IGNORED

Audra Notgrass had her baby

0 kids n not countin

"Avery has joined his sisters Melody Hope and Glory Dawn in the arms of Jesus. He is survived on earth by his parents, John and Audra Notgrass; an unborn brother, Henry (due July 2012)"

They've lost 3 children? How awful :(

Hope Henry is healthy and stays healthy and happy.

John and Audra live in Tennessee with their son, Henry. They also have two daughters, Melody Hope and Glory Dawn, and another son, Avery, who are safe in the arms of Jesus.

It didn't take John long to update the business web site.

I thought Melody Hope and Glory Dawn were miscarriages (not that having a miscarriage is any better), or one of them was I thought? In any case, as I have already said I hope Henry Samuel is a healthy baby and stays healthy.

Guest Anonymous

It does make me smile that poor Audra Notgrass has gained FJ notoriety smply by being a friend of a wannnabee-friend of the Maxwells. :D

That said, I wish a long, happy, healthy and fundie-abuse free life to their new baby. :)

"Avery has joined his sisters Melody Hope and Glory Dawn in the arms of Jesus. He is survived on earth by his parents, John and Audra Notgrass; an unborn brother, Henry (due July 2012)"

They've lost 3 children? How awful :(

Hope Henry is healthy and stays healthy and happy.

The two girls were miscarriages and Avery died suddenly at 18 months. I can't imagine the grief.

It does make me smile that poor Audra Notgrass has gained FJ notoriety smply by being a friend of a wannnabee-friend of the Maxwells. :D

That said, I wish a long, happy, healthy and fundie-abuse free life to their new baby. :)

Well, she also was on the "Arranged Marriage" episode of Our America with Lisa Ling.

Although I've been skeptical about the final determination on the death of their other son, I really hope Henry stays healthy.

Well, she also was on the "Arranged Marriage" episode of Our America with Lisa Ling.

Although I've been skeptical about the final determination on the death of their other son, I really hope Henry stays healthy.

Me too, on both counts.

What do you mean about the final determination on the death of their other son? I read he was evaluated and treated at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. That is a well respected medical center.

What do you mean about the final determination on the death of their other son? I read he was evaluated and treated at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital. That is a well respected medical center.

I doubt there was an autopsy. According to there blog his auto immune system went awry. I do hope that his death had no genetic origins. It would be a shame to see them struggle with the pain of losing a second child.

I doubt there was an autopsy. According to there blog his auto immune system went awry. I do hope that his death had no genetic origins. It would be a shame to see them struggle with the pain of losing a second child.

Good point. With 2 previous miscarriages there could be something genetic. There probably was an autopsy based on his previously being in good health. At least in most hospitals, at least teaching ones, an autopsy would be mandated.

Good point. With 2 previous miscarriages there could be something genetic. There probably was an autopsy based on his previously being in good health. At least in most hospitals, at least teaching ones, an autopsy would be mandated.

I seriously doubt that they could be forced into an autopsy with an unsuspicious death and personally don't think that fundies would agree to one to further the cause of science.

I seriously doubt that they could be forced into an autopsy with an unsuspicious death and personally don't think that fundies would agree to one to further the cause of science.

The hospitals I've worked on would be quite forceful in getting an autopsy done. His death wasn't suspicious but the fact he'd formerly been healthy and then developed a significant immune disorder of some type is cause for an autopsy. Although labs may have already given them answers.

The hospitals I've worked on would be quite forceful in getting an autopsy done. His death wasn't suspicious but the fact he'd formerly been healthy and then developed a significant immune disorder of some type is cause for an autopsy. Although labs may have already given them answers.

Forceful is vastly different from mandated/required. Frankly I cannot see any fundy agreeing to have a loved ones body 'mutilated' in the name of science.

They were on the Arranged Marriage special??? I thought they had a courtship, which I realize could be considered arranged, but I read their story somewhere and it sounded like they both really liked each other.

Does anyone know them personally? I always got the impression they were fundie lite.

Forceful is vastly different from mandated/required. Frankly I cannot see any fundy agreeing to have a loved ones body 'mutilated' in the name of science.

I've known autopsies to be done on Amish, when the situation called for it even though the family did not want an autopsy. And also with Orthodox Jewish families.

I've known autopsies to be done on Amish, when the situation called for it even though the family did not want an autopsy. And also with Orthodox Jewish families.

And in these cases were the deaths suspicious or was there issues of public health involved? Because if they weren't, the autopsy could not be required under law, unless it was a public health issue.

And in these cases were the deaths suspicious or was there issues of public health involved? Because if they weren't, the autopsy could not be required under law, unless it was a public health issue.

Amish - public health issue. Orthodox Jewish - unattended death.

I think an argument could be made for an autopsy in a child who had previously been healthy and then starts getting one infection after another. I think I read it was an abdominal infection that caused his death. An autopsy would provide details as to whether something had ruptured leading to peritonitis. It depends on how many answers they got from labs and studies prior to his death. I can see that the parents would agree to an autopsy if a caring physician explained the advantages.

Amish - public health issue. Orthodox Jewish - unattended death.

I think an argument could be made for an autopsy in a child who had previously been healthy and then starts getting one infection after another. I think I read it was an abdominal infection that caused his death. An autopsy would provide details as to whether something had ruptured leading to peritonitis. It depends on how many answers they got from labs and studies prior to his death. I can see that the parents would agree to an autopsy if a caring physician explained the advantages.

I am going to be really honest and say I could totally understand if they said no. I can't even fathom being in a situation like that, and I can totally understand why they wouldn't want something like that to happen to their baby's body. I can't even talk about it without getting upset...it's just unthinkable.

Exactly.

I also hope the baby stays healthy.

Am I the only one who thought she was the woman who married Draco Malfoy?

I am going to be really honest and say I could totally understand if they said no. I can't even fathom being in a situation like that, and I can totally understand why they wouldn't want something like that to happen to their baby's body. I can't even talk about it without getting upset...it's just unthinkable.

Really? I'd want as many answers as possible. I'd want to know that there was nothing I could have done to have saved my child's life. I don't understand why somebody would fight against an autopsy.

Really? I'd want as many answers as possible. I'd want to know that there was nothing I could have done to have saved my child's life. I don't understand why somebody would fight against an autopsy.

I was under the impression that they had the answers. If that's the case I can totally see them not wanting his body put through such an invasive procedure.

I agree completely. And the thought of losing 3 children kills me. I honestly hope this new baby has a long and healthy life.

Archived