IGNORED

The Great Chick-fil-A Snake Oil "Faith" Hustle

doggie

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're correct. You are allowed your own opinion. However, once you voice that opinion, other people will respond.

QFT...what is so hard to understand about this pretty basic idea?

And oh joy, another "I just don't want abortion used as birth control" type - because so many women are doing exactly that. They must be the sisters of the welfare queen in her caddy and the girl who went to SCHOOL but didn't learn any useful life skills, and possibly the daughters of the working moms who hate SAHMs.

You know, the Straw family...

B-b-but GlassCowcatcher; where do you learn your morals from then? :shock:/sarcasm Alice in Wonderland?

B-b-but GlassCowcatcher; where do you learn your morals from then? :shock:/sarcasm Alice in Wonderland?

From Moody Blues records, coffee houses, and a few nutrition labels. 8-)

Why are you anti-abortion; but not anti-bc pills and condoms? After all; bc pills and condoms prevent possibilities of teh white Christian babies needed for the white supremicist's armies. And while we're at it; we might as well condone boners and periods too. Wouldn't that make God a natural aborter? How come if his demand was to be fruitful and multiply; people don't reproduce when they start hitting puberty but wait for a while? Isn't that sinful in God's eyes?

I am against abortion in most cases because by that time a human being that can feel actual pain has already had time to develop.

In the case of BC pills and morning after pill, you are no where near that state as the egg is prevented from attaching to the uterine wall.

What is that supposed to be some kind of threat? It is one thing to not like someone's opinion, but it another thing altogether to bully someone. And that is what this site is all about. You could care less about women's rights, you HATE god. YOu hate the fact that maybe there is an even TINY chance that you are wrong and that god even exists. Because if he exists, we all, including me, are going to have some explaining to do in the end.,

1. Postulating that someone will:

- pop back into various threads, acting as if they never said anything offensive

- bring up the same tired arguments over and over

- refuse to actually answer questions, especially about the Bible

- fall back on "you're all mean" and acting persecuted, simply because someone disagreed with them

- say lots of other offensive, annoying, or "I'm not a fundy, except that I write just like one" stuff

happens here, because people doing those things happens here. It's not a threat of any action, just a prediction based on a "here we go again" feeling.

We're all online, nobody knows where you are -- how could anyone be a threat to you?

2. This site is all about many things, but bullying is not one of them. There are outspoken people, and things that deserve righteous anger get it, but it is very rare for anyone here even to go to someone's blog and post an opinion -- I don't think I've ever seen an attempt to bully one of the people we discuss.

3. There is no monolithic "you" here -- there are many, varied people. That's the reason we make jokes about the imaginary "hive vagina" (seemed more fitting than "hive mind" to whoever first made it up) - if you read for a while, you'll realize it's incredibly silly to think of FJ as having only one opinion.

4. Despite the fact that there is no monolothic "you" here, I feel pretty safe in stating that a majority here care deeply about women's rights, and human rights in general. I find most of the people who post here very caring and open-minded. But most are not open to nonsense answers and "I just know I'm right/the Bible says so, so you have to believe me" arguments.

5. Again, that imaginary single mind you are addressing includes people of many religious beliefs, so there's no "you" here to fit your wild description.

Personally, I don't believe in a supreme being, so I can't hate one. I also have no fear -- Pascal's Wager is for cowards.

So, have you witnessed someone with ID confirming they are from FJ, putting tape over Dan Cathy's mouth or freezing his company's assets? As far as I know, he is still free to do as he pleases.

As are you, so I'd love to see your next post.

edited for riffle

I am against abortion in most cases because by that time a human being that can feel actual pain has already had time to develop.

In the case of BC pills and morning after pill, you are no where near that state as the egg is prevented from attaching to the uterine wall.

Science disagrees with the bolded. But, at least you have a semirational status on this issu.

So you lied in your earlier post where you said abortion was between a woman and her god? Or do you mean that you don't approve but still think abortion should be legal?

There is NO empirical data to prove that.

QFT...what is so hard to understand about this pretty basic idea?

And oh joy, another "I just don't want abortion used as birth control" type - because so many women are doing exactly that. They must be the sisters of the welfare queen in her caddy and the girl who went to SCHOOL but didn't learn any useful life skills, and possibly the daughters of the working moms who hate SAHMs.

You know, the Straw family...

OK, The Straw Family has to become a pseudo children's book (in the same vein as Go the Fuck to Sleep), complete with pretty illustrations. :D

I thank god humans are smarter then god. Imagine what prisons would be like? Everyone who sinned would be on death row kill someone death steal death steal to feed your family death. Fart in publi. Death. Have sex with the wrong person death (well not if you were the judge of course)

Saying god thinks all sins are the same is one way to get away with murder and suffer no more the having sex with a sheep.

Oh, and I know that these threads can get overwhelming, but I would like to point out

1. You didn't actually answer my earlier question, you answered a question that was not asked

2. Answering questions that are not asked or giving non-comittal answers just makes these threads frustrating.

Fundies who come here to do, hell, I don't know why they come here, it is never to actually answer questions or have any sort of logical debate, but when they are here they always do #2 and it really makes Christians look bad.

OK, The Straw Family has to become a pseudo children's book (in the same vein as Go the Fuck to Sleep), complete with pretty illustrations. :D

That made my gigglesnort out loud. Something on the internet hasn't been able to make me do that in quite a while. :D

Really? Maybe someone should tell the Pearls that.

Here's my question. It's one I want to ask every dogmatic Christian that comes here. What was your purpose in coming here? If you don't want to answer questions directly and back up your opinions with rational arguments, then why are you here?

Here is deeleam's question. A very good one too.

deeleam and formergorthardite; maybe they wanna get their own Persecuted by FreeJinger badges? Oh, and scarygirl; you still haven't answered all of my questions.

Scarygirl, could you please address the Bible verses regarding "traditional" Biblical marriage and child abuse that the ladies here kindly posted?[/quote

I know what the bible says about marriage in Genesis. The other verses mentioned talked about treating women as prostitutes and property. That was how women were treated period, not necessarily because of God or religion. That isn't how Jesus saw women. When Jesus met the woman at the well, he spoke to her when no one else would.

—Genesis 1]Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.â€

—Genesis 2:18-25 (NKJV)

And yes, there are verses about sparing the rod. There is a difference between discplining a child with a swat on the butt and beating them black and blue into submission. A light swat on the butt never hurt anyone. Continually beating a child within an inch of his life for the mere act of breathing is wrong.

It doesn't matter if you hit a child with an object or your hand; you're still beating them.

deeleam and formergorthardite; maybe they wanna get their own Persecuted by FreeJinger badges? Oh, and scarygirl; you still haven't answered all of my questions.

I amswered your question just a second ago.

That made my gigglesnort out loud. Something on the internet hasn't been able to make me do that in quite a while. :D

Glad I could give you a gigglesnort!

And I'm so glad to be reading another calm, persistent "you're not answering questions with any substance, so we'll just politely ask again" thread.

Formergathardite, Deelaem, Lissar, Debrand and Koala -- you inspire!

Oh, and Glass Cowcatcher, your twin analogy is great.

So, just for you, a glass cowcatcher (granted, on a van, not a train, but it was all I could find!):

2aiKB.jpg

Well, I'm heading to bed. In the morning I'll see if she answers the questions I actually asked.

It doesn't matter if you hit a child with an object or you're hand; you're still beating them.

There is a huge difference between a simple smack on the bottom and beating someone. Beating someone is having a parent get so mad and so out of control that you are having to hold the door with your body to stop them from coming at you. I know what this like, been there, done that.

Oh, and Glass Cowcatcher, your twin analogy is great.

So, just for you, a glass cowcatcher (granted, on a van, not a train, but it was all I could find!):

2aiKB.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The hell, man, those things actually exist?

Archived