IGNORED

Tickling the Ivories - Jinger and Jeremy Vuolo

choralcrusader8613

On Friday, January 06, 2017 at 11:52 PM, SweetFellowshipper said:

My friend was a 37 year old virgin for religious reasons. They didn't believe her but finally wrote "virgin" in red pen on her chart at the gyno. 

I hate when doctors don't believe this. A 28yo woman said she was a virgin. She didn't feel the need for sex. Doctor said she was lying. She wasn't. 

On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 7:40 PM, patsymae said:

I"m pretty sure it's part of the protocol and likely demanded by licensing boards and insurers. Because if they gave you something that harmed a fetus without  checking for themselves that you aren't pregnant that would be one hell of a lawsuit. And there are people who think they can't possibly be pregnant who turn out to be. Really I don't see that as a problem.

Yep. Went to the er with pneumonia. Doctor asked me if I was pregnant. I said no. Well they did the test anyway. Doctor came back asking when my last period was. I said I think last month. Then I got a congratulations you're pregnant. It took a few hours for the shock to wear off. 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Toothfairy said:

I hate when doctors don't believe this. A 28yo woman said she was a virgin. She didn't feel the need for sex. Doctor said she was lying. She wasn't. 

Yep. Went to the er with pneumonia. Doctor asked me if I was pregnant. I said no. Well they did the test anyway. Doctor came back asking when my last period was. I said I think last month. Then I got a congratulations you're pregnant. It took a few hours for the shock to wear off. 

My best friend went to the ER.  She was a virgin at the time.  She told the doctor there was no way she was pregnant.  The doctor said "I'd like to believe you, but I don't", and gave her a pregnancy test (and bill) anyway.  

I love the looks on the doc's faces when they ask when my last period was and I tell them sometime in 1991.

Hey I had an idea today! Maybe Jeremy is the fundie equivalent to a "bad boy" and that's why he's so irresistible despite his many "sins". Lol

59 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You guys weren't kidding about Jinger's hair in the Counting On thread. It looks so dirty.

tumblr_ojxsibUdvx1r9t2zdo8_1280.png

She needs a brush or a comb. That sounds rude but my hair tangles the same way in the wind, and you just need to give it a good brush. 

Jinger's hair looks stringy to me.  It needs a good trim, the right treatments and a brush,  Her hair doesn't look like it is curly/wavy enough to eschew the brush and comb.

25 minutes ago, WhoompThereItIs said:

she needs to chop it off at shoulder length.  

THIS! She & Jana do no have the thick luscious hair that Jill, Jessa & Joy have.  My daughter has hair like her hers, she WANTS it long like this but this is how it looks when she grows it out, so she keeps it at a length where it just hits the top of her bra strap. If it gets much longer than that it looks gross and stringy. I FINALLY got her to start using conditioner about a year ago, so that is helping her hair, but her hair is really oily while at the same time she has dry flaky scalp, so she doesn't like conditioner because it makes her scalp to oily.  My friend & hair stylist has hooked her up with some good product and it is getting better but it is going to take a long time to fix the damage because her hair grows super slow.  I know it is expensive, and I have to budget it fore it carefully, but only use salon bought shampoo, conditioner, leave in tonic.  I buy drug store Anti Frizz and mouse because she said it won't damage your hair but it won't help it either, like some of the higher quality stuff can.  But I'm currently spending $60ish dollars a month on hair care as it is. We off set this by only getting our hair cuts every 4 to 5 months.  We both have long hair, but mine is thick and curly and her's is just like Jinger's after'she's been out side.  

51 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Jinger's hair looks stringy to me.  It needs a good trim, the right treatments and a brush,  Her hair doesn't look like it is curly/wavy enough to eschew the brush and comb.

She needs to cut it up to that white line across her back, get some really good shampoo, conditioner and anti frizz product, learn how to blow her hair out properly so she doesn't even need a straightener or curling iron most days.  That will help her hair so much. 

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

You guys weren't kidding about Jinger's hair in the Counting On thread. It looks so dirty.

tumblr_ojxsibUdvx1r9t2zdo8_1280.png

In her defense, if she was contemplating an updo, hairstylists often ask that you don't have freshly washed (and dried) hair because it is too slippery to get it to stay in the pins.

1 hour ago, nolongerIFBx said:

In her defense, if she was contemplating an updo, hairstylists often ask that you don't have freshly washed (and dried) hair because it is too slippery to get it to stay in the pins.

That's weird, because I wore my hair up for years and always put it up wet. Pins will stay in if they are the right pins.  There are some crappy hair pins out there.  Goody, I'm looking at you!

IMO, the only one that has really good hair for wearing long is Joy. Hers looks so think and full. The rest of the older girls' hair all need a good chopping.

Although Jill, for some reason, looks better after her time at home. Something about her skin...

Jana- beautiful as always.

JB certainly could spring for a Derm. consult for most of his adult kids.

I hope I didn't just come up with a possible episode for season 4-

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

IMO, the only one that has really good hair for wearing long is Joy. Hers looks so think and full. The rest of the older girls' hair all need a good chopping.

Although Jill, for some reason, looks better after her time at home. Something about her skin...

Jana- beautiful as always.

JB certainly could spring for a Derm. consult for most of his adult kids.

I hope I didn't just come up with a possible episode for season 4-

they have already done the beauty parlor episode already 

Jill was back to her old self of talking over everybody 

that what was missing last season 

23 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Daughter thought she had the flu (right after Katrina)ad went to the ER (only 2 were open) and before they even let her see a doctor, asked her to "pee in the little cup".  Yep, she was pregnant.  Got to the  OB quickly and he prescribed a med to curtail the morning sickness.  Hospital wanted to protect themselves because (I guess) there were a lot of pregnancies after K.

Does Jessa have extensions?  Sometimes her hair looks a lot longer in a short amount of time and yet it is curled, how is it possible for hair to grow that fast?!  Pic below shows her with long hair thats still pretty thick at the ends and lot of volume around the crown, indicative of teasing to hide the wefts.  

Also when she wears a ponytail you can see her hair line is very far back..alot of times, besides genetics, its from wearing ponytails too tight and too long, the weight of the hair causes hair loss.  

but I guess the length could be from her never cutting a significant amount off before.  When I was a kid i had really long hair and in third grade I got a "mushroom cut" I regretted.  My hair was never able to get as long as it was before.  

jdhe.jpg

I think that was all Jessa's hair but it's very possible. 

Jinger is frying her ends with the flat iron. I watched her hair video and was shocked she didn't section, comb or use a proper heat protectant before straightening. 

I'm not judging though, hair can be tricky to finally get a hold of. I hope she uses the many online resources like YouTube to learn how to take better care of her hair. It definitely need a trim. Maybe she should do some research and invest in different products. Or have a consultation.

1 hour ago, Jenesis said:

Does Jessa have extensions?  Sometimes her hair looks a lot longer in a short amount of time and yet it is curled, how is it possible for hair to grow that fast?!  Pic below shows her with long hair thats still pretty thick at the ends and lot of volume around the crown, indicative of teasing to hide the wefts.  

Also when she wears a ponytail you can see her hair line is very far back..alot of times, besides genetics, its from wearing ponytails too tight and too long, the weight of the hair causes hair loss.  

but I guess the length could be from her never cutting a significant amount off before.  When I was a kid i had really long hair and in third grade I got a "mushroom cut" I regretted.  My hair was never able to get as long as it was before.  

jdhe.jpg

This is a very old picture- before for she was married.

4 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

That's weird, because I wore my hair up for years and always put it up wet. Pins will stay in if they are the right pins.  There are some crappy hair pins out there.  Goody, I'm looking at you!

I never heard the pin thing, but I have heard that when your hair isn't recently washed, the natural oil can help the hair be properly molded and not get static-y. At least that's what I've been told the couple of times I've gotten my hair styled for a wedding or formal event.

23 minutes ago, lomo6 said:

I never heard the pin thing, but I have heard that when your hair isn't recently washed, the natural oil can help the hair be properly molded and not get static-y. At least that's what I've been told the couple of times I've gotten my hair styled for a wedding or formal event.

Yes, I work at a hair salon and we specifically request people to come in with "dirty" hair for both this reason and the pin reason too. Freshly blown out or too clean hair is slick, and if you're doing an intricate updo, it won't look as good or have the longevity you'll want it too. 

Jinger could definitely benefit from a good trim and better products. Her hair looks awfully heat damaged, though I guess that isn't too much of a surprise. 

3 hours ago, Jenesis said:

Does Jessa have extensions?  

Oh my, this again? If there's something we can'te argue about the Duggars is that Jessa has great and fabulous hair. That picture is over 2 years old,  from her engagement session

I have hair that is sadly like Jinger's. Its curly, thin and a hot mess if its straightened in a hurry.  My dude likes it long, so being that its the one thing I don't fight him on, I keep it all flowy like. I get the struggle, but girrrrrl the damage.  Also, I totally rock the five head thing too. Is it because of pony tails, maybe. I work as a psych nurse in a hospital and you really need to bun up your hair for that, but I am going with genetics to help. I still want her hair. If those are extensions she needs to hook a girl up.

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

She needs a brush or a comb. That sounds rude but my hair tangles the same way in the wind, and you just need to give it a good brush. 

Exactly. A quick comb and it would have been fine.

We all have bad hair days. 

5 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I think that was all Jessa's hair but it's very possible. 

Jinger is frying her ends with the flat iron. I watched her hair video and was shocked she didn't section, comb or use a proper heat protectant before straightening. 

I'm not judging though, hair can be tricky to finally get a hold of. I hope she uses the many online resources like YouTube to learn how to take better care of her hair. It definitely need a trim. Maybe she should do some research and invest in different products. Or have a consultation.

She used a heat protector in her strightening video. She said she uses more than most people.

On Monday, January 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM, Malizabeth said:

My best friend went to the ER.  She was a virgin at the time.  She told the doctor there was no way she was pregnant.  The doctor said "I'd like to believe you, but I don't", and gave her a pregnancy test (and bill) anyway.  

I think this is rude but understand doctors don't wan't lawsuits

I think only Joy and Jessa inherited Michelle's very thick hair. Jana, Jill and Jinger have thinner hair and Jill and Jinger should definately chop it of 10 inches. Jana already has shorter hair than the rest of the girls, am I right?

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived