IGNORED

Trump 18: Info to Russia, With Love

Destiny

16 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I want to know why the women are in black.

Silly @onekidanddone, I'm sure you know the answer to this!

White = good

Black = evil

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Francis looks sooooo thrilled to be meeting TT.

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Melania doesn't look particularly happy either.  I swear I have family pictures that look like this. . .

No words needed.

pope.thumb.jpg.c7e6f2d2d62178101076992b2ad4e1e5.jpg

10 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

I read that women are expected to wear black formal clothing and a head covering for a papal audience. I had no idea. 

Why Melania, Ivanka Trump wore veils and all black to meet the pope

I think it's still the case where it's something of an expectation but it's not as strict as what it was years ago.  I know it gets the conservative Catholics whining when a woman shows up to meet the Pope in anything other than all black and a mantilla (the veil).  Especially if they show up wearing white.

I know just in general from my trips over there that some of what the Americans wear to church would not fly over in Italy, we were advised beforehand about the days when we were visiting churches about the need to cover both legs and shoulders.

Ok, I know I'm doing a lot of Pope related posts, but this one is just too good not to share. 

I get the feeling most of us here on this thread want impeachment at some point. I am extremely impatient I wanted January 20th. Then I think of a few words that come with impeachment.  First "President Pence" dreadful and much more covertly evil than TT (tRump's evil is right out in the open), but still I think if Orange boy is booted Pence won't be elected in 2020. He will never be able to wash off the orange stink.

Then there are two words my husband likes to say..Double Jeopardy. This has to be done right and with meticulous care. If we don't have all our ducks in a row, he can't be tried for his crimes a second time.

That being said, I still spend my days shouting, yelling and hyperventilating over this. 

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I know just in general from my trips over there that some of what the Americans wear to church would not fly over in Italy, we were advised beforehand about the days when we were visiting churches about the need to cover both legs and shoulders.

True. We lived in Italy for a few years and saw many people (a lot of Americans, but other tourists too)  attempt to enter cathedrals with clothing that was unacceptable and were turned away. We've run into this in Asia as well, I also research what appropriate dress for the region is when we are planning a trip. Our next trip is Manila and Thailand and I know that some of the places we will be visiting will require conservative dress so we will plan for that. It is pretty easy to dress properly, at least for myself and my 7 year old. We have a bit more difficulty finding appropriate clothing for my 13 year old that she will wear but I have no doubt we will come up with something. 

4 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I get the feeling most of us here on this thread want impeachment at some point. I am extremely impatient I wanted January 20th. Then I think of a few words that come with impeachment.  First "President Pence" dreadful and much more covertly evil than TT (tRump's evil is right out in the open), but still I think if Orange boy is booted Pence won't be elected in 2020. He will never be able to wash off the orange stink.

I am hoping Trump is impeached but I would rather it take a bit longer so that there is a chance of flipping the House, or the Senate or both so that President Pence (I feel dirty typing that) has his hands somewhat tied until 2020. 

My absolute dream would knock Pence out of office (and perhaps Ryan) but I think Pence has been keeping his hands clean enough unfortunately that there wont be enough to remove him from office too. 

I know exactly what you mean @nvmbr02!

But I think a lot depends on what comes out about Flynn.As head of the transition team, Pence should have known of any problems. If he did, he's complicit. If he didn't - then he is completely incompetent  - which should make him unfit to be president.

But in the light of recent history, complete incompetence isn't a disqualification.

3 minutes ago, sawasdee said:

I know exactly what you mean @nvmbr02!

But I think a lot depends on what comes out about Flynn.As head of the transition team, Pence should have known of any problems. If he did, he's complicit. If he didn't - then he is completely incompetent  - which should make him unfit to be president.

But in the light of recent history, complete incompetence isn't a disqualification.

Yes, exactly. From my view Pence either knew about Flynn and complicit or Pence is incompetent because he didn't vet Flynn (and presumably others) properly. I think he was spin the second option and try to make it look like he was intentional kept in the dark and a victim. I don't buy that, but unfortunately there may not be any proof out there. I just hope that his hands are dirty enough people wont want to elect him in 2020. I did see a fox news poll that said Pence's approval ratings dropped 8 percentage points from April to May so there is hope he is losing favor. 

47 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Ok, I know I'm doing a lot of Pope related posts, but this one is just too good not to share. 

The Pope's inner thoughts..."this orange jack wagon doesn't have enough money for all the indulgences he would need"

8 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Pope Francis looks like he's so done with it all. :pb_lol: 

WUT??

I really hope someone gets to the bottom of this. Who is paying her and her travel expenses.

A Top Mar-A-Lago Employee Is Quietly Doing Government Work For Trump’s Foreign Trip

Heather Rinkus, the guest reception manager at Trump's "Winter White House” and wife of a twice-convicted felon, is in Italy with Trump’s logistics team and has been outfitted with a government-issued phone and email.

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

5925e88b9a8e7_poorpope.thumb.jpg.e0cb2650a1d3936459869ca8d5b3ca6d.jpg

The pope thinks: "Who is this moron?"

TT thinks: "I won the election, bigly!"

Melania thinks: "I wish I was this moron's widow."

Ivanka thinks: "I'm a morondonna!"

Jared thinks: "..."

Hold the phone -- Jared thinks??

"The ugly truth behind Saudi Arabia's love for Melania Trump"

Spoiler

Donald Trump's first major trip overseas may be fraught with diplomatic land mines for the President, but the Trump administration can at least comfort itself with the clear hit that Melania Trump has been with the Saudi press.

The fact that Melania is communicating with the media and the public in Saudi Arabia -- mainly through what Saudi news reports have deemed her "classy and conservative" fashion choices -- works well in the notoriously anti-woman kingdom. Her intense appeal makes sense, considering the first lady represents so much that Saudi citizens find familiar and can relate to, especially visually. Melania walks behind her husband, is quiet and reserved, does not make obvious demands (at least not ones we can hear), and most importantly, she looks beautiful and polished.

All of that should come as no surprise, given whom Melania is married to. After all, how the Saudi government likes women to behave is similar to how Donald Trump has said he likes women to behave. And they both prefer women to look pretty in pictures, rather than hold actual positions of power.

Melania's husband and the Saudi government also both know and understand the power and value of a good photo opportunity. In fact, fantastic photo opportunities are something the kingdom values and is hypersensitive about, especially ones that are going to be seen around the world.

For them, Melania Trump was perfectly poised in her black Stella McCartney jumpsuit and gilded gold belt. Melania projected a glamorous image for a country where women live under male guardianship, cannot drive, still do not have the full vote, and cannot travel or seek medical attention without male permission.

The Saudi press also appreciated Melania and first daughter Ivanka Trump's championing of the kingdom's feminism light, also known by some as "fake feminism" -- the same brand of women's rights Donald Trump likes to promote -- which the two did by visiting companies run by women entrepreneurs. Those visits, which Ivanka and Melania made separately, project a false narrative of a government committed to advancing women's rights.

Although much has been made about the first lady and first daughter not donning the headscarf, that choice really is not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be. Angela Merkel, Theresa May and Michelle Obama all skipped out on the headscarf while visiting Saudi Arabia, and Donald Trump even famously attacked Michelle Obama for insulting "Saudi culture" by showing her hair, something his wife and daughter both just did.

Even though a much stricter version of the Islamic covering is required by law for Saudi women, wives and female family members of foreign dignitaries do not have to abide by it. That was true when Donald Trump criticized Michelle Obama for not wearing one, and it is still true now that Melania and Ivanka have followed suit.

The headscarf should be the least of the Trump family's worries, because the Saudi press have embraced Melania (and to a related but lesser extent, Ivanka) for basically doing for the kingdom what they do for Donald Trump: Provide the perfect cover for misogyny and tyranny by being beautiful, poised and often silent.

In Melania, the Saudi press and the Saudi government found the perfect spokeswoman, who projects a glamorous image that glosses over one of world's most autocratic and oppressive regimes.

What is not to love?

How very true.

Apologies if this has been posted: "Report: President Trump’s disjointed speaking style could indicate cognitive decline"

Spoiler

President Trump's current, somewhat disjointed speaking style may be the result of cognitive decline, according to the health-focused site STAT.

A new report states that "STAT reviewed decades of Trump's on-air interviews and compared them to Q&A sessions since his inauguration. The differences are striking and unmistakable."

It then argues that, in the 80s and 90s, Trump demonstrated a more polished style of speech and extensive vocabulary but his word choice has become simpler, and he is more apt to repeat himself. After asking various experts in cognition, neurolinguistics and psychology to assess his language from decades ago, the report states, "they all agreed there had been a deterioration, and some said it could reflect changes in the health of Trump's brain."

This isn't the first time there has been speculation about deficiencies in Trump's language and cognition; his remarks in August—at a press conference and a Republican debate—reportedly only scored at 3rd and 4th grade levels on the Flesch-Kincaid grade-level test, based on his heavy use of words like "I" and "very" in addition to simple derogatory terms like "losers" and "idiots."

In terms of cognition, Suzanne Lachmann, a clinical psychologist, stated in a March Psychology Today piece that "there is a marked deterioration in Mr. Trump's cognitive functioning."

She goes on to say, "...even in his first 100 days, his insight and judgment have disintegrated to the point at which his public statements, accusations, and tweets seem delusional."

Despite these criticisms, Geoffrey Nunberg, a linguist at UC Berkeley, argued in a Los Angeles Times op-ed in early November that Trump's limited vocabulary and conversational speaking style are able to connect well with supporters by sounding "spontaneous and genuine.

Gee, it took Reagan years to go downhill. I guess the TT is the best ever, since he's slipping faster.

The Trump Organization Says It's 'Not Practical' to Comply With the Emoluments Clause

Days before taking office, Donald Trump said his company would donate all profits from foreign governments to the U.S. Treasury, part of an effort to avoid even the appearance of a conflict with the Constitution’s emoluments clause.

Now, however, the Trump Organization is telling Congress that determining exactly how much of its profits come from foreign governments is simply more trouble than it’s worth.

In response to a document request from the House Oversight Committee, Trump’s company sent a copy of an eight-page pamphlet detailing how it plans to track payments it receives from foreign governments at the firm’s many hotels, golf courses, and restaurants across the globe. But while the Trump Organization said it would set aside all money it collects from customers that identify themselves as representing a foreign government, it would not undertake a more intensive effort to determine if a payment would violate the Constitution’s prohibition on public office holders accepting an “emolument” from a foreign state.

“To fully and completely identify all patronage at our Properties by customer type is impractical in the service industry and putting forth a policy that requires all guests to identify themselves would impede upon personal privacy and diminish the guest experience of our brand,” the Trump Organization wrote in its policy pamphlet, which the company’s chief compliance officer said had been distributed to general managers and senior officials at all of its properties.

The statement drew an angry response from the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, Representative Elijah Cummings of Maryland, who said the policy “raised grave concerns about the president’s refusal to comply with the Constitution.” In a letter replying to the company, Cummings said it would be easy for a government like Russia to funnel money to the Trump Organization through unofficial entities, such as RT, its state-run television station. “Those payments would not be tracked in any way and would be hidden from the American public,” the Democrat wrote.

Yep. Too hard to follow the constitution. 

7 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I read that women are expected to wear black formal clothing and a head covering for a papal audience. I had no idea. 

Why Melania, Ivanka Trump wore veils and all black to meet the pope

Yes but they don't need to look like mourning nuns. Some queens and first ladies managed to look somewhat normal

Spoiler

73310622.thumb.jpg.0d42ad1fe4e1a70b0834cceb889baf06.jpgimages.jpg.eabf2f8202e6243754d1461379259c1a.jpgimage.jpg.d5f78f41bb798ce80e82f34bc74990ea.jpgreyesholanda--t.jpg.eb77caf49225323f5ff0b3f1cd1dda60.jpg

Iirc The rule was that all the queens and first ladies of countries that failed to ally with the pope when Italy invaded Rome in 1870 needed to dress in black. Only the first ladies and queens of countries that supported the papacy in that occasion, namely Spain and a couple of others, can't remember which, could wear white. But now the rule has changed and the Trumps didn't really have to.

Spoiler

304D163300000578-3404770-image-a-225_1453131148516.thumb.jpg.d867886685e2f49c2ba533b322cc13f3.jpgarticle-2675135-1F46157D00000578-519_634x875.jpg.7a60f70ee3a3ce136f005e068ab1215c.jpg

2 hours ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Yes but they don't need to look like mourning nuns. Some queens and first ladies managed to look somewhat normal

Reveal hidden contents

73310622.thumb.jpg.0d42ad1fe4e1a70b0834cceb889baf06.jpgimages.jpg.eabf2f8202e6243754d1461379259c1a.jpgimage.jpg.d5f78f41bb798ce80e82f34bc74990ea.jpgreyesholanda--t.jpg.eb77caf49225323f5ff0b3f1cd1dda60.jpg

Iirc The rule was that all the queens and first ladies of countries that failed to ally with the pope when Italy invaded Rome in 1870 needed to dress in black. Only the first ladies and queens of countries that supported the papacy in that occasion, namely Spain and a couple of others, can't remember which, could wear white. But now the rule has changed and the Trumps didn't really have to.

Reveal hidden contents

304D163300000578-3404770-image-a-225_1453131148516.thumb.jpg.d867886685e2f49c2ba533b322cc13f3.jpgarticle-2675135-1F46157D00000578-519_634x875.jpg.7a60f70ee3a3ce136f005e068ab1215c.jpg

The things you learn on FJ... :pb_smile:

Thanks @laPapessaGiovanna! I love history, so I'm off to look for more info on that.

I found this bitingly sarcastic article on Melania.

Melania Trump is not even pretending she’s into this First Lady gig

Spoiler

MANY people will have had the experience of being their partner’s “plus one” to a work function.

It’s often a bit tedious. You listen to stories about people you don’t actually know, you make small talk, you’re often wearing uncomfortable shoes and you can’t really let your hair down lest you embarrass your partner and become the topic of water cooler conversation come Monday morning.

So spare a thought for Melania Trump. Because when her husband Donald Trump became the 45th President of the United States, her life shifted from long lunches and day spa visits in Manhattan to a fulltime position as a plus one.

And if her face on her current overseas trip is anything to go by, this is not what she signed up for.

Unlike Princess Di, who merely looked forlorn on such tours, Melania doesn’t even seem to be trying to hide her disdain for the whole affair.

People have gleefully watched the footage that shows her reluctance to hold her husband’s hand: [footage]

And images of her meeting the Pope were hardly joyous: [photo]

Since boarding Air Force One she has had the air of a surly teen who has been dragged away on a family holiday to a hot and smelly destination.

From the get go, Melania has seemed mildly uncomfortable in the role of First Lady.

On inauguration day there was that awkward fumbling with the gift for Michelle Obama: [footage]

The dance with Donald that made us all want to curl into a ball: [footage]

And the painful failed high-five with her son Barron: [gif]

Despite the plush lifestyle, you can’t help but feel a bit sorry for Melania. She has big shoes to fill. Michelle Obama took to the role of First Lady with equal parts grace and gusto. She was natural and relatable, yet polished and professional. She was versatile enough that she could hold her own in comedy skits with Jimmy Fallon and have a genuine impact on the lives of everyday Americans at the same time. [Michelle footage]

You can’t help but feel for Melania Trump who just had her relationship thrown into the limelight. Her body language seems to say it all. Some have suggested she has become more relatable because of her at times apparent disdain for Donald Trump.

It's rare when the actions of one person reflects so much.

Melania slapping Trump's hand and pulling away from him.... represents all of us.

— Jason Pollock (@Jason_Pollock) May 24, 2017

To add to her appeal, there have been fleeting moments on this European tour where the icy facade cracks and a little bit of sunshine shows through.

She’s shown more affection for this sick kid in Rome than she has for her husband (though the child doesn’t seem sure what to make of it). [Photo's]

... But then you remember that she blatantly plagiarised part of Michelle Obama’s speech and some of that sympathy crumbles.

It’s a vicious cycle.

I don't think she's all that into the "wife of TT" gig either.
The things people do for money... 

8 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I remember the old if you can't do the time don't do the crime line. 

In this case I'd say to TT if you can't follow the Constitution then don't fucking run for President, you fucking orange moron.

14 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I remember the old if you can't do the time don't do the crime line. 

In this case I'd say to TT if you can't follow the Constitution then don't fucking run for President, you fucking orange moron.

But, you don't understand...the rules don't apply to him.

I have a new favorite tweet regarding tapeworm's visit with the Holy Father...

As if his speech at the NATO conference wasn't embarrassing enough

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/trump-nato-latest?lf-content=197354153:lb-post-68ca6886606216b4f03d0e01de80473d@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink

He actually shoved his way to the front of the pack?  When is he going to realize he's a grownup????

Can some country over there just keep him for a bit? Just lock him up somewhere with no internet and only books to entertain him. America won't miss him one tiny bit. Pretty please? 

As if his speech at the NATO conference wasn't embarrassing enough
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/politics/trump-nato-latest?lf-content=197354153:lb-post-68ca6886606216b4f03d0e01de80473d@livefyre.com&hubRefSrc=permalink
He actually shoved his way to the front of the pack?  When is he going to realize he's a grownup????

Probably when his close personal friend Satan has to buy snow removal equipment.

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived