IGNORED

Lori Alexander 43: Pepper and Darkness

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Ken is getting his ass handed to him over on 2.0. 

yeah he is!

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I'm not sure why she's on about the harlots unless long pants and sweatshirts are now harlot wear.  We're having a small chilly spell. 

Whenever I hear someone throw around a term like "slut" (or whatever other 21st century equivalents to "harlot") for their outfit, I almost always get the impression the outfit's just a convenient scapegoat! 

16 minutes ago, Curious said:

The hubris it takes to tell the pastor's wife she is dressed immodestly boggles my mind.

Yeah, if someone purports to believe that husbands are in charge of their wives and women shouldn't teach men, and a pastor of all people is fine with his wife dressing in this way... why??? (not sure why I'm trying to find the logic in this!)

I've attended a few church social functions where a female priest wore shorts, along with most everyone else in hot weather, and somehow we all survived! :pearlclutching:

47 minutes ago, 3splenty said:

Our Pastor has told our congregation that someone could come in dressed in rags and someone could come in dressed in beautiful clothes, but we cannot see into their hearts.  That's not our place.  "Do not judge, lest ye yourself be judged."

In our church, there's suits, dresses, jeans and t-shirts.  We're all the same.  Its a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints.  

Edited to add:  When some parishioners have commented on clothing choices, etc., our pastor brings up the rags and riches analogy.

I love that! We generally do try to dress nicely for church but that's just what we do.  I really don't care what other people wear.  But I do know a few people who do and they can be real pains in the rear!

Lori recorded herself singing along with the radio and driving. YES, using the phone to record herself WHILE DRIVING. :my_angry:People using the phone while driving is a pet peeve of mine. 

Currently up on her IG Instastory.

5ad7ee9013301_UnsafeDriver.JPG.2c588fe466abc1f324ed83c0455a2298.JPG

She is more insane now than ever. Hope her daughter likes that her own mother is calling her a whore. What SCUM. 

EXPENSIVE!!! Says the woman who spends ridiculous amounts of money on shit. 

Tonight we are having a perfectly healthy dinner. 

Salsa Verde chicken (Low carb and lower fat) with Mexican baked zuchinni.  

Our dinner tonight was tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (because we just got another few inches of snow, and that's my favorite snow-time meal). I did not rub the greasiness from the sandwiches all over my hands like Lori did in one of her youtubes. She may not dress like a harlot, but she has some disgusting habits. I would rather my husband and I break bread with a harlot in immodest clothing than eat with hypocritical Lori.

29 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Tonight we are having a perfectly healthy dinner. 

Salsa Verde chicken (Low carb and lower fat) with Mexican baked zuchinni.  

We didn't...burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, cole slaw. But...I DID cook...I'll just pay for it the rest of the night. 

yeah he is!
Could someone share the link, please? (I know it was posted earlier, but my phone is being wonky and I'm too impatient.)

3 minutes ago, molecule said:
1 hour ago, feministxtian said:
yeah he is!

Could someone share the link, please? (I know it was posted earlier, but my phone is being wonky and I'm too impatient.)

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=178193076156110&id=136192113689540&comment_id=178990999409651&reply_comment_id=183088642333220&notif_id=1523897139931168&notif_t=feed_comment_reply&ref=notif

10 minutes ago, molecule said:
1 hour ago, feministxtian said:
yeah he is!

Thy wish is my command

I have no idea why there's a double post. 

1 hour ago, Carol said:

I'm pretty sure Ken only comes under Lori's authority.  At least that's what he says.

You know, I read this two ways...

I'll just see myself to the already overcrowded prayer closet now.

*makes bowl of delicious stove top popcorn and heads over to 2.0 thread* So ready for this throw down its like WWE but better. 

I am not able to participate on the 2.0 pages for various reasons (mostly having to do with the fact that I am involved in marriage ministry and she and I have some mutual friends), so I want to thank those of you who are engaging with Ken by bringing in common sense and actual biblical truth.

I am cheering for you here.

I've been reading about Tammie Jo Shults, the SW airline pilot who heroically landed that damaged plane.

She is a married woman with two children, who I think are in their midteens. She is also religious, a Christian who talks about having godly friends and neighbors and talking about Scripture with her kids. She struggled to get a position in the military in aviation, due to gender discrimination, but, with patience and hard work, eventually did so.

Two Christian women who are so different! One flies airplanes and (despite her lack of testosterone) calmly and competently handles a terrible emergency. The other needs to call for help from a man when she needs to evacuate her home! 

I think Tammie Jo is more of a "man" (by Lori's definition) than Ken. 

1 hour ago, molecule said:

I am not able to participate on the 2.0 pages for various reasons (mostly having to do with the fact that I am involved in marriage ministry and she and I have some mutual friends), so I want to thank those of you who are engaging with Ken by bringing in common sense and actual biblical truth.

I am cheering for you here.

Talking to Kenny-boy is like trying to teach a pig to sing...the pig never learns and you just get pissed off. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

You know, I read this two ways...

I'll just see myself to the already overcrowded prayer closet now.

I'm shocked!  I've never written a double entendre in my life.

Here are a few quotes on leadership and authority from a book called "Finding Church" by Wayne Jacobsen. I'm a fan of his writings on Church and authority within it.  I read the long thread on 2.0 and it made me sad and angry.  These are quotes I hope people will find when they need them so I'm putting them here.  

- To people who believe others should do as they say:

If you have to demand authority, you don’t have it.

- For those who need "authority figures" in the Church:

Where Jesus is the Head, our freedom from the control of others won’t devolve into chaos - it opens a door for a different kind of order that only love can produce.

- Leadership in the Church:

the term leadership is hard to use in the new creation because people see it as a management role instead of as a gift to help others.

the real task of leaders is not getting people to follow them but equipping those people to follow Christ.

elders, pastors, apostles and teachers provide an amazing service to the body of Christ when they are not the focus of it.

- One beautiful definition of what an elder should be:

the soft place to fall. The person you would want to catch you in your worst moment. They are full of the comfort that will help you unpack shame and find your way back to Jesus. They will point to truth sweetened with a dependence on Jesus to make the changes that help set you free.

Poor Ken. He writes sixteen paragraphs of well researched, thought out and careful response and do you not understand? You bet! Methinks Ken's going to give up on you all soon because some people just don't want to  learn 

Last night, I had steamed stir fry vegetables from Costco with some ground beef cooked with curry seasoning. I had some 92% dark chocolate. It was really good and took me 15 minutes to prepare. No sad, soggy salad required.

also, Lori salad dressing update: I made a batch appeared extra thick. I didn’t think much of it until I put it on a salad and stirred it and the emulsion separated. It was really nasty! Guess the dressing heard I was a harlot.

24 minutes ago, Emilycharlotte said:

@jerkit, did you mix it up with a joyful heart? That's important.

I usually listen to comedy podcasts while I cook, so yes! 

17 hours ago, Fascinated said:

I learned from this page that loads of Christians websites seem to be obsessed with harlots and that dressing as one is an open invitation to being raped.  I chose not to delve further into these sites.

UGH...what is wrong with these people.  As Christians what about focusing on helping and loving others (you know, the second greatest commandment?)  Loving God's people by being kind, helpful, lifiting up those in need, doing a million other acts of kindness and charity everyday BESIDES worrying what everyone else is wearing.......

These people tire me out...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived