IGNORED

United Bates of America {merged}

Lillian

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where I live there is a large population of Hungarian Americans and lots of Z names.

What I don't get are all the h's at the end of names--or using quasi Hebrew spellings with h's, like Rebekah instead of Rebecca.Seems like they think an h at the end of the name makes the family look more biblical or holy.

Can't really blame the Duggars for naming their child Jackson - the families did not associate with one another when he was born. Now, Josie and Jubilee were copies of the Bateses but let's face it, the Duggars have limited themselves when they chose to use all "J" names. Too bad they didn't choose "Z"; they'd have much fewer children now... or we'd have a whole lot of "Jinger-type" Z names.

Zarah, Zamuel, Ztacy, now I want this to be a game. Maybe one of the lost boys will get stuck with Z after all the other siblings take all the good letters for their kids.

Zarah, Zamuel, Ztacy, now I want this to be a game. Maybe one of the lost boys will get stuck with Z after all the other siblings take all the good letters for their kids.

Start with Z names that fundies would actually pick: Zachiariah, Zebediah, Zaccheus, Zorah, Zion, Zoe, Zarah, Zane (good cowboy name for a Bates-like family).

Now change some S names into Z names. Zimon, Zandra, Zelina, Zabrina, Zamuel, Zantana, Zalvadore, Zidney, Zuzan, Zage, Zteve.

And of course, Zinger!

I'll take your Zarah, Zamuel, Ztacy, Zolomon and raise you Zeke, Zachary, Zachariah, Zoltor, Zion (keep copying the Bates), Zulia

I'll take your Zarah, Zamuel, Ztacy, Zolomon and raise you Zeke, Zachary, Zachariah, Zoltor, Zion (keep copying the Bates), Zulia

Some fundie family would totally have twins and name them Zachary and Zachariah.

You forgot Zarathustra. Also, I googled and there are a lot of demon names starting with Z. Yikes, now I am freaked out.

Start with Z names that fundies would actually pick: Zachiariah, Zebediah, Zaccheus, Zorah, Zion, Zoe, Zarah, Zane (good cowboy name for a Bates-like family).

Now change some S names into Z names. Zimon, Zandra, Zelina, Zabrina, Zamuel, Zantana, Zalvadore, Zidney, Zuzan, Zage, Zteve.

And of course, Zinger!

Ha! A relative of mine has one of those S -> Z names. She's in her 60s, parents weren't fundy, it's just...unique.

Some fundie family would totally have twins and name them Zachary and Zachariah.

I have a joke about identical triplet girls and naming them Kersten, Kirsten, Kristen. I can totally see someone doing that, too.

I hate to say this, but I'm starting to really like Zulia for a name. I've always liked unique names.

An article: http://www.examiner.com/article/tlc-int ... ly-tv-show

1342730453_7991_bates.jpg

TLC introduces another supersized family Aug. 13 when it airs the premier episode of "United Bates of America," the network announced.

The series will follow Gil and Kelly Jo Bates and their large brood of 19 children, ranging in age from six months to 23 years old.

Audiences will recognize the Bates family from several episodes of the series "19 Kids and Counting," because they are close friends of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar's clan.

"Each 30-minute episode of 'United Bates of America' explores a new adventure with the Bates family as they manage everyday life in the hills of Tennessee-and the inevitable chaos that ensues with 10 girls and 9 boys running around under one roof."

The eight-part series begins with newborn Jeb's emotional homecoming from the hospital and the adjustment of adding another child to the family.

The children also plan their annual Valentine's "I Love You Day" gift exchange.

Over the course of the season, Kelly Jo and Gil will share their love of music and family values, from homeschooling their children to goofing off while building chicken coops and whitewater rafting.

Second-oldest daughter Erin heads off to college for the first time to continue her education beyond her many years of homeschooling and the gang goes to hang out with the Duggars at the biggest social event of the year - the annual ATI homeschooling conference.

The 21 family members of the cast are:

Gil: 47, father and owns the family tree excavation business.

Kelly Jo: 45, mother and homemaker extraordinaire who loves to cook.

Zach: 23, oldest brother and recently elected youngest county commissioner in Tennessee.

Michaella: 22, oldest sister, licensed EMT and nanny.

Erin: 21, first child to attend college, studying music and teaches piano.

Lawson: 19, "official" family shopper, runs his own lawn-mowing business.

Nathan: 18, and dad's right hand man in the tree-cutting business.

Alyssa: 17, and spends time on mission trips most recently in Peru with Erin and Tori.

Tori: 16, and plays violin alongside Erin in performances.

Trace: 16, ready to play ping-pong, football or any other sport with his brothers.

Carlin: 14, wows the family with her singing as she does laundry and irons.

Josie: 12, and loves to read mystery novels.

Katie: 11, Kelly Jo's helper with the little kids either brushing hair or tying shoelaces.

Jackson: 10, and causing mischief with his two younger brothers.

Warden: 9, and always willing to lend a hand to his older sisters no matter the task.

Isaiah: 7, and a great future catch with the way he compliments all his sisters.

Addallee: 6, and loves spending time jumping on their trampolines.

Ellie: 5, and likes to swing on their outdoor homemade swings.

Callie: 2, lights up the room with her smile and laugh.

Judson: 20 months, and ready to hand over the spotlight to Jeb.

Jeb: 6 months, and a little trooper despite his medical complications.

Erin heads off to college for the first time?? What is this the Wayback Machine?? She's been there for, what, two years now??

Erin heads off to college for the first time?? What is this the Wayback Machine?? She's been there for, what, two years now??

Maybe they're letting her go away to a real college! I mean, one could hope, right? ...right? :?

Kelly Jo: 45, mother and homemaker extraordinaire who loves to cook.

Yeah, right. I've never seen Kelly lift a finger to do any housework or cooking. She is good at delegating chores, though.

I have a feeling Kelly does more around the house than Michelle. That doesn't really say much, but she does appear to be more hands-on. I am sure they will show staged bits on their show of her in the kitchen and homeschooling her kids to show the evil public where a "real" woman shoud be.

Jeb: 6 months, and a little trooper despite his medical complications.

I'm very curious. If the baby does have Down syndrome, I can see the Bateses keeping it a secret until their televised famewhoring show begins, although I also wonder why they wouldn't brag about not aborting like the Palins do.

If Gil and Kelly had a Down's baby, I doubt they would know until after birth. Their only concern is with maintaining a pregnancy. I would be surprised if they get any diagnostic tests done on the fetus once the progesterone does its work.

Those tests are optional and somewhat expensive. I'm not sure the free clinic would provide or cover them. The equipment for some of them is available only in hospitals in some areas. If their free doctor is as conservative as he seems, he may not encourage the testing either.

If Gil and Kelly had a Down's baby, I doubt they would know until after birth. Their only concern is with maintaining a pregnancy. I would be surprised if they get any diagnostic tests done on the fetus once the progesterone does its work.

I don't think they would have an amniocentesis, but they do get ultrasounds. In one of my favorite books, Choosing Naia, the expectant parents first learned of the possibility of DS from a routine ultrasound.

Another article, if anyone is interested: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... -show.html

article-2176564-14254296000005DC-165_634x332.jpg

It was only a matter of time before a family as big as the Bates was given their own reality series.

Bearing 19 children, making them one of the largest families in the U.S., the Bates, from Lake City, Tennessee, are the stars of a new TLC series titled United Bates Of America.

The giant clan are the best friends of the famous Duggar family who boast 19 children of their own.

The eight-part series began filming right after Kelly Bates, the family's 45-year-old mother, gave birth to baby number 19, Jeb Colton.

The Bates' children range in age from six months to 23, 18 of whom were seen in the TLC special Baby Makes 19 when it screened in March.

The network said in a press statement that each 30-minute episode of the new series will focus on 'a new adventure with the Bates family as they manage everyday life... and the inevitable chaos that ensues with 10 girls and 9 boys running around under one roof'.

It will premiere on the network on August 13.

In a teaser clip from the series, the family are seen welcoming Jeb into the family home.

One of the young girls tells the camera: 'When Jeb got home, it was just like a family reunion'.

article-2176564-14254530000005DC-586_634x373.jpg

article-2176564-14254723000005DC-132_634x554.jpg

One of the smallest, and most adorable, children exclaims: 'He's so tiny!'

The clip also shows how important Valentine's Day is to the family, who are seen treated to a special dinner with waiter service.

Jeb was in fact due on Valentine's Day however he was born premature.

The rest of the series will explore Kelly and her husband Gil's family values and love of music as well as their homeschooling and children's chicken coop-building and whitewater rafting activities.

Kelly had been taking hormones to help her hold Jeb in her belly after suffering three miscarriages in the past.

The mother has had no twins, no C-sections and 14 drug-free births and has spent more of her adult life pregnant than not.

But, even with the unimaginable logistics of raising a family that could field two sports teams, the prospect of another baby was an answer to the family's prayers.

Kelly told ABC News' Nightline last August: 'It feels more normal to me to be pregnant than not be pregnant. I'm happy holding a baby.'

Lots of interesting comments on the article, too :-)

I HATE the matchy-matchy, especially when they're not all of them dressed matchy-matchy. Either do it or don't.

Well, since the only ones that are matchy-matchy are the girls from Josie on down, I would say that the younger girls are matchy-matchy because they want to be and the older girls don't want to be. That doesn't mean that the pictures isn't visually...odd...due to the half matchy-matchy half not, but maybe they at least gave their children a choice, which, however small, is better than no choice at all.

Well, since the only ones that are matchy-matchy are the girls from Josie on down, I would say that the younger girls are matchy-matchy because they want to be and the older girls don't want to be. That doesn't mean that the pictures isn't visually...odd...due to the half matchy-matchy half not, but maybe they at least gave their children a choice, which, however small, is better than no choice at all.

My cynical take on the half-matching is that it follows the typical fundie line of "always be a attractive example on the surface so people will want to convert to get what you have". The early Duggar all-matching thing wouldn't work as most people would be creeped out to see all the females (from adult mother to adult daughters to teen and preteen daughters to toddler and infant daughters) wearing the exact same thing (not to mention that the ones most likely to be attracted to this lifestyle -women- rarely want to wear the same prairie dress frumper as their infants) However, by getting just the littlest girls to match, it'll make gullible people go "Aw, how adorable. My kids wouldn't dress alike like that. I wish I had what they have". These are the same people who fall for the "they're so well behaved!" line without realizing fundies accomplish it by abusing their children.

Archived