IGNORED

Oh smuggar, you and sweet tea

xReems

REALLY? I had my wisdom teeth pulled out and I definitely remember my orthodontist telling me what I could and could not have prior to my surgery; they even gave me a paper so I wouldn't forget. Honestly, Josh, you're so arrogant and refuse to follow rules. Anna looked pretty annoyed with it. Can't blame her.

And this is the dude who wants to become a lawyer? He's the last person I'd contact cos I'm sure he'd come to court late. Judge says "8:00am" and he'll think "8:00ish, Smuggar's time" and using the excuse "Oh, I didn't mean to do it. I didn't know and didn't have a paper".

Idiot.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't put out for my wisdom teeth but I have had a few surgeries and I got a memo in the mail about a week prior telling me I could only have water or apple juice 24 hours before and absolutely no food or other liquids. I don't really see what's unclear about that UNLESS YOU'RE SMUG.

Poor John-David, no one seems to care about his teeth. He's cute, but braces would make him hot.

I was put out when I had my wisdom teeth removed, and I remember not only being told that I couldn't eat any food after a certain point, and that I could only drink water, but those instructions were given on a paper for me to take home so I wouldn't forget.

It seems like Smuggar is one of those who thinks the rules don't apply to him.

They (especially Josh) are all old enough to be responsible for knowing what's happening with their own health. There's no reason they should be relying solely on others for the information. But it shouldn't surprise me given how the men in the family are constantly being babied by the women.

Also I feel so bad for Anna having to deal with that. Michelle said she'd made preparations for taking care of Josh after, not to mention the waste of the dentist's appointment slots. Ugh.

I seriously don't know how Anna can put up with him. He seriously thinks rules doesn't apply to him and can get away with it. He's 23 years old, with a wife, two children, and running a car lot; be responsible. You shouldn't need your wife to check over the paper to make sure you're following what you can't and can have.

If my boyfriend was like Smuggar, I would have killed him by now.

It seems Joseph and Josh really did not know-Jessa said they got the information and forgot to pass it on.

Josh is a grown man. He shouldn't be dependent on his little sis to tell him what to do. He should be capable of talking to the dentist directly.

ok, a couple of things. first, josh's arrogance is getting more and more obvious. if he seriously can't bother with reading important instructions, i say let his teeth become worse and maybe he will get the idea. second, i cannot believe jimboob trying to basically bribe the doctor into doing the surgery anyway. um, hello? a doctor is not going to go against protocol - not even for you, you speshul snowflake - because they could get into big trouble. especially while they are being filmed! srsly, wtf?

Eh,lots of people do it.Who can say they have always done exactly what the doc told them to do in every case.Sometimes i think the Josh hatred is just a little unfair but whatever.

It seems Joseph and Josh really did not know-Jessa said they got the information and forgot to pass it on.

I interpreted the comment by the girls to mean Josh - a grown man living with his own family in his own home - probably blamed his younger sisters for his failure to take responsibility for his surgery.

I dislike him more each time I see his sm-ugly face.

Everything Smuggar does from this point on is subject to my scorn -- even the smallest thing -- ever since he went to sleep while Anna was in labor. And not while she was starting labor, or even part way through, but at the very end.

He's a moron. EVERYONE knows you cant eat/drink before anesthesia. Even a homeskooled tool like smuggar. He just didnt WANT to follow the rules, so he was making his own version of them. I'm sure Anna saw him do it and couldnt speak up to stop his dumb ass.

ok, a couple of things. first, josh's arrogance is getting more and more obvious. if he seriously can't bother with reading important instructions, i say let his teeth become worse and maybe he will get the idea. second, i cannot believe jimboob trying to basically bribe the doctor into doing the surgery anyway. um, hello? a doctor is not going to go against protocol - not even for you, you speshul snowflake - because they could get into big trouble. especially while they are being filmed! srsly, wtf?

But HE has NINETEEN KIDS!

He could eat or drink before anesthesia.

If he likes vomiting.

Guest Anonymous
Eh,lots of people do it.Who can say they have always done exactly what the doc told them to do in every case.Sometimes i think the Josh hatred is just a little unfair but whatever.

I agree.

I didn't see the episode (Teen Mom night), but it sounds like Josh drank sweet tea before having general anesthesia? I didn't even know people still did general for wisdom teeth...I did, but it was because I was having some more in depth work done at the same time. If one of the girls called and set it all up at once and didn't pass on the info, I could see assuming that he would just get gas or shots.

When it comes to surgery I do, for myself and my children. I have vomited during an emergancy surgery before as a teen and I got to spend 3 weeks in ICU for it. So there are people out there who do know not to be dumb enough to take any risks.

I'm not calling you dumb but Smuggar Jr.

Josh can't handle the slightest inconvenience. The world revolves around him and the laws of biology should change so that he doesn't have to have a minor change in his routine. He's the perfect Patriarch.

Josh (and Joseph) have no excuse.... because Jana and Jills wisdom teeth experience has been recorded on film.... I'm sure the no eating or drinking was well discussed for that. I'm also sure that Michelle has had enough general anesthesia that the topic was well discussed there also.

Josh and Joseph were thirsty and being told that their rule is law, they thought their wants came first. Jim Bob even tried to get the dentist to go against accepted medical practice. So annoying

I also couldn't believe how stupid Boob was to think he could bribe the doctor or ask if it was ok for the extractions to go through. I bet the doctor did worry when Boob was putting him on the spot with the cameras around.

Another post of mine from earlier got et.

First off, any ADULT who is having elective surgery will be given a written list of do's and don'ts before their procedure. Boob, Jessa and Smuggar would all have received this list. Sure Jessa kept hers and since Boob is pretty much, a parent in sperm-donating only, I suppose Jessa was also responsible for telling Joseph (she sees Jinger all the time, so no problems there).

Smuggar? He's a grown fucking "adult." I know these fundies are all about being "manly men" (LOLDOUG!), but their negligence and cavalier attitude about just about EVERYTHING is insane. Jeebus is spending OT looking over this brood, since Jill and Jana can't be everywhere at once. They've been incredibly lucky, especially since they've started taking Josie on that nasty bus, but they have to be running out of lives by this point. All these kids and just one broken arm and one minor birth defect (both Josiah) before Josie?

As for Smuggar being out of it for 3-5 days, I can believe that lazy SOB would take off the rest of the work week and didn't go back to work until the following Monday after his Wednesday surgery. Jinger had his ass nailed to the wall; as any of us know, you're totally out of it for a day, woozy for another, a bit out of it the next day, depending on how many Vicodin you're popping, but good to go the 3rd day after surgery. IOW, Smuggar could have returned to work the following Satruday.

I'm just glad they did this last winter/early spring (trees were still bare in their front yard) so Anna only had two babies to take care of instead of 3.

One thing that really bothered me about Smuggar during this episode- The HUMMER. Way to show that you care about the environment Smuggar! Oh wait, that's right... you don't! It just really pissed me off when he rolls up to the dentist's office in a Hummer. Besides sabotaging his surgery, Smuggar is a real pompous ass with just about anything and everything.

When I had all mine out, I only had local anesthesia and so could eat and drink. I was drinking in the waiting room. Got the numbing shots and 7 minutes later (I timed it) they were all out. For a lot of wisdom teeth extractions, there's no reason to go under general anesthesia.

Archived