IGNORED

Museum of the Bible opening Saturday

mydoggoskeeper

Thanks, @legalbeagle, for the eye witness report!

An update here on the fucking thieves who own & run this "museum" -- they're forfeiting more stolen goods to the US Govt:

• Upvote 8

The company my son used to work for built all the servers that went into the Museum. They put a huge amount of labor into it. That being said, he never wants to visit it. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

they're forfeiting more stolen goods to the US Govt:

I wonder how much stuff they actually stole. I bet a lot more than what is known. I wouldn't be shocked to find out most of their stuff is stolen. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

What blows me away is the fact that purchasing stolen antiquities almost always funds terrorism. Do the flag waving, bible thumpers care? No, because the company has gone to court for their "Christian" values. Hypocrites.

• Upvote 7

The theft & trafficking of artifacts and fine art are pretty much driven by organized crime and terrorists because these items can be converted to ready cash. The third factor is private collectors who can and will pay anything to own a rare item. This is how known Old Master paintings, for example, just disappear from view for several generations as they sit in private collections. Auction houses like Christies, etc. don't give a toss -- they just reap the benefit of every insanely high new sale.

The Bible "Museum" represents terrorism + private collectors in action. Wouldn't be surprised if there is an element of organized crime too since they are often involved in transportation of objects, such as import/export companies.

ETA: If anyone is interested, one of the best known websites that follows theft & trafficking of art and antiquities is the Museum Security Network. Their information is pretty current & very comprehensive.

Edited by hoipolloi
Adding information
  • Upvote 8

On 11/19/2017 at 10:33 PM, samurai_sarah said:

(But: Seriously, please don't mention FJ in your undercover activities!)

I read this as underwear activities.... Some days, dyslexia is actually a lot of fun.

• Haha 6

• 2 years later...

Oxford professor busted for selling stolen fragments to museum of the Bible 

• Thank You 3