IGNORED

Oh smuggar, you and sweet tea

xReems

Smuggar is a pussy and was probably milking it so he could get a few extra "oh poor baby's" from the wifey. I am in week 12 after jaw surgery (they broke my jaw, moved the top forward 10 mm and the bottom 10 mm - sleep apnea), I had my surgery on a Tuesday and had my son and dog back on Saturday. I was supposed to have someone take care of me for 2 weeks, but it just doesn't work that way in the real world.

By the way, I've joined a couple of jaw surgery forums, and the thing the girls were wearing around their heads is commonly referred to as a "jaw bra" lol.... its really handy to ice yourself down with so you don't have to hold it up to your face all the time, but the name is absolutely defrauding!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. What part of no eating or drinking before the surgery did Josh not get? Even if you never had an operation before, the dentist/oral surgeon would have told him that. Michelle definitely should have known. Oy vey :snooty:

Josh is a grown man. He shouldn't be dependent on his little sis to tell him what to do. He should be capable of talking to the dentist directly.

Seriously. Whatever happened to "leave and cleave"?

I was out of work for a week after having my wisdom teeth removed- I had a bad reaction to the anesthesia, and the surgery was apparently more complicated than they expect- so I can't fault Josh for being off work for a while. I was in agony for days after the wisdom teeth removal.

That said- if he really claimed he didn't know you can't eat or drink before going under, he's a complete moron. Smuggar is just awful, I would love to run into him and Anna and give him a piece of my mind. What a entitled little prince he (thinks he) is.

In Joseph's case, he's a minor, Michelle was responsible for him and she clearly knew the ropes. So I think the "oops, I drank tea" story could well have been a ploy to avoid being filmed unconscious and drooling during oral surgery. If so, it worked.

I know at 16 I would have vehemently protested such an invasion of privacy. But these kids don't have any rights, and it's clear JimBoob very much wanted the crew to get all four surgeries filmed that day, even if it caused one or both of his sons to aspirate during the procedure.

I also couldn't believe how stupid Boob was to think he could bribe the doctor or ask if it was ok for the extractions to go through. I bet the doctor did worry when Boob was putting him on the spot with the cameras around.

It's not just putting the doctor on the spot - he was willing to risk his sons' lives because it would be an inconvenience to have to come back.

Jimboob - Father of the year: Don't worry doc, I have 17 or 18 more kids at home. Don't really need these 2 particularly.

Guest LilaFowler

Anyone think Anna should have been getting dental work as well? Her teeth look pretty wonky. And kind of brown.

One thing that really bothered me about Smuggar during this episode- The HUMMER. Way to show that you care about the environment Smuggar! Oh wait, that's right... you don't! It just really pissed me off when he rolls up to the dentist's office in a Hummer. Besides sabotaging his surgery, Smuggar is a real pompous ass with just about anything and everything.

Oh no, don't you know Anna's defense to that?! Her babies wear cloth diapers so she's saving the environment...even though they drive a hummer, uses paper plates and cups, uses paper plates to chop stuff, etc etc, but the cloth diapers definitely make a HUGE difference.

Smuggar is a pussy and was probably milking it so he could get a few extra "oh poor baby's" from the wifey. I am in week 12 after jaw surgery (they broke my jaw, moved the top forward 10 mm and the bottom 10 mm - sleep apnea), I had my surgery on a Tuesday and had my son and dog back on Saturday. I was supposed to have someone take care of me for 2 weeks, but it just doesn't work that way in the real world.

By the way, I've joined a couple of jaw surgery forums, and the thing the girls were wearing around their heads is commonly referred to as a "jaw bra" lol.... its really handy to ice yourself down with so you don't have to hold it up to your face all the time, but the name is absolutely defrauding!

I agree with you on Smuggar being a pussy. A friend of mine also jaw surgery last winter to correct an underbite and it was a long recovery but he managed ok and I hope you recover ok.

While I have no doubt that Smuggar is a pussy, I have to say that every wisdom tooth extraction experience is different.

I had mine out at 17, 5 days before starting a summer job. I had a local anesthetic, so I could eat before the procedure, but they also gave me some sort of happy pills, and I was flying. My teeth were impacted, and though I couldn't feel anything, I do remember the dentist using a small hammer and chisel to break the teeth so he could extract them. I swelled up like a chipmunk, and had pretty badly brusied cheeks afterwards. I really did need that time to recover, and still needed to take my prescription pain meds halfway through the first day of work.

It's not just putting the doctor on the spot - he was willing to risk his sons' lives because it would be an inconvenience to have to come back.

Jimboob - Father of the year: Don't worry doc, I have 17 or 18 more kids at home. Don't really need these 2 particularly.

But God loves the Duggars more than ordinary people, so he would protect them no matter what. They're so righteous that they are nearly invincible.

Oh no, don't you know Anna's defense to that?! Her babies wear cloth diapers so she's saving the environment...even though they drive a hummer, uses paper plates and cups, uses paper plates to chop stuff, etc etc, but the cloth diapers definitely make a HUGE difference.

Okay, I have a beef with this. I cloth diaper most of the time and it uses a lot of electricity to wash and dry them. So I think it is a wash as far as electricity goes. I do it because it is cheaper and it keeps them out of landfills. I doubt the energy savings is enough to justify a Hummer. That's a small family--why not drive an Accord or something?

I doubt the energy savings is enough to justify a Hummer. That's a small family--why not drive an Accord or something?

Because dumbass bought it at one of the those car auctions, and now he can't sell it! Not to mention I bet he feels special driving it around town.

But God loves the Duggars more than ordinary people, so he would protect them no matter what. They're so righteous that they are nearly invincible.

That would totally be Boob's line of thinking.

Eh, I don't feel bad about Anna using paper plates/cups. In her case, it's the only thing she can do to cut down her work. Josh wouldn't ever do dishes, the time he watched his child was called 'babysitting', so the paper plates are her only reprieve.

Ami

Does someone know what this episode was called? is it a new one? I missed it so wanna see if i can find it online :)

All I can say is, shame on Michelle and Jim Bob, if Josh was really that ignorant to realize instructions for medical procedures are just slightly important (especially the no eating part, hell I knew that at 5!!) then they really have failed him. What god awful parents. I would really hope that some crazd followers would see the light after these incidents but i guess chances are slim.

Does someone know what this episode was called? is it a new one? I missed it so wanna see if i can find it online :)

All I can say is, shame on Michelle and Jim Bob, if Josh was really that ignorant to realize instructions for medical procedures are just slightly important (especially the no eating part, hell I knew that at 5!!) then they really have failed him. What god awful parents. I would really hope that some crazd followers would see the light after these incidents but i guess chances are slim.

I think the title was "Duggars Visit The Dentist" or something like that.

I'd like to see a crossover between extreme couponing and the duggars.

See...the Duggars are the kind of people for whom extreme couponing would be made for.

1. They have 20 people to feed, so they actually need a lot of food, and they have a dedicated space in the tinker toy house to store it all. They wouldn't have ridiculous stockpiles of stuff that they'll never go through taking up too much space.

2. They don't care overly much about buying fresh, buying local or nutrition in general. The couldn't complain that there aren't enough coupons for "healthy" things because it wouldn't be any different than what they buy already. They don't have anyone in the family (outside of Josie) who has special dietary restrictions to worry about.

3. They wouldn't have to put as much time into the process because there are so many of them. With that many hands to clip and match coupons/sales, they could just spend a couple hours a week and do well. It could even be a homeschool project of sorts...I think they'd learn at least as much from couponing as they do from their typical "field trips".

4. It doesn't so much matter anymore, but back when they were really counting their pennies, couponing could save them a ton of money. I remember their shopping trips from early specials costing $800-$1000 each, when they could spend half that or less if they actually picked up some extreme couponing tricks. Plus they could potentially get some better quality food in the process.

Anna talked about their HUMMER before. She said she had always really wanted one, so Josh got one at auction for her. It wasn't until later that she realized how much it would cost to fill up and maintain one, and how pointless it is for one small family. So the car is for sale AFAIK, but..duh...no one's buying a HUMMER in this economy.

See...the Duggars are the kind of people for whom extreme couponing would be made for.

1. They have 20 people to feed, so they actually need a lot of food, and they have a dedicated space in the tinker toy house to store it all. They wouldn't have ridiculous stockpiles of stuff that they'll never go through taking up too much space.

2. They don't care overly much about buying fresh, buying local or nutrition in general. The couldn't complain that there aren't enough coupons for "healthy" things because it wouldn't be any different than what they buy already. They don't have anyone in the family (outside of Josie) who has special dietary restrictions to worry about.

3. They wouldn't have to put as much time into the process because there are so many of them. With that many hands to clip and match coupons/sales, they could just spend a couple hours a week and do well. It could even be a homeschool project of sorts...I think they'd learn at least as much from couponing as they do from their typical "field trips".

4. It doesn't so much matter anymore, but back when they were really counting their pennies, couponing could save them a ton of money. I remember their shopping trips from early specials costing $800-$1000 each, when they could spend half that or less if they actually picked up some extreme couponing tricks. Plus they could potentially get some better quality food in the process.

Anna talked about their HUMMER before. She said she had always really wanted one, so Josh got one at auction for her. It wasn't until later that she realized how much it would cost to fill up and maintain one, and how pointless it is for one small family. So the car is for sale AFAIK, but..duh...no one's buying a HUMMER in this economy.

Not surprised that Anna didn't her research on Hummers.

Eh, I don't fault Anna too much. There's a learning curve with cars, maintenance, bills, etc etc - and most people get to learn that stuff gradually, not all at once with a baby (and now two babies) to care for.

Also, it's totally possible that she never thought she'd get one, so she never bothered to do the research. I think Ford Shelby Cobras are the bee's knees, but since I'll never own one, I've never researched gas mileage, insurance rates, etc. Maybe Josh got it to surprise her, you know?

Did you notice Michelle not shopping at Aldis? She bought name brand sour cream and Yoplait yogurt and Vlasik pickles. Next thing you know in goes the cement pond!

Because dumbass bought it at one of the those car auctions, and now he can't sell it! Not to mention I bet he feels special driving it around town.

Even worse, it was a DIFFERENT Hummer. The one they rolled up in on last night's episode was silver/gray; the old one was black.

So not only are they not helping the environment in this area; they're perpetuating a lame southern redneck stereotype.

Does Smuggar do no research at all? He bought TWO Hummers, which just aren't selling these days. Even if someone was in the market for a used Hummer, they would most likely go to a dealer, or a place like CarMax, where they would get some sort of limited warranty. We also saw him buying some large multiple passenger vans. Is there that much demand for these vehicles? Does he not realize that most families don't have 19 kids?

I just don't get it. Does he really think that customers will flock to his little lot just because he's on tv? Honestly, the footage we have seen of his business does not inspire much confidence. We've seen kids jumping all over the cars, a car that didn't start, and the inventory being driven all over town by various Duggars.

I guess he thinks that writing Bible verses on the windshields will generate business. He's lucky that the car lot is not his sole means of support.

I pity him when the TLC gravy train ends and Boob is holding out his hand for rent on the commercial (not to mention Grandma for whatever he pays her for living on her property).

He has the cleaving part down; he's a horndog like his pappy, but is the Hotel California? He's checked out but can never leave. :mrgreen:

Archived