IGNORED

Esther Shrader (Anna Duggar's sister) living in a pop up

xReems

Do not turn this into a cosleeping war. A lot of parents co sleep. It is a legitimate and fine parenting choice with parents that are not intoxicated.

My comment wasn't meant as a criticism of co-sleeping. I assumed the OP meant that they were laying the baby on her stomach with a blanket to sleep in a crib. My comment was in reference to them not following the idea of "back to sleep." Obviously I'm striking out today--maybe I should check my own critical thinking skills:)

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are not currently living in a popup. Please read the entire thread to get your facts straight. Then, criticize them for lack of critical thinking skills.

This thread is over 40 pages and entitled ".....Living in a Pop-up", one might be forgiven for not knowing they'd moved.

This thread is over 40 pages and entitled ".....Living in a Pop-up", one might be forgiven for not knowing they'd moved.

Yes, and my understanding is the home they are living in is temporary b/c the pop-up is being worked on or something. I may be wrong though...don't shoot if I am!

Do not turn this into a cosleeping war. A lot of parents co sleep. It is a legitimate and fine parenting choice with parents that are not intoxicated.

We were/are co-sleepers, but I don't get what this has to do with co-sleeping. I may have missed it since this is long.

We were/are co-sleepers, but I don't get what this has to do with co-sleeping. I may have missed it since this is long.

I co-slept too, and I interpreted this as the bub sleeping on her tummy in a cot. If she is actually sleeping on Esther's tummy then I don't see a problem with it.

I'm not sure if they co-sleep. He has a couple pictures up where she's in the bed with Esther, but it seems to be right after the birth. Beyond that, there are 2 photos of her on her tummy with no blanket, one on her tummy with a blanket, and one on her back with a blanket. Additionally, she has a blanket covering her in the pictures with Esther. Not a blanket that she's wrapped up in, but one that's just draped over her.

Of course, these are pictures, so there's every chance that they're staged. We can't be sure how she really sleeps. In the last picture though, it seems like she might be in a crib.

I don't have children, so I'm certainly no expert, I just thought that the medical advice of late was to have a baby on his or her back without a blanket. I didn't mean to start any sort of co-sleeping war!! However, John seemed surprised when someone pointed it out in the comments, and I thought it demonstrated their parenting style...

Yes, and my understanding is the home they are living in is temporary b/c the pop-up is being worked on or something. I may be wrong though...don't shoot if I am!

I didn't know they were in a house, temporary or permanent, either. I thought they were still in the popup.

I didn't know they were in a house, temporary or permanent, either. I thought they were still in the popup.

Read the damn thread. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Reading through the thread(and perhaps I missed a word here or there through the 40+ pages), where are they living now? From what I gathered, they were in TX, and some church had given them shelter at either the church or a house? Are they still there, mooching?

God help me if I've either made a mistake in this assumption, or made a grammatical mistake, missed a comma...

Eta: grammatical mistake!

So the juice fast continues. He's now promoting it as a 60 day thing and an attempt to lose 50 pounds. I'm wondering if its related to his dreams of flying.

Speaking of... REALLY??? Someone bought him the fucking plane?

post-315-14451997164908_thumb.jpg

I seriously wouldnt put all my eggs in this basket!

Read the damn thread. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Respectfully, please stop the TWOP-esque handslapping. As someone above posted, with 40 pages of posts to wade through and a post title that hasn't been edited to reflect a change in circumstance, someone might understandably miss something and IMHO they don't deserve to be berated for it.

So the juice fast continues. He's now promoting it as a 60 day thing and an attempt to lose 50 pounds. I'm wondering if its related to his dreams of flying.

Speaking of... REALLY??? Someone bought him the fucking plane?

[attachment=0]plane.jpg[/attachment]

I seriously wouldnt put all my eggs in this basket!

This plane was made from a kit, and is a short takeoff/landing aircraft. Given that it was made from a kit, by an individual or smal group, I wonder about the availibility of maintenance/repairs/parts in Africa. Regardless of what Shrader is using during for his pilot training, he'll need extra training time in this aircraft. Is this plane already in

Zambia (or where ever they're going)?

"Someone worked really hard to earn a bunch of money and has decided to share some of that money with me! God is so amazing!" :roll:

This plane was made from a kit, and is a short takeoff/landing aircraft. Given that it was made from a kit, by an individual or smal group, I wonder about the availibility of maintenance/repairs/parts in Africa. Regardless of what Shrader is using during for his pilot training, he'll need extra training time in this aircraft. Is this plane already in

It appears to already be there and was purchased for 15k. He says the engine is 18k alone so I'm not sure why its such a "deal"... unless there's something seriously wrong with it. No way would I let a guy with the ink still wet on his license to fly something put together by laymen fly me and my children ANYWHERE. This shit is scary.

It appears to already be there and was purchased for 15k. He says the engine is 18k alone so I'm not sure why its such a "deal"... unless there's something seriously wrong with it. No way would I let a guy with the ink still wet on his license to fly something put together by laymen fly me and my children ANYWHERE. This shit is scary.

There's no way he can fit his whole family (not including luggage) in that dinky puddle-jumper. I wonder if Darwin sent the plane. ;)

I think the plan is to leave the family in a city somewhere and fly out to villages and hand out KJV bibles each day.

CA as in Canada or CA as in California? I live in California and we have turkey ham here. You can typically find it in the presliced deli meat section of a grocery store.

This season on Top Chef there was a contestant who grew up not eating pork or shellfish because his father was a pastor.

Edited because I can spell.

Dont knock planes with kits. I grew up with a father that was in EAA (experimental aircraft association). I have flown my fair share of planes from kits (with a licensed pilot in the next seat with override controls). There are lots of government hoops to jump through before you can fly it. If it came from a kit then there are good odds on finding the parts via the internet when you need them. My dad can still find parts for his plane and he made it 20 years ago.

Interesting. I don't think we have that in CA, but Jon has mentioned cooking it for her several times. Here at least, turkey bacon is more expensive than regular. Kudos to them for trying to eat better though, I suppose. That spread really did look almost magazine worthy. Perhaps Jon has a bit o the chef in 'im!

Here (coastal Virginia), turkey bacon is cheaper by about 30 cents a pound than bacon, just like ground turkey is about $1.50 a pound cheaper than ground beef.

Dont knock planes with kits. I grew up with a father that was in EAA (experimental aircraft association). I have flown my fair share of planes from kits (with a licensed pilot in the next seat with override controls). There are lots of government hoops to jump through before you can fly it. If it came from a kit then there are good odds on finding the parts via the internet when you need them. My dad can still find parts for his plane and he made it 20 years ago.

But would you get in one that was in Zambia and bought for less than the engine alone is worth? :D

edited to fix quote

But would you get in one that was in Zambia and bought for less than the engine alone is worth? :D

edited to fix quote

Depends on who built it and who inspected it. Some people just want to get ride of planes right now because fuel and upkeep costs. We live in hard times and need to understand that some people cant continue expensive hobbies. Flying costs insurance, hanger rental, inspections exc. It costs a lot, thats why my dad has downgraded his plane to an ultralight. I am more concerned about them being able to fit the whole family in there including luggage.

Edit to add that my dads ultralight is currently being rebuilt because it was not properly built or taken care of before he got it. The FAA may consider it flyable but my dad wont fly it until its up to his standards which are high.

Depends on who built it and who inspected it. Some people just want to get ride of planes right now because fuel and upkeep costs. We live in hard times and need to understand that some people cant continue expensive hobbies. Flying costs insurance, hanger rental, inspections exc. It costs a lot, thats why my dad has downgraded his plane to an ultralight. I am more concerned about them being able to fit the whole family in there including luggage.

Edit to add that my dads ultralight is currently being rebuilt because it was not properly built or taken care of before he got it. The FAA may consider it flyable but my dad wont fly it until its up to his standards which are high.

As another daughter of an EAA member, I didn't mean to sound as if I were criticizing kit-built planes per se. However, that combined with the fact that its STOL, makes me wonder about his ability to maintain and pilot it safely. I agree with others who say he has no intentions of flying his family around. I'd love to try an ultralight!

As another daughter of an EAA member, I didn't mean to sound as if I were criticizing kit-built planes per se. However, that combined with the fact that its STOL, makes me wonder about his ability to maintain and pilot it safely. I agree with others who say he has no intentions of flying his family around. I'd love to try an ultralight!

I dont think he could get his entire family in that plane safely. Not enough seats for the entire family and carry all of their cargo. Based on the model, I would say it holds 6 seats max.

Ultralights are fun. They dont require the same number of hours that a regular pilots license takes.

Archived