IGNORED

Louisiana man gets stuck in chimney, then arrested for 77th time

47of74

From Louisiana,

kcrg.com/content/news/412956073.html

According to police in Alexandria, Louisiana, officers responded to the report of a man stuck in the chimney of a business early Friday morning.

Officers were soon able to locate the suspect. Police identify him as 41-year-old Matthew Mobley of Alexandria.

This is Mobley's 77th booking into the Rapides Parish Detention Center. He's facing charges of attempted simple burglary and aggravated assault.

APD officers said in a news release that they did not locate a sleigh or any presents on scene.

I have family that lives in that part of Louisiana.

And also

JeanLucFacePalm.jpg

Anyone remember the Rescue 911 episode with the burglar who got trapped inside a chimney?  The homeowners were asleep, and when the wife discovered him(upside down, with his face visible from the fireplace), she asked "Who are you?"

"I'm Santa Claus, who else?"

"Well, I don't see any presents, and I know I've been a good girl!"

The kicker was that it was actually Christmastime, and the homeowners took pictures of the guy in the chimney and put them on their holiday cards.

ETA:

On 2/7/2017 at 1:28 PM, 47of74 said:

This is Mobley's 77th booking into the Rapides Parish Detention Center. He's facing charges of attempted simple burglary and aggravated assault.

The guy's not a very good criminal, but points for effort, I guess.

Really, 77 arrests at the age of 41?  I can only assume there are underlying issues that prevent him from holding even a menial job, so he drifts through life, seeing an opportunity for a crime, then commits it without real planning.  I wonder how much time he's spent in jail.  Maybe he doesn't mind getting caught because then he has a place to stay for a time.

Archived