IGNORED

Baby Joshua

HoneyBunny

His first trip out was to meet the Elderly at church. Little does he know that this is as exciting as his life will get.

Crawl, Joshua, crawl! Or roll. Or something to get the hell away from there. (And take your mommy and cousins with you).

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Ah, Anna looks lovely with her hair more relaxed, and wearing those lovely colours.

Yes please, Sarah, we'd love a special post on the Elderly church service with the Elderly in the Elderly home!!! Please give us a run down on all the Elderly who attend. :lol:

Ooh, who is the girl with the brown curly hair in one of the photos? If she made the blog, she must be a *gasp* friend!

The brown curly hair girl has to be a friend. She is probably the daughter of a hardcore fundie family who occasionally goes to the nursing home with the Maxwells. I feel bad for baby Joshua he will probably never to get have a fun at a real church.

Anna's face looks thinner than I remember seeing it, even in her wedding pictures. She looks older to me.

Joshua looks like Christopher in the second photo.

I never thought NR-Anna looked pretty but those pics of her with the baby were wonderful shots. Poor Joshua, tending to the elderly will be the highlight of his social life from here on out. Is it too much to hope his parents will loosen up and escape the Maxwell craziness once Steve passes?

Imagine the highlight of your day at age 16 is Bible Time and then Visit the Elderly. Let me quickly state that there is nothing wrong with either of those! It's just if that's ALL??? No pepsi, no holding hands with a girl, wearing dorky-Dockers from birth. This kid is the next generation's personal Nerd poster boy! His Mom does look VERY HAPPY though! "Nananer ananner nananer I got a boy!!"

I think NR-Anna looks just lovely. And she does look thinner (but that's one of the benefits of nursing -- you burn a lot of calories in one day!). I like that her hair has taken a more relaxed look. She looks happy. Cute baby.

And yes, I think it's odd Sarah included a photo of that curly-haired girl at the elderly home. Can't wait for her post on who attends their church. Hmmmm.

I don't know if this was covered at some point or not, but is NR-Anna mennonite? She's always wearing her hair up in the same fashion mennonites do and she always appears to be in a homemade dress. Not that that's a problem or anything, I'm just curious. Mennonites generally marry mennonites.

Anna just looks like she lost the baby weight. I was very....round while pregnant. As soon as I had my so I started to thin back out. If she's nursing, I'm sure that's also contributing.

I don't know if this was covered at some point or not, but is NR-Anna mennonite? She's always wearing her hair up in the same fashion mennonites do and she always appears to be in a homemade dress. Not that that's a problem or anything, I'm just curious. Mennonites generally marry mennonites.

No, I'm pretty sure she's not Mennonite. She's just really crazy fundie. Have you seen her wedding dress? It's like a frumper wedding gown (didn't think it was possible!). I think it's just how she dresses.

I love how, in an earlier post, Sarah says "They look so different. You’ll see that especially when we share photos of the two of them side by side this weekend. Joshua is so boyish, and Christina is so girly."

The newborn babies look "girly" and "boyish" because you have them dressed in gender-typical clothes. Switch the clothes, and Joshua would seem girly and Christina would seem boyish.

Idiot.

I don't know NR-Anna, but I've always thought if she wasn't crazy fundy she'd be a crunchy granola type hippie.

She appears to love all things domestic, and seems to do them very well, right down to an uncomplicated pregnancy and home birth.

I think she was born to do the wife and mommy thing, with or without the religious crap.

I don't know NR-Anna, but I've always thought if she wasn't crazy fundy she'd be a crunchy granola type hippie.

She appears to love all things domestic, and seems to do them very well, right down to an uncomplicated pregnancy and home birth.

I think she was born to do the wife and mommy thing, with or without the religious crap.

I agree. Some women just are born to do that. Natural mothers. Sad thing is, the patriarchy shite forces ALL women into it, and for those that aren't natural mothers it can be soul destroying.

Cute babies are cute. No matter if they are male or female. :teasing-binkybaby: That early focus on gender attributes...oh, I can't even.

ETA: Riffles and I found the right thread for my OT. ;)

NRA(groan, I had to write it) looks great. Her hair is shiny and straight, she has to be using a product because her hair is always frizzy. (I am a curly girl myself, I notice non-frizzy hair)

There's quite a bit of overlap of fundie and crunchy among the "crunchy con" set and homesteaders, etc. It would be interesting if she and Christopher broke away from the family to become fundie homesteaders somewhere.

I think Anna looks quite nice in the pictures, and the baby so comfy there just all tightly snuggled right up to his Mom :D

Guest Anonymous
NRA(groan, I had to write it) looks great. Her hair is shiny and straight, she has to be using a product because her hair is always frizzy. (I am a curly girl myself, I notice non-frizzy hair)

I wonder if Mel took her under her wing while the Steve Maxwell household were off gallivanting round the country hunting down a wife for young Joe. I can just see the pair of them with a fridge full of cold beers and a basket of beauty products, feet up on the Maxwell recliners..... :mrgreen:

PIctures of the two babies are just downright cute. One baby smiles; the other cries, then they switch roles. Christopher showed...gulp...creativity. I've got an idea that Steve-o might not be as able to control these babies as we might think.

I was also struck by how pretty, happy, & natural Anna looks in those pics compared to the Wedding of Death extravaganza.

Joshua is absolutely adorable, I love that squishy newborn phase, especially all packed up in a mei tei. And I've always found Anna beautiful, and her obvious shyness and humility (overlooking the abusive environment that probably created it...) is very endearing.

I'm new to the Maxwells, does anyone have a link to their wedding? I remember the engagement but not the actual ceremony.

Hmm.. I am going to be in Kansas City over the winter and according to Families for Jesus Fellowship they would love to have me visit (http://www.titus2.com/ffj.html). Seriously contemplating this, I went to their conference but I am sure I will get even more face time at there real live elderly church.

A beer ad came up before the wedding video began. :lol:

The wrap/carrier that baby Joshua is in is a Moby wrap invented and made in Chico, CA.

Archived