IGNORED

Least Favourite Duggar Episode?

xDreamerx

1 minute ago, singsingsing said:

Michelle practically crying as she explained to the cameras why she needed her knees blurred out made me roll my eyes so hard. I was honestly disgusted. I just thought, "Get a grip, lady. You have no problem giving birth on camera. You joke about your sex life all the time. You're cool with exploiting your minor children for profit - they have no choice, whether they want to be on camera or not, you've decided that for them. But God forbid we see your knees?" Ugh.

Don't forget the time way after kneegate where Jimbo was humping Mullet on their date with Bessa. "You can't do this yet." WTF? Talk about modesty!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single episode has a wtf moment.  So gross, plus Trump is in office, their plan seems to be working.  I could just cry.  As a Canadian I have always loved America. I have many American cousins..  Things will get better as good sensible people will rise up,

forgive my heartfelt little rant

I haven't watched in a while but

Any dentist episode

The one where Michelle flipped her shit over Ben and Jessa holding hands to pray at the table when they were already engaged.

When they met queen Dolly Parton and none of the kids knew who she was and just failed to appreciate her majesty.

When Derick met Jill and JB pushed Derick aside when he put his arm round Jill. I think that was the beginning of the Kool Aid chugging for Derick.

Those 'mission trips' episodes, plus when they travelled out of their comfort zone. Did the producers make them look dumb as rock on purpose?

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

The one where they wheel GP Duggar around in the chair!

That was horrible. Everytime I think of that it bothers me so much.

Any episode where JB forces a screaming/criying child (almost always a girl) to do something that scares the crap out of them.  Jennifer in particular received a lot of this treatment.  Includes the older girls donating blood when we know that Jill was phobic of needles.  

I hate the ones when Josie is in the hospital.  I felt so bad for Jordyn and Jennifer, who were still just little babies.  I also hate how much they are relying on science to save Josie's life, yet reject science when it contradicts their literal view of the Bible. I don't remember the episode, but I also hate when JB tries to explain why fossils aren't as old as archaeologists claim.  Something ala "they date the fossils by the age of the rock around them--then date the rock by the age of the fossils.  Aren't scientist dumb?"

Oh Dear Rufus, this thread is making me remember how much I despise these fundamentalist religions--and why I found my way to FJ in the first place.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, artdecades said:

When they met queen Dolly Parton and none of the kids knew who she was and just failed to appreciate her majesty.

I'm super salty that the Duggars got to meet Dolly and I haven't. Baby Jordyn was turning on the charm for Dolly and Dolly said she was going to keep her. She should have. No one would have noticed.

The episode with Jim-Bob's dying father wheeled out in an office chair on his birthday is the worst.

All would probably be the easy answer. Any episode at the dentist or wisdom teeth, any episode with someone in pain, injured, shown having a blown out diaper, or what they did to JB's father, all scenes with the four girls doing all the work, or all the times Jana is shown to be doing all the work, Jill forced to give blood despite being terrified of needles,  kids doing something unsafe or around something unsafe like working on the TTH, Jordyn crawling around near the steps, feeding babies straight from cans.  The Say Yes to the Dress episode with howlers running around touching the dresses, Michelle making the consultant sit outside, Josh giving his opinion on his mother's dress and the girls laughing at other dresses, lost girls sobbing when their sister-mom leaves, all times when Michelle and JB make it clear they don't do any parenting, chores or anything, the mini golf humping, almost flipping out when Ben held Jessa's hand the night before they got engaged when they only did that to pray, and so many more.   

The Creation museum one. Where Jana almost thinks.

Anna giving birth to Michael on the toilet ranks high on my list. I haven't seen any of the episodes since they became "Counting On" but it sounds like there's a lot of cringe-worthy material there.

1 hour ago, FloraDoraDolly said:

Anna giving birth to Michael on the toilet ranks high on my list. I haven't seen any of the episodes since they became "Counting On" but it sounds like there's a lot of cringe-worthy material there.

All you're missing is courting, marriage and babies. The occasional guest appearance by the Mullet Queen and Cletus Bob! 

On 3/4/2018 at 1:57 PM, clueliss said:

Any episode where JB forces a screaming/criying child (almost always a girl) to do something that scares the crap out of them.  Jennifer in particular received a lot of this treatment.  Includes the older girls donating blood when we know that Jill was phobic of needles.  

I don't even like kids but I'd gladly adopt Jennifer, Hankie and Jordyn. Those poorbgirls deserve so much more. Jenni is the one that worries me the most. She needs to be in an environment where she can blossom and grow into who she wants to be, all the kids for that matter. For some reason Jordyn, Hannie, Jenni and Jackson break my heart. I feel like Jackson is always left out. He can't even hang out with Hannie any more. The bigger boys don't seem to want him. It's just plain sad.

18 hours ago, JordynDarby5 said:

All would probably be the easy answer. Any episode at the dentist or wisdom teeth, any episode with someone in pain, injured, shown having a blown out diaper, or what they did to JB's father, all scenes with the four girls doing all the work, or all the times Jana is shown to be doing all the work, Jill forced to give blood despite being terrified of needles,  kids doing something unsafe or around something unsafe like working on the TTH, Jordyn crawling around near the steps, feeding babies straight from cans.  The Say Yes to the Dress episode with howlers running around touching the dresses, Michelle making the consultant sit outside, Josh giving his opinion on his mother's dress and the girls laughing at other dresses, lost girls sobbing when their sister-mom leaves, all times when Michelle and JB make it clear they don't do any parenting, chores or anything, the mini golf humping, almost flipping out when Ben held Jessa's hand the night before they got engaged when they only did that to pray, and so many more.   

I truly think you covered every episode! I think the only thing missing from your list is Josh singing the Loyalty song at his wedding. Other than that, this is a very thorough list! :) 

9 hours ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

I don't even like kids but I'd gladly adopt Jennifer, Hankie and Jordyn. Those poorbgirls deserve so much more. Jenni is the one that worries me the most. She needs to be in an environment where she can blossom and grow into who she wants to be, all the kids for that matter. For some reason Jordyn, Hannie, Jenni and Jackson break my heart. I feel like Jackson is always left out. He can't even hang out with Hannie any more. The bigger boys don't seem to want him. It's just plain sad.

From what I've seen on social media, Jackson is very close to Michelle's nephew who is living with the Duggars as their foster child. This boy is younger than Jackson, who seems to get along better with younger kids in general.

Just now, FloraDoraDolly said:

From what I've seen on social media, Jackson is very close to Michelle's nephew who is living with the Duggars as their foster child. This boy is younger than Jackson, who seems to get along better with younger kids in general.

True, but I still feel bad for those kids and kidults. They will never live the lives they are meant to live. 

1 minute ago, JillRodsEyeliner said:

True, but I still feel bad for those kids and kidults. They will never live the lives they are meant to live. 

It's sad. I've even seen this among the fundie-lite. They have a little more freedom than the Duggars, yet at the same time all it seems to do is make them more aware of what they're missing. Of course, they can move into the mainstream when they're grown. But as kids, they're still kept on a short leash. Unlike the Duggars, they do get to go to college. But unless they can fund the entire cost themselves they have to choose from schools that are only a step up from Crown College that the Bateseseses attend. I know of one fundie-lite sect that is located in a college town and allows their kids to go to that school, but they have to live in a house with other members of their specific sect. This comes complete with 1950s style house parents and "accountability partners."

When they go visit josie in the hospital and the kids are visually upset. That should have been a private moment, In all honesty her first few months should have been. 

22 hours ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

When they go visit josie in the hospital and the kids are visually upset. That should have been a private moment, In all honesty her first few months should have been. 

I agree, they should have kept her hospital stay private! Poor little peanut has never been shown respect, yes kids deserve respect, or any privacy.

Archived