IGNORED

Lori Alexander 13: Transformed and Still Judgey

choralcrusader8613

It warms my cold little heart to know that @Kenis most likely reading this (and every) Lori thread, because of COURSE he would not allow her to read here....

CURTAIN OPENS on an office, tidy, but not spotless. An older, Godly woman sits in front of a desktop computer while a skeevy guy with facial hair sits in a ratty recliner with a laptop.

LORI: I have the most wonderful notebook doodle to put on my Facebook account. It's sure to go VIRAL again and won't that show those other women that they aren't TRUE CHRISTIANS?

KEN: distractedly, whilst logging into FJ  Uh, yeah, yeah, babes. Sure.

LORI: crosses to KEN and sits on the arm of his chair, draping herself into his personal space You don't think it's too....naughty?

KEN: still distracted No, not at all. You aren't teaching men, after all.

LORI: standing I just feel like I'm so much more GODLY after one of those notebook doodles. I'm teaching women to be doormats!

KEN: Babes? BABES. That...website....is talking about you again.

LORI: THE DAILY MAIL?????

KEN: Uh, no...the other one. 

LORI: Why won't you let me read there, Kenny-poo?

KEN: It's VULGAR, babes. These women just want to attack you, and my White Horse of Truth and walls o' text have no effect on their secular machinations. 

LORI: pouts like a 2 year old Well, will you at least tell me which Facebook posts they are talking about?

KEN: Sure, babes. 

LORI: crosses to desktop computer I delete thee in the name of the LORD!!

AAAAAND scene.

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

It warms my cold little heart to know that @Kenis most likely reading this (and every) Lori thread, because of COURSE he would not allow her to read here....

CURTAIN OPENS on an office, tidy, but not spotless. An older, Godly woman sits in front of a desktop computer while a skeevy guy with facial hair sits in a ratty recliner with a laptop.

LORI: I have the most wonderful notebook doodle to put on my Facebook account. It's sure to go VIRAL again and won't that show those other women that they aren't TRUE CHRISTIANS?

KEN: distractedly, whilst logging into FJ  Uh, yeah, yeah, babes. Sure.

LORI: crosses to KEN and sits on the arm of his chair, draping herself into his personal space You don't think it's too....naughty?

KEN: still distracted No, not at all. You aren't teaching men, after all.

LORI: standing I just feel like I'm so much more GODLY after one of those notebook doodles. I'm teaching women to be doormats!

KEN: Babes? BABES. That...website....is talking about you again.

LORI: THE DAILY MAIL?????

KEN: Uh, no...the other one. 

LORI: Why won't you let me read there, Kenny-poo?

KEN: It's VULGAR, babes. These women just want to attack you, and my White Horse of Truth and walls o' text have no effect on their secular machinations. 

LORI: pouts like a 2 year old Well, will you at least tell me which Facebook posts they are talking about?

KEN: Sure, babes. 

LORI: crosses to desktop computer I delete thee in the name of the LORD!!

AAAAAND scene.

I don't know whether to laugh or dry retch. Def a broadway hit lol. 

8 minutes ago, Luvmyskinnyjeanz said:

I don't know whether to laugh or dry retch. Def a broadway hit lol. 

With the big opening number an ode to Titus 2 with dancers in modest plunging necklines. 

3 hours ago, polecat said:

Thanks a lot, you FJers with your peer pressure. I post on FB, and I get banned with my very first posting. See how you are?

Hmph.

I'm banned, too. 

I consider it an accomplishment. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

It's okay. @louisa05 and @polecat I have most of the screen shots. I think I missed polecat's post I have a lot of them, including the woman asking for prayers. 

I just called her out for her snotty "just suffer then" post where she couldn't even be assed to pray for the woman. I guess that didn't sit well with her.

A response to the 14 rules on Lori's Facebook: 

Excellent post!!. I was raised by a very soft spoken mother. I never even heard her raise her voice to my father. He had his faults, but my mother always spoke positively to him and encouraged his strengths not his weak points. I do the same with my husband.

The entire tone of this is that men are somehow childlike and women have to treat them as such. The wife has to "encourage his strengths" as if he is too fragile or immature to be responsible for knowing how to control his own behavior. 

That is the worst part of the whole ideology they teach--it claims men are superior in all things but actually infantilizes them into pitiful beings who can't be expected to have self-control, handle basic self-care/household tasks and will fall apart if not treated like they are the most emotionally fragile creatures on the planet. I'm sorry, but who is the weaker vessel in this picture they paint? The person who can run an entire household and has to keep all emotions and opinions buried or the person who can't be expected to get his own breakfast, handle noise in the house when arriving home from work, do a load of laundry, empathize with another person's emotions or handle a partner having the audacity to disagree with him about the smallest thing?

For some reason I just can't stop thinking about the reader who asked Lori for prayer.  Lori's only response:

Christ suffered for us and asks us to do the same.

Which would make you think that Lori would never ask for prayer.  After all "Christ suffered for us and asks us to do the same".

But when you look back, Lori doesn't mind asking for prayer at all. 

During her daughter's wedding, she felt so poorly she actually considered skipping it all together.  Her solution:

Three weeks before the wedding, I got very sick.  It started with my head pain being almost unbearable.  Then my sensitive gut acted up so I sat around home all day with an ice pack on my head and a heating pad on my gut.  It was getting closer and closer to the wedding and I was not feeling any better.

A week before the wedding, I finally put out an SOS to all my family and friends that I needed prayer so I would feel good enough to go to the wedding.  As the wedding neared, I was barely having any relief.  We were told that the tumor can swell after radiation and this could be causing the pain or my hormones were going wacky from potential damage to my pituitary.  Regardless of the reason, I was thinking I would not be able to go to the wedding.

Surely their response was:

After all, Lori is no stranger to stealing the show by making a big deal of how sick she is, and skipping out on important events in the lives of her family.  She has a whole post dedicated to all of the things she's missed:

I just missed Steven graduating from dental school.  I just missed my best friend's son's wedding.  I have missed many Christmas celebrations, weddings, birthdays, etc. in my life.  I lay at home with an ice pack on my neck while everyone else is having fun.

However, don't feel sorry for me {but I do appreciate prayers!}.  

She appreciates prayers, she says?  But what about:

What I think she really appreciates is being pampered:

I have a giving mother and father who do everything they can to make my life comfortable.  My mom brings me fresh juice, shops for me, and makes salads for me.

my dad was visiting me and gave me a foot massage and read some of My Utmost For His Highest to me as I sat with frozen peas on my head.  

I asked my dad to stop by my favorite health food store and pick up some vegetable soup.

He brought me chicken noodle. No potatoes...I asked Cassi to buy me some potatoes.  The next day I went to put a potato in the oven and all the potatoes were green with brown spots all over them.  No potatoes...

The next day, she bought me some good potatoes and made a big pot of vegetable soup for me.  I couldn't wait to finally have some potatoes.  I went to get some soup and there was not ONE potato in the whole soup!!!  I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.  

This is a woman who is used to receiving lots of attention, pampering, and pity for her health issues, yet if anyone else dares to ask for prayer:

@Koala to make sure the prayer request is saved and to show that Lori Alexander of Always Learning and The Transformed Wife who is the wife of Ken Alexander rebuked a woman asking for prayers, here is the screenshot from Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife Facebook page. 

20170101_105345.png

Here's the other thing.  She is always quipping, "Pain is a great teacher!".  I can't count the times she's said it, but I think it's safe to say it's a motto she lives by when inflicting pain on others.  

She said it again recently to a mother who was bragging about how the only thing her kids understood was pain.

Reader:

It drives me crazy when people say "their Jesus would never strike a child." I'm sorry but if a child was throwing a fit as his feet for no reason, I don't see how he could ignore it. Small children are not rational creatures. They don't understand common sense. They understand disobedience equals pain.

Lori immediately replied:

Pain is a great teacher.

Why then, is Lori always asking for prayers for her pain?  Wouldn't she just assume that God is trying to teach her something and she should suffer?  After all, 

Lori is all about pain and suffering...for others.  She deserves prayer and pampering, everyone else just needs to suck it up.

So Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife continues about the post on obey all men, including boyfriend of 2 weeks. Below is a screenshot. So the sunflower lady starts the post with her and her husband just yells and screams at each other. Lori says that is wrong, sunflower says she knows and she feels bad then we get this exchange. So is someone trolling Lori Alexander The Transformed Wife? Is sunflower trying to set Lori up? :D 20170101_150201.png

Forgot to say, I can't believe the last comment has been up for 24 hours. 

56 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

So Lori Alexander of The Transformed Wife continues about the post on obey all men, including boyfriend of 2 weeks. Below is a screenshot. So the sunflower lady starts the post with her and her husband just yells and screams at each other. Lori says that is wrong, sunflower says she knows and she feels bad then we get this exchange. So is someone trolling Lori Alexander The Transformed Wife? Is sunflower trying to set Lori up? :D 20170101_150201.png

Forgot to say, I can't believe the last comment has been up for 24 hours. 

This should be pointed out as well- The reader very clearly states:

My husband does nothing but yell and scream at the kids

Lori never once addresses this concern.  She simply advises her to stay quiet.

When Ken was here, it was pointed out that Lori could potentially make a dangerous situation even more dangerous, by giving out ridiculous advice to abuse victims.  This woman has described what can only be called emotional abuse, and Lori blithely tells her to stay quiet.

There was another poster from the same thread:

but many of we Christian believing women have experienced that if the husband although church going, lives a secret ungodly life not evident except in wrong treatment towards wife, that abuse escalates and there was a need for a major STOPPAGE of wrong rough and/or ignoring treatments.

Lori:

Have you experienced this?

Reader:

yes

and many others

Now at this point a Godly Mentor might offer some words of wisdom, encouragement, and certainly prayer.  Not Lori though, she just directs her to a blog post (largely written by Storage Sociopath) and moves right along.  No care of concern for the readers well being at all.

Lori:

If so, here is a blog post of mine: 

Literally, that's all she said.  Jilly, at least seemed to care that the reader was crying out for help:

Jilly

Leave and take the children, please keep yourself and children safe! It doesn't mean divorce it just means safe!!! God can work through anything and heal any marriage but be safe and pray, pray and pray! 

Jilly's concern apparently did not serve as a prompt for Lori, because she never chimes back in.  
Has it been said that Lori's "ministry" is dangerous?  If not, let me be the first to say: Lori's advice/lack of advice/callousness is dangerous.  

11 minutes ago, Koala said:

This should be pointed out as well- The reader very clearly states:

My husband does nothing but yell and scream at the kids

Lori never once addresses this concern.  She simply advises her to stay quiet.

Thank you @Koala for the reminder. This is sunflowers full opening post to the above exchange. Lori Alexander The Transformed Wife never addresses the fact the relationship has a big problem. And could be verbally abusive. 

20170101_162209.png

Has Lori never heard of Matthew 5:7? "Where mercy is shown, mercy is given." 

Jesus shows mercy to the woman at the well, the blind man, the thief on the cross and many more. It's what he's about.

Not to mention his sacrifice on the cross.

I don't consider myself a Christian anymore, but I do remember that much.

I don't remember Jesus bringing up submission except unto God. 

Lori is so cruel and unmerciful. She misses the forest for the trees.

I feel like Koala is onto something. Everytime Lori whines about her pain, someone who isn't blocked (yet) should respond, "Pain is a great teacher!" 

1 hour ago, polecat said:

I feel like Koala is onto something. Everytime Lori whines about her pain, someone who isn't blocked (yet) should respond, "Pain is a great teacher!" 

I've wondered why more people don't do that. Then I got blocked. 

14 minutes ago, SweetFellowshipper said:

I've wondered why more people don't do that. Then I got blocked. 

I'm feeling like "blocked by Lori" should be a user title here. How many of us are there? 

Is today's post supposed to be a joke?

Besides being modest in how we clothe ourselves, modesty means being modest in how much money we spend on ourselves. We don’t need the latest and greatest fashions since this world isn’t our home.

A perfect example of this?  Writing an entire blog post (complete with pictures) entitled, "My Brand New eShakti Dress".

Then there's her brag about her expensive sunglasses (I just grab them when they're on sale for $5 at Wal-mart).

In a post called "My Ray Ban Sunglasses", Lori says:

They are expensive but Oh...so comfortable! 

She continues:

Cassi told me that she needs a new pair of sunglasses.  Hers are too big and constantly fall off of her head.  They were cheap, but now she needs a good pair since she is a server outside at a nice resort nearby.  I told her to get some Ray Bans because they are wonderful, even though they are expensive.  I told her how I took such good care of them, because they were so expensive.

And we all remember the time she spent $1500 reupholstering her sofas and took to her blog to brag about it (seemingly unaware that many of her readers probably rely on yard sales and hand me downs for furniture).  Bonus?  She got new carpet too (the special kind that: "never needs to be vacuumed!")

Well, they really aren't brand new, just recovered. They look like brand new, however, and they only cost me $1500! I also got new carpet.

In today's post she says:

We went to Wisconsin this past summer and were planning on staying there for two and a half weeks so I packed enough clothes for that in one suitcase, along with makeup, vitamins, food, pillows, and only brought two pairs of shoes. We ended up staying almost seven weeks

So in a post on modesty, she talks about a 2.5 week vacation turning into a 7 week vacation. Totally doable for your avg. quiverfull home keeper.

Finally we get to what I think is the crux of the post:

Be modest in your exercise. Yes, exercise is beneficial and needed but it doesn’t have to be in the extreme.

Here lately, Lori is obsessed with yoga pants.  To my understanding, her daughter is a representative for a company that sells yoga pants.  

She has mentioned several times recently, that those who can't have children should just foster or adopt, seemingly oblivious of her daughter's struggles.

And now we have her admonishing readers to be "modest in their exercise".  What does her daughter do for a living?  She teaches exercise/dance.

I am beginning to think that many of Lori's posts are subtle digs at her own daughter.

Only $1,500! How do you raise a family of six on 30K (like Laine) if you spend $1,500 on just upholstering! I can't stand these women. There was also her "favorite things" posts where she talks about the expensive and really unnecessary things she likes. We are just "passing through" yet Lori sure loves her things. And Lori doesn't exactly live in a modest house either. How easy it is for her to talk. 

25 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Only $1,500! How do you raise a family of six on 30K (like Laine) if you spend $1,500 on just upholstering! I can't stand these women. There was also her "favorite things" posts where she talks about the expensive and really unnecessary things she likes. We are just "passing through" yet Lori sure loves her things. And Lori doesn't exactly live in a modest house either. How easy it is for her to talk. 

This. 

I grew up in a no-frills QF family. We were up to 12 people living in under 1000 sq.ft.  One tiny bathroom, furniture was hand-me-downs, most of our clothing was hand-me-downs... I still feel a bit self-indulgent getting my hair cut at the hairdressers or buying new clothes.  

Instead of all the pontificating she should be thankful for what she has and aim to help the less fortunate. Perhaps she could still develop compassion for people in situations she can't understand, like single motherhood, or (gasp) women having to work outside of the home to support their families for whatever reason.

One of my New Years' resolutions is to avoid Lori's writings. I can do her writings + critique, but not her blog or her facebook page.  They upset me too much. 

Another year of Lori being a heartless bitch. Maybe this is the year Ken will take her blog away from her, not that she actually listens to him. When Ken was here he admitted she did things he didn't like and asked her not to do.  

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Another year of Lori being a heartless bitch. Maybe this is the year Ken will take her blog away from her. 

One, no, thousands, can only hope.

Funny, I have spent the last few days sending my daughter photos of my new clothes - all bough off the Walmart clearance rack. Each text has had LOTS OF CAPS!!!! AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!! and happy emojis. 

I love me a good bargain. I love it even more when I can say "Walmart!  FIVE DOLLARS!"  Like I just discovered a new planet or something. 

I have a feeling Lori is one of those women who backs away from someone like me and my Walmart bragging ways. You know; the women who are afraid of discount store cooties.  

Side note: none of my new tops has a plunging neckline but we can't have everything. Heh. 

Gross. New doodle up about not interfering with the way a man disciplines his children (especially "his" (quotations marks because they're not his, they're yours, or more accurately, their own damn people, but I digress...) sons. Somehow I'm not thinking she's referring to non-corporal punishments. 

Sorry, Lori, but if my partner were wailing on my kids, I'd put it a stop to it tout suite. You don't need to be abused as a child to grow up to be a tough adult. 

10 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

Funny, I have spent the last few days sending my daughter photos of my new clothes - all bough off the Walmart clearance rack. Each text has had LOTS OF CAPS!!!! AND EXCLAMATION POINTS!! and happy emojis. 

I love me a good bargain. I love it even more when I can say "Walmart!  FIVE DOLLARS!"  Like I just discovered a new planet or something. 

I have a feeling Lori is one of those women who backs away from someone like me and my Walmart bragging ways. You know; the women who are afraid of discount store cooties.  

Side note: none of my new tops has a plunging neckline but we can't have everything. Heh. 

They had the best sweaters for 9.99 each this year.  I stocked up on those.  I won't even consider buying jeans anywhere else, and they always have petite (I am only 5 ft.).

Besides being modest in how we clothe ourselves, modesty means being modest in how much money we spend on ourselves. We don’t need the latest and greatest fashions since this world isn’t our home. We are strangers and aliens just passing through and there are more important things to spend our money on than fancy clothes and the vanities of this life. Besides, how many clothes do you really enjoy wearing? I have heard that 10% of the clothes that people own are worn 90% of the time!

We went to Wisconsin this past summer and were planning on staying there for two and a half weeks so I packed enough clothes for that in one suitcase, along with makeup, vitamins, food, pillows, and only brought two pairs of shoes. We ended up staying almost seven weeks and I did great with the amount of clothes I had. It was so easy to decide what to wear each day and we had so fewer clothes to clean! Many of us have way more than we need and so give away everything you don’t use or wear and stop buying stuff.

I don't understand all this 'worldly' crap.  Why even go to Wisconsin then?  I mean, are we aliens supposed to enjoy our brief trip through this life on this planet that is not our home or not? If not, then why get Ray Bans?  Why get anything?  She's confusing me with her mixed messages.

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived