IGNORED

Baby Joshua

HoneyBunny

Guest LilaFowler

Watching the wedding video, and one thing (or maybe the only thing) I like about the Maxwells is they give each other full hugs, not side hugs like the Duggars.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I'm pretty sure she's not Mennonite. She's just really crazy fundie. Have you seen her wedding dress? It's like a frumper wedding gown (didn't think it was possible!). I think it's just how she dresses.

I liked her wedding dress. It was so much better than some of the other modest monstrosities we have seen.

Guest Anonymous
The poor elderly. Trapped in Maxwell land every Sunday. It's got to be like a nightmare.

Why can't they refer to the residents of the nursing home as...residents? Or, since they say it's church, 'church members'/congregants?

Thanks to the Maxwells, I refuse to use the word elderly or see it as anything other than what they make it - sort of derogatory.

Because to the Maxwells, the "elderly" are not flesh-and-blood people, they're petting zoo inmates with the powers of speech.

Guest Anonymous

I liked her wedding dress. It was so much better than some of the other modest monstrosities we have seen.

I liked her wedding dress too. The only problem with all the dresses is that they were not properly adjusted for the girls with fuller busts. I guess they would find it too defrauding to take the three chest measurements needed in order to do the proper fitting calculations. Mary seems to be very talented as a seamstress, it is a shame she won't be able to learn proper fitting skills for adults any time soon.

Guest Anonymous

Because to the Maxwells, the "elderly" are not flesh-and-blood people, they're petting zoo inmates with the powers of speech.

They have to be othered by the generic term 'elderly' because if older adults are real people, with individual personalities and feelings, then that means that Steve and his adult children are great big callous fucks for failing to visit Grandma in the nursing home more than once or twice a year.

Guest Anonymous

They have to be othered by the generic term 'elderly' because if older adults are real people, with individual personalities and feelings, then that means that Steve and his adult children are great big callous fucks for failing to visit Grandma in the nursing home more than once or twice a year.

So they'd rather go to nursing homes and bother total strangers who lack either the locomotion or the physical strength to either escape them, or order them from their rooms.

I believe NR-Anna made her wedding dress herself. I don't have an opinion on whether or not it was pretty because it was, afterall, FUNDIE. But it was certainly ill-fitting in the bodice and I don't understand why no one had it professionally altered for her. It looks like a kitchen trash bag up around the neckline.

I think she was going for a pleated neckline. Like this, but with smaller pleats.

IMG_2739.JPG

I thought the wedding dress was ill-fitting and kinda ugly at first. But then I was watching it more, and it is a very simple and pretty design. It just needed a fitting, and she needed a better bra. The girls were flattened and low; maybe she was trying to tie them down and not look as defrauding?

My husband watched part of the wedding with me and said he would have left. It just went too long and guilt-trippy, and he pointed out that people like that will not be having open bar at the reception. As we say in my household, "Goodbye thing, you sing too long."

You should have heard me trying to explain while I was watching a stranger's wedding. He knows I watch some weird stuff while studying, but this goes beyond the weirdness of my normal fare. But he is a sucker for a wedding so he sat down and watched a bit with me... until he started falling asleep. It was fun to see the Maxwells through fresh eyes. Why are the mothers of the bride and groom wearing dark sacks? Why are they talking about death? He is of Italian ancestry and most of you know what those weddings are like, the precise opposite of Maxwell weddings.

I wonder how many people in that church were also nodding off a bit.

As to the veil, that's quite a common style the last few years. Many, maybe even most, brides in our area go for the veil on a comb that is stuck in an updo and never meant to be over the face. In fact, no veil is becoming very popular.

I'm watching the wedding video. I think Anna's dress is ok looking. The bridesmaids dresses are hideous.

Does anyone else think NR Anna looks older than 25/26? I had to laugh when NR Anna thanked her parents for sheltering her.

I wonder if she didn't do the veil over because she was going to be speaking? It would have been awkward (cause heaven knows this thing wasn't awkward enough) to have to do all that thanking with the veil over her face.

Guest Anonymous
I wonder if she didn't do the veil over because she was going to be speaking? It would have been awkward (cause heaven knows this thing wasn't awkward enough) to have to do all that thanking with the veil over her face.

I think the Maxwells have said somewhere that they don't cover their hair because they believe that long hair is the 'covering' required by scripture.

Archived