IGNORED

Whitney and Zach Bates- Part 2

samurai_sarah

On 2/10/2017 at 10:45 AM, fish_ca said:

In their universe everything outside is deadly dangerous: speeding, bike theft,  breaking into garage...and meeting feminists.

What happens if he pulls someone over for speeding only to find out the driver is a scantily clad woman?  Does he look at his shoes while speaking to her?  Pray under his breath for her repentance?

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

What happens if he pulls someone over for speeding only to find out the driver is a scantily clad woman?  Does he look at his shoes while speaking to her?  Pray under his breath for her repentance?

He'll ask Jesus for strength to not be swayed by vixens. Then he'll go home to Whitney and confess the harrowing encounter.

On 2/3/2017 at 1:07 PM, fish_ca said:

In case you miss the bow there is a print on her dress (?) SWEET GIRL :pb_lol:

And its actually purple... I only know that because I bought that same outfit for my niece, lol

On 2/11/2017 at 5:24 PM, season of life said:

Whitney is dramatic when it comes to Zach and his job. You'd think this guy was being deployed to Iraq the way she writes about him. I'm sure she is proud and there is nothing wrong about praying for his safety, but Whitney shouldn't be so obsessed with the idea of Zach dying/being injured.

Yeah, that's what I don't get. It's not like it's a big city where there are tons of crime. After having lived in a small town and knowing the small town police officers, something bad could happen but it's not that likely. I wouldn't say their wives are home saying the rosary or anything.

On 2/11/2017 at 5:52 AM, actuallyjessica said:

Still not good enough for some. His upbringing will follow him wherever he goes no matter how hard he strays from the path of which he was raised.

Other then kissing Whitney before marriage; how has Zach strayed off the Bates family path? 

I know someone caught a glance of R-rated movies like Taken in Zach's house. But besides kissing Whitney before their wedding and having those DVDs, I don't really see him trying to raise his kids differently than his parents.

17 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Other then kissing Whitney before marriage; how has Zach strayed off the Bates family path? 

Zach met Whitney while she was working a pretty secular job, they didn't jump straight into a courtship, Zach has an actual job, not just a pretend Gothard-approved one, but a career that is to be respected. He and Whitney have said they are going to allow their children to watch TV and movies, not just things like Veggie tales that the Duggars seem to be OK with. There's also R-rated movies in their home which have been seen in the background pictures posted via social media.

We don't know what goes on inside their homes unless it is shown or they talk about it, so the other couples may also have similar ideals and there may be more to Zach and Whitney we don't know about or haven't seen, but the things mentioned above are the things we know for sure.

Crown College School of Cosmetology's Salon is now open for business, offering hair, nails and waxing. I swear to God if any FJers in East Tennessee are willing to take one for the team and get a Jesus-approved bikini wax from Josie Bates, I will pay for it!

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Crown College School of Cosmetology's Salon is now open for business, offering hair, nails and waxing. I swear to God if any FJers in East Tennessee are willing to take one for the team and get a Jesus-approved bikini wax from Josie Bates, I will pay for it!

Waxing? only with a chaperone.

That Salon will produce fundie clones. Too much hairspray, too much curls, too much pink nail varnish. And green eyeliner...

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Lord do I wish I lived closer, because I would totally freaking do this. 

On 2/10/2017 at 4:36 AM, Melissa1977 said:

She's writing af if Zach was going to war. Don't get me wrong, being a policeman can be dangerous but they live in a quiet country area. I know policemen and policewomen and none of them are drama queens about their job, nor are their partners.

She reminds me of Jill in this respect ... Jill constantly worrying about Derick's safety in SCA and how they "have to talk about things other newlyweds don't" (or something like that). These women are so helpless it makes me sad. Granted, Whitney seems to have more backbone than Jill, and I have wayyyyy more respect for Zach than for Derick, but both men did choose their "careers". A police officer is a career, obviously, and one to be respected, but Zach is not in a war zone. He will confront more women in revealing outfits than murders. As for Derick? He fucking choose to drag his family to SCA and wander around to try to preach in a language he doesn't know. I don't wish harm on either men or either family, but these are choices, and the one to spout about Jesus in another country is just pathetic.

To be fair to Whitney, she had an unstable childhood.  Now things are stable, she's got a husband and kids, but her husband works a job which (while not as risky as an NYC cop) is riskier than other jobs.  I'm sure there's a part of her terrified of loosing what she has, and waiting for the other shoe to drop/something to happen to her nice life with a house, husband and kids.

12 hours ago, fish_ca said:

Waxing? only with a chaperone.

That Salon will produce fundie clones. Too much hairspray, too much curls, too much pink nail varnish. And green eyeliner...

I'm thinking it's a safe bet that there will be no Brazilian wax on offer!

On 12/2/2017 at 10:04 PM, Carm_88 said:

Yeah, that's what I don't get. It's not like it's a big city where there are tons of crime. After having lived in a small town and knowing the small town police officers, something bad could happen but it's not that likely. I wouldn't say their wives are home saying the rosary or anything.

Yep, they said that to Lori Grimes and look how Rick ended :pb_lol:

The idea of combining bikini waxing and ministry is so hilarious I sit here in my sofa snickering at the thought. I see a dramatic bible reading with the dramatic moments lining up with having the wax pulled off... When everything is done you will get a pamplet "Do you know where you go when you die (wherever it is make sure to always have your snatch waxed so you are ready)?"

I wonder if they have a poster on the wall of approved haircuts for women. Like they'd refuse to give you a pixie cut or something because you might look like man. 

33 minutes ago, Mela99 said:

I wonder if they have a poster on the wall of approved haircuts for women. Like they'd refuse to give you a pixie cut or something because you might look like man. 

Oooooh! Such a shame I live so far away. I'm getting my Gothard length hair cut off into kind of a slightly grown-out pixie/short bob style this weekend. I'd love to see their faces!

On one hand its sweet.  On the other hand its creepy, its the start of purity culture, of dad's having (and guarding) his daughter's heart until he gives it to his husband.

My dad adores me, he'd never think of making me a valentine's card.

I always got card/candy/flowers from my parents and grandparents for Valentine's Day so I see nothing creepy. Though, writing out a long thing to a 1 year old seems like a waste, but maybe they'll save it in her baby book and she can read it one day. 

However, if Bradley did not get an equal Valentine then I think it is BS and probably part of the whole "daddy keeping her heart" purity grossness. 

My husband got a little Valentine's teddy for our daughter (she's our only child) and I know several dads who get Valentines for their kids. I will say, it's usually for the daughters, but I think that's just because it's the social norm that you buy stuff for the girls, and they don't put much thought into it beyond that. I don't think there's anything creepy about it. In my husband's case, it's just because he loves his little girl. None of that "I'm the keeper of her heart" BS.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived