one's freedom of religion to make denying of others their rights.

Guest Anonymous
I am not a thin skinned person.

No mattter how you feel about the abortion movement, I don't see humor in mocking (real or unreal) the purchase of aborted fetuses. And that is to the person who created the joke, not the reposter of the joke.

FClGhto1vIg

**ETA: Bonus No True Scotsman fallacy! + Because I say so, that's why.

The first article is horrible. A true christian should not agree with a government purposely killings others because of ther sexual practices so long as the partner are of age and of agreement with one another.

There's more than a whiff of typical-as-fuck fundie about this one.

If it wasn't for the fall, we wouldn't have children being beaten and horribly abused. God takes no pride in such horrible behavior

Really? Maybe someone should tell the Pearls that.

Here's my question. It's one I want to ask every dogmatic Christian that comes here. What was your purpose in coming here? If you don't want to answer questions directly and back up your opinions with rational arguments, then why are you here?

My prediction, scarygirl will ignore this thread and when she thinks we have all fogotten it will pop up in another thread. The hive doesn't forget scarygirl.

My prediction, scarygirl will ignore this thread and when she thinks we have all fogotten it will pop up in another thread. The hive doesn't forget scarygirl.

Right on the nosey!

What is that supposed to be some kind of threat? It is one thing to not like someone's opinion, but it another thing altogether to bully someone. And that is what this site is all about. You could care less about women's rights, you HATE god. YOu hate the fact that maybe there is an even TINY chance that you are wrong and that god even exists. Because if he exists, we all, including me, are going to have some explaining to do in the end.,

I don't support THE mistreatment of women, BUT what discusts me even further is seeing people's words twisted. I have read alot of the fundamentalists blogs and while I don't agree with everything they believe, at least I respect them enough to know that taunting them insn't going to change anything.

I could post bible verses all day long and you would twist them because that seems to be the in thing to do. Your mind is not open..

You who are so full of questions, answer me this honestly, do you believe in a free society or not? Because in reading this thread, it doesn't seem so.

It's probably like how the Gay Agenda is pushing back The Christian (The Handmaid's Tale Agenda) Agenda; which is complete and utter nonsense. All LGBT people want are equal rights; not domination over others. When domination is over others is using one's freedom of religion to make denying of others their rights.

First the Gay Agenda, now the Abortion Movement...What next? The Motherhood Boycott?

Really? Maybe someone should tell the Pearls that.

Here's my question. It's one I want to ask every dogmatic Christian that comes here. What was your purpose in coming here? If you don't want to answer questions directly and back up your opinions with rational arguments, then why are you here?

I came here because I heard about this site through postings on the 19 kids and counting site. Because like a lot of you I was curious and had no idea that so many families like the duggars actually exist in this day and age.

As to a rational argument, what is rational to you? That I agree with you just because you say something is right? I said from the very beginning that I don;t think giving an opinion constitutes hate speech. It doesn't matter what the opinion is, you can't control other people's thoughts.

What is that supposed to be some kind of threat? It is one thing to not like someone's opinion, but it another thing altogether to bully someone. And that is what this site is all about. You could care less about women's rights, you HATE god. YOu hate the fact that maybe there is an even TINY chance that you are wrong and that god even exists. Because if he exists, we all, including me, are going to have some explaining to do in the end.,

I don't support THE mistreatment of women, BUT what discusts me even further is seeing people's words twisted. I have read alot of the fundamentalists blogs and while I don't agree with everything they believe, at least I respect them enough to know that taunting them insn't going to change anything.

I could post bible verses all day long and you would twist them because that seems to be the in thing to do. Your mind is not open..

You who are so full of questions, answer me this honestly, do you believe in a free society or not? Because in reading this thread, it doesn't seem so.

What the hell does "discusts" mean? Is that anything like "disgusts"?

Also, care to address the Bible verses regarding traditional marriage and child abuse that have been posted?

ps. Look up threat and bully in the dictionary.

It doesn't mean what you think it does.

;)

Guest Anonymous

SCARYGIRL IS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT EXCESSIVE CAPITALIZATION IS A REASONABLE FORM OF EMPHASIS!

Asking if someone is in favour of a free society is dumb. Obviously, we are all in favour of a free society. If you were smart, you would be using that kind of ridiculous question to frame what people thought of the answers and, therefore, of the person answering. I'm not so sure that you're smart.

I'm not sure exactly how a reasonable person could read a thread into what formergothardite wrote. I'm not so sure that you're reasonable.

You seem quite contemptuous of those who you see as 'full of questions'. Is that because you cannot answer the questions that have been posed to you? Why don't you try answering them?

First the Gay Agenda, now the Abortion Movement...What next? The Motherhood Boycott?

Good grief, the abortion movement - the movement to legalize abortion. You know the one that happened with Roe Vs. Wade, that sort of thing?

You know it is really sad when people are more upset over someone saying people are free to their opinions than about someone going to anothers blog and mocking someone who is obviously against abortion in such a vile way.

Guest Anonymous

Typical-as-fuck fundie. Called it!

It's not possible to both 1.) hate God. and 2.) believe God doesn't exist. Many posters here believe in God. Many posters here are Christians. Many posters here are Jewish. We have some Buddhists and Pagans and Muslims and Witches. Others are atheists. There is no consensus on that topic so talking to us like we're all one person is ridiculous.

Snarking might not change very many hard core fundies but we have posters here who will state that they were pulled back from the brink of fundamentalism in part because of Free Jinger. We are also a great place for former fundies (such as myself) to talk about and snark about our experiences.

I absolutely believe in a free society. I don't want the government to shut Chick-fil-a down. Dan Cathy has a right to spout his opinion and I have a right to boycott his hatewiches. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. Fundamentalists beat children and babies. I have never and would never do that. Fundamentalists want a lot of us dead, and all of us shut up. I don't want that for any of them, so who is the bully?

If you think we're all such a load of bullies and it's useless for you to talk to us, then what do you think you're accomplishing by joining us here?

formergothardite made a prediction. My prediction is that formergothardite's prediction will eventually come true.

What the hell does "discusts" mean? Is that anything like "disgusts"?

Also, care to address the Bible verses regarding traditional marriage and child abuse that have been posted?

ps. Look up threat and bully in the dictionary.

It doesn't mean what you think it does.

;)

scarygirl"]

My prediction, scarygirl will ignore this thread and when she thinks we have all fogotten it will pop up in another thread. The hive doesn't forget scarygirl.[/

Actually telling someone they will keep dredging up a post no what thread they are in sounds like a threat to me. Not that I care, play on.

Hey scarygirl; why won't you answer mine or formgothardite's questions? I won't post them for you; 'cause ya know; you can actually look back and read them. And answer all of them.

Good grief, the abortion movement - the movement to legalize abortion. You know the one that happened with Roe Vs. Wade, that sort of thing?

You know it is really sad when people are more upset over someone saying people are free to their opinions than about someone going to anothers blog and mocking someone who is obviously against abortion in such a vile way.

When someone says I have to risk death for a clump of cells rather than seek treatment through abortion that myself and my doctor both feel is best and safest course of action I have every right to be vile. They are telling me I have no right to live just because I got pregnant.

Guest Anonymous

I would dearly love to buy you some reading comprehension. Not a single person here is upset about that at all.

But CanadianHippie; didn'tcha know that the possibility of a baby is more important than the woman carrying the possibility who is actually living outside of a womb? I mean; c'mon. Where's your logic? :roll: /sarcasm.

But CanadianHippie; didn'tcha know that the possibility of a baby is more important than the woman carrying the possibility who is actually outside of a womb? I mean; c'mon. Where's your logic? :roll: /sarcasm.

Right, I forgot. I am the sum total of my reproductive organs and nothing more. :roll:

scarygirl"]

Oh dear. I didn't read that! They are going to repost your words? Gah, that's awful! :cry: :roll:

About those Bible verses...

C'mon; scarygirl. Why won't you answer all of mine and formergothardite's questions that we asked you?

Typical-as-fuck fundie. Called it!

It's not possible to both 1.) hate God. and 2.) believe God doesn't exist. Many posters here believe in God. Many posters here are Christians. Many posters here are Jewish. We have some Buddhists and Pagans and Muslims and Witches. Others are atheists. There is no consensus on that topic so talking to us like we're all one person is ridiculous.

Snarking might not change very many hard core fundies but we have posters here who will state that they were pulled back from the brink of fundamentalism in part because of Free Jinger. We are also a great place for former fundies (such as myself) to talk about and snark about our experiences.

I absolutely believe in a free society. I don't want the government to shut Chick-fil-a down. Dan Cathy has a right to spout his opinion and I have a right to boycott his hatewiches. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences. Fundamentalists beat children and babies. I have never and would never do that. Fundamentalists want a lot of us dead, and all of us shut up. I don't want that for any of them, so who is the bully?

If you think we're all such a load of bullies and it's useless for you to talk to us, then what do you think you're accomplishing by joining us here?

I have a different opinion on Chik Fil A. So what! And from I have seen of their blogs, how are they threatening you? So you decided that wasn't your type of faith, but maybe it works for others. It wouldn't and doesnt work for me. I would never stand for a man telling me what to do, what to say, and how to act.

You say fundamentalists beat children and babies, but so do a lot of non christians. But yet I see this used as a reason to hate religion. The crap comes out both ends of you know what I mean.

C'mon; scarygirl. Why won't you answer all of mine and formergothardite's questions that we asked you?

Ask the question again and I will answer it. I know I will get beaten teh hell over it, but I don't care.

Archived