IGNORED

Baby Joshua

HoneyBunny

The wrap/carrier that baby Joshua is in is a Moby wrap invented and made in Chico, CA.

Thanks, I was trying to think of the name but all that came to mind was mei tei :doh:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem. I was wearing one a few weeks ago to make it easier to walk and quiet a fussy baby. :)

No problem. I was wearing one a few weeks ago to make it easier to walk and quiet a fussy baby. :)

With the Moby wrap, I sense a quiet determination in NR Anna. She's no dummy.

I have a wrap like that but it's a peek-a-baby. Love it :)

On the topic of Anna and Christopher going off to be cruncy homestedder TEOTWAWKI types, can you see Christopher digging in dirt and farming and milking a cow? I really can't. If they lived in the real world I could see him as a metro kind of guy. Unlike his younger brothers who seem to like mechanics and house painting etc, I bet given the chance Christopher would be more arty. Can't see him shitting in an outhouse either.

This is just my opinion and pure speculation but I think that if Christopher were brought up in secular culture, he would be gay. I get no feelings of mutual attraction between Christopher and Anna. I know they live in a restrictive culture where sexuality is repressed, but I still don't think Christopher would be attracted to Anna outside of Fundyland. Just a thought.

The poor elderly. Trapped in Maxwell land every Sunday. It's got to be like a nightmare.

Why can't they refer to the residents of the nursing home as...residents? Or, since they say it's church, 'church members'/congregants?

Thanks to the Maxwells, I refuse to use the word elderly or see it as anything other than what they make it - sort of derogatory.

This is just my opinion and pure speculation but I think that if Christopher were brought up in secular culture, he would be gay. I get no feelings of mutual attraction between Christopher and Anna. I know they live in a restrictive culture where sexuality is repressed, but I still don't think Christopher would be attracted to Anna outside of Fundyland. Just a thought.

I agree, he does ping my gaydar more than his brothers. I don't know what it is about him but yeah, totally. Poor Christopher.

The poor elderly. Trapped in Maxwell land every Sunday. It's got to be like a nightmare.

Why can't they refer to the residents of the nursing home as...residents? Or, since they say it's church, 'church members'/congregants?

Thanks to the Maxwells, I refuse to use the word elderly or see it as anything other than what they make it - sort of derogatory.

"Elderly" was only surpassed by "diligent" in the Moody book I read earlier this week. :snooty:

"Elderly" was only surpassed by "diligent" in the Moody book I read earlier this week. :snooty:

How did you happen to be reading a Moody book, marmalade?

I have a wrap like that but it's a peek-a-baby. Love it :)

On the topic of Anna and Christopher going off to be cruncy homestedder TEOTWAWKI types, can you see Christopher digging in dirt and farming and milking a cow? I really can't. If they lived in the real world I could see him as a metro kind of guy. Unlike his younger brothers who seem to like mechanics and house painting etc, I bet given the chance Christopher would be more arty. Can't see him shitting in an outhouse either.

Ha, ha! No on all accounts. The pic of Poor Christopher cementing Joe's kitchen floor looked like he was trying to ice a cake. No dirt under that boy's fingers, that's for shore.

It looks like baby Joshua made his first appearance at the Maxwell Old Folks Home Church last weekend! 

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/19/joshuas-first-sunday-at-church/

And I must say, motherhood suits NR Anna very well. She looks the prettiest I've ever seen her look and she seems to appear very content and happy. I was actually very surprised- but in a good way- that this was his first trip to church. I would have thought they would have him in church on his first Sunday of life like the rest of the non-Catholic fundies do.  I wonder how Steve the Great felt about that?

Sometimes I get the feeling that Christopher and NR Anna aren't as under-the-thumb of Steve-o as Nathan and Melanie. They seem much more independent. Anyone else think that or is that just wishful thinking? 

I just watched this (well, most of it).

That was a non-kiss kiss. Seriously, that was just non-existent.

Her dress was what it was. If the top had been better fitting it would have helped.

ETA: Steve stated in the comments of the post that Anna's family visited not long after Joshua was born. But, as we all know, since they're not Maxwell's they don't count.

I am watching this and --Teri wore black and did not bother to brush her hair? Is this a wedding or a funeral? Hard to tell between the music and the sober ambience.

It looks like baby Joshua made his first appearance at the Maxwell Old Folks Home Church last weekend! 

titus2.com/blog/index.php/2012/07/19/joshuas-first-sunday-at-church/

And I must say, motherhood suits NR Anna very well. She looks the prettiest I've ever seen her look and she seems to appear very content and happy. I was actually very surprised- but in a good way- that this was his first trip to church. I would have thought they would have him in church on his first Sunday of life like the rest of the non-Catholic fundies do.  I wonder how Steve the Great felt about that?

Sometimes I get the feeling that Christopher and NR Anna aren't as under-the-thumb of Steve-o as Nathan and Melanie. They seem much more independent. Anyone else think that or is that just wishful thinking? 

They do seem to keep to themselves more than Nathan and Melanie do.

Uh, for me, this video doesn't play in full -- just the first 5 minutes. Is there a trick to it?

There should be a button to view it on Mixit or Mixer or something like that. No download necessary.

Oh, I think I got it. But it's playing for me rather stuttered (my very old computer).

I love that there is a guy in the third row of the brides side wearing a hoodie. LOL.

And boy, that John is so defrauding. He has no idea (or does he?) how cute he is.

Oh, I think I got it. But it's playing for me rather stuttered (my very old computer).

I love that there is a guy in the third row of the brides side wearing a hoodie. LOL.

And boy, that John is so defrauding. He has no idea (or does he?) how cute he is.

I noticed the hoodie also. Klassy.

Why didn't NRAnna wear the veil over her head and face? Also, my husband and I were amazed at how long everyone talked. And how often the talk centered on death and judgment. At one point the groom lists pretty much every sin of his life. :D

I just finished watching the whole thing. How boring! Very little of ceremony was about marriage. So much of it (after they were pronounced man and wife) was about dumb stories or moral code and sanctity. Poor Anna just kept looking at Christopher like he was some kind of saint. I honestly feel so sorry for her.

And, just to add, I actually watched the wedding on live streaming when it happened and did not remember most of this so it was refreshing to watch again. What a dreadful theme for what could have been a joyous occasion.

ETA: And I, too, wonder why no veil over the face. I'd love to know the fundie belief on that aspect of weddings.

I've never seen the wedding, but just started to watch it (skipping bits) and the first cringe moment is the first 'song' (it's a hymn Stevie :naughty:) with Nathan conducting the congregation looking a complete dick. He keeps glancing at the words! - if your conducting you should know the whole song!!

Archived