IGNORED

Tickling the Ivories - Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

choralcrusader8613

About the dirty hair being better for hairdos, I don't think so. When I go to weedings or I need special hairdos or buns, I go to the hairdresser's and they first wash my hair, then dry it and finally do the hairdo. Never ever they have done the hairdo with dirty hair!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, the only one that has really good hair for wearing long is Joy. Hers looks so think and full. The rest of the older girls' hair all need a good chopping.

Although Jill, for some reason, looks better after her time at home. Something about her skin...

Jana- beautiful as always.

JB certainly could spring for a Derm. consult for most of his adult kids.

I hope I didn't just come up with a possible episode for season 4-

With Jill, I'm sure that it's because she's getting more nutrients and because she's gone back to using hair products she's used to. When I came back from China, my skin improved a lot and my hair definitely looked better, since I wasn't pooping out most of what I ate, I was showering in softer water, and I could use hair care products that were formulated for my hair texture, which is different from Asian women's hair (I'm white with wavy hair).

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I think only Joy and Jessa inherited Michelle's very thick hair. Jana, Jill and Jinger have thinner hair and Jill and Jinger should definately chop it of 10 inches. Jana already has shorter hair than the rest of the girls, am I right?

In your opinion Jill and Jinger should chop off 10 inches. i disagree. Neither of us are right.

All the Duggar women should chop their hair to shoulder length.  It is more flattering on everyone.  Jana and Joy would look especially pretty with shoulder length hair.  

Michelle seemed oddly detached from Jinger's wedding dress shopping. Yes . . . she is really uninterested in her kids, but you would think she might have had more enthusiasm for seeing her daughter try on wedding dresses.

She doesn't seem to care much about anything these days.  She has lost weight, however.

All the Duggar women should chop their hair to shoulder length.  It is more flattering on everyone.  Jana and Joy would look especially pretty with shoulder length hair.  
Michelle seemed oddly detached from Jinger's wedding dress shopping. Yes . . . she is really uninterested in her kids, but you would think she might have had more enthusiasm for seeing her daughter try on wedding dresses.
 She doesn't seem to care much about anything these days.  She has lost weight, however.

I have to strongly disagree on the everyone looks better with shoulder length hair. I have a very round face and poofy hair when it is short. NOT a good look in my opinion.

No one, even the Duggar girls have an obligation to keep their hair at its optimal length. I agree that Jinger's hair is not her optimal hairdo but her hair is not dirty, just messy and/or damaged. She likely has hair like mine that tangles easily and might have had it tangle just from being moved about while putting the dress on. Mine is long and thin too but I like my long hair and often you still get people going wow despite the fact it is thin when you wear it out and that might be enough for Jinger.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

About the dirty hair being better for hairdos, I don't think so. When I go to weedings or I need special hairdos or buns, I go to the hairdresser's and they first wash my hair, then dry it and finally do the hairdo. Never ever they have done the hairdo with dirty hair!

I don't think I have ever had my hair washed by the stylist before an updo. I know at home, doing my hair with day old unwashed hair is much easier than freshly washed. Maybe it varies depending on hair type, mine is fairly thin. 

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I think it depends on your hair. Everyone's different.

I have long, thick, very curly and shiny hair. It just does not stay in an up do straight after being washed. It falls out. I need to wash it at least 24 hours before an up do for it to stay in. 

Contributing to some thread drift, don't mind me:

Here in Minnesota, any liquor store that sells hard liquor is closed on Sundays. I think we voted to change that last year but I've yet to see anything come of it. Beyond that, no store that sells beer or wine can sell it prior to noon on Sundays.

"Dirty" hair is better for hair styles-- IF you're not going to use hair spray or hair gel and you have thinner hair. There's certain thicknesses of hair that do way better clean than they do dirty. Personally, if I forgo washing for three days and then curl my hair with a hot iron, it'll hold those curls for at least two days.

Hair length should be up to the individual to decide. Personally I can't imagine having to brush hair much longer than ear-length, but I think if the J girls took better care of their hair it would be lovely.

10 minutes ago, weirdemmaline said:

Hair length should be up to the individual to decide. Personally I can't imagine having to brush hair much longer than ear-length, but I think if the J girls took better care of their hair it would be lovely.

I think Jessa's hair is healthy looking. Jana and Jill's is okay, but Jinger's is TERRIBLE! All those years of perms really fried it. And did y'all see the TLC YouTube video of Jinger demonstrating how she straightens her hair? She just grabbed large chunks and raked the straightener over them. She clearly knows nothing at all about doing hair, or else doesn't care to take the time to do it well. So why post a tutorial vid?? Sorry I know this sounds mean but it seems like someone on a TV show could find someone to help them get their hair looking right. 

1 hour ago, wandering woman said:

We have to understand this is her third daughter to get married in just over 2 years. It has to get boring even for normal people

36 minutes ago, Fundie Bunny said:

We have to understand this is her third daughter to get married in just over 2 years. It has to get boring even for normal people

what made me laugh was when Jinge called Mom and Michelle was oblivious - Jessa had to tell her mother that Jinge needed her 

and Michelle was like that is what I am here for and ran towards her 

ROFL

I disagree. Women should keep their hair at a length that is comfortable for them, I have very long hair and I like it. It's definitely not shoulder length nor does that look good for me.
Everyone should be able to make their own hair choices, what's good for one isn't for another.

About hair- I wash my hair about once a week (I'm not a filthy hippie, I'm a clean hippie, my shampoo is just organic :P) but it's about as clean as everyone else's I know. On days 5-6, it's about as dirty as most people's day 2. Daily hair washing is a really, really recent practice. All those beauty videos that came out in the 30s-50s say, "wash your hair often, about once a week," and all the comments are about how gross only washing your hair once a week is. Well, it takes some getting used to, and it was a little nasty until it adjusted, but after a while, my hair kind of... sorted itself out. And now, my hair is INCREDIBLY easy to style, it's awesome. It stays forever with no hairspray, and holds a curl really well. And it's still squeaky clean. So while it's certainly not for everyone, especially those with oilier hair than me, or those who use a lot of products, it works for me.

I just think Jinger was having a bad hair day, maybe straightened it in a hurry, maybe didn't brush thoroughly. Your hair should be the length you want it, and the length you're able to take care of it at. Ultra-long hair is high maintenance, and if Jinger isn't willing to deep condition, use heat protectant, etc, then it's going to look a little raggedy at the ends. Damaged, irreparable hair should get the chop, but apart from that, wear it at whatever length you like.

Jinger's hair seemed to be several different lengths. I wondered what it would be like if it was evened out. Still, her hair, her choice.

Shoulder length hair looks terrible on me. My hair used to reach the length of my bra strap at the back, and layers shorter towards the front, and that was the best length for me. It took a bit of time and maintenance alright, but my hair used to be my pride and joy. It was my one lil touch of vanity, since there was little I could do to improve my face or figure to feel good about myself. I used to describe my hair as Piper hair , as in Piper from Charmed tv series. I had serious Piper hair envy. Mine was similar but never quite as gorgeous. Unfortunately, now my hair is awful and in bits due to my chronic illness. I go through phases of either losing heaps and heaps of hair and it not growing at all. Now my hair is half the thickness it was. In some ways, I am lucky I had super thick huge head of hair to start with, cos to others the hair loss doesn't look that noticeable. 

Enough rambling my about my once beautiful hair. My point was that hair length is entirely personal thing. I see some people with super short hair that looks really cute and suits them so well, but I know I could never pull off that look. The Piper hair look was what suited me best.

I think Jana's length of hair is shorter than her sisters, but it suits her perfectly. I do admit to being a bit of a fangirl of Jessa's hair.  I would prefer it trimmed more often, just so it looks more healthy and glossy. Maybe a few inches shorter too, but shoulder length hair would not suit Jessa, in my opinion.  Joy has beautiful hair, I think she styles it less and uses less heat products, so it looks the least damaged. Jill's looks a bit messy at times but that fits in with her general style, and it's fine to be not interested in being 100% made up all the time.

I don't agree that certain styles or length should be necessary for everyone. It all depends on hair types, face shape and individual preference. I also hate when I hear that women over a certain age should only wear short hair. Hair is not a one size fits all type of thing. 

1 hour ago, Fundie Bunny said:

I have four daughters, and I love and cherish each and everyone of them as an individual. I sincerely hope that if all four of them decide to get married, I will be just as excited for number four, even if their weddings are all close together. This is obviously not a normal mother/daughter relationship, and I would hope that every "normal" mother would be excited for her daughter.

Jill wasn't getting her hair down though, she was trying on wedding dresses. (Unless she's getting hair done later that day?) Either way, if my hair was greasy and unwashed like that, it would be up in a bun or pony tail. 

3 minutes ago, Imaginary_Wonderland said:

Shoulder length hair looks terrible on me. My hair used to reach the length of my bra strap at the back, and layers shorter towards the front, and that was the best length for me. It took a bit of time and maintenance alright, but my hair used to be my pride and joy. It was my one lil touch of vanity, since there was little I could do to improve my face or figure to feel good about myself. I used to describe my hair as Piper hair , as in Piper from Charmed tv series. I had serious Piper hair envy. Mine was similar but never quite as gorgeous. Unfortunately, now my hair is awful and in bits due to my chronic illness. I go through phases of either losing heaps and heaps of hair and it not growing at all. Now my hair is half the thickness it was. In some ways, I am lucky I had super thick huge head of hair to start with, cos to others the hair loss doesn't look that noticeable. 

Enough rambling my about my once beautiful hair. My point was that hair length is entirely personal thing. I see some people with super short hair that looks really cute and suits them so well, but I know I could never pull off that look. The Piper hair look was what suited me best.

I think Jana's length of hair is shorter than her sisters, but it suits her perfectly. I do admit to being a bit of a fangirl of Jessa's hair.  I would prefer it trimmed more often, just so it looks more healthy and glossy. Maybe a few inches shorter too, but shoulder length hair would not suit Jessa, in my opinion.  Joy has beautiful hair, I think she styles it less and uses less heat products, so it looks the least damaged. Jill's looks a bit messy at times but that fits in with her general style, and it's fine to be not interested in being 100% made up all the time.

I don't agree that certain styles or length should be necessary for everyone. It all depends on hair types, face shape and individual preference. I also hate when I hear that women over a certain age should only wear short hair. Hair is not a one size fits all type of thing. 

I agree with this, except for one small pernickety point. Trimming her hair more frequently will not make Jessa's hair glossier.  

Frequent trims get rid of dead ends, and anyone who wants to grow their hair does not need to trim to a schedule, but only when the ends are looking bad.

Another note about the hair. It could be that Jingers hair looked fine and like it didn't need washed before she left but over the course of the day it got greasy and wind swept/tangled. 

I do this sometimes. I leave the house and my hair seems fine and then bam all of a sudden it's a greasy mess. It's quite noticeable when it's straight, not son much when it's curly. This is because the ends (even though I have really thick hair) go like Jingers in the picture, it makes me very paranoid and in no way means I intentionally left the house with greasy hair. Could be the same for Jinger. 

When I was a freshman in college I was amazed that my roommate washed her hair every single day (she has blonde, straight hair). She was amazed that I put oil into my hair while she had dry shampoo.

She also just ran the blow dryer through her hair for 10 minutes and went to bed. When I wash my hair I gotta clear my schedule. Black hair is no joke. It's very delicate and labour intensive. If I ever tried to wash my hair every day it would fall out of my head. The soonest I wash my hair is a week. I can go 12 days easily (if I'm not sweating and keep it moisturized and wrapped before bed)

I have a pixie cut and I could totally see Jinger rocking it! But we know daddy wouldn't allow that because he likes all his girls to have long hair. She just has the perfect face shape for it. 

As a young wife I had long hair.   Then I had my first baby and thought that my waist length hair was too much work.   Got it cropped off.   Big mistake!   Too much work to deal with all the cowlicks and sticking up parts.   It was much easier to have it long and pin it up.   

I was also told that the older you get the shorter the better.  Nope.   Again with the cowlicks and sticking up.   

At this stage short touching my back collar works for me. 

If I don't wash it every day my hair goes flat and looks nasty.   But because I live in a dry climate I don't wash it on days that I am not going out n public. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived