IGNORED

Another Duggar courting- Joy and Austin, Pt3

SassyPants

1 hour ago, Casserole said:

While I do think it's very possible, even likely, that Joy and Austin are already engaged, I don't think the Duggars would skew the timeline so much as to have them get married before the engagement is officially announced. Especially not with loudmouth "friends" like J-Rod. 

I totally agree.  I think that the whole thing may have been in the works for years, and that Joy is very happy about it all.  It appears to me that this is the perfect situation for her: Camp Rock, the outdoors, etc.  I do find Austin's parents a wee bit scary, however, and I wish she'd wait a couple of years before marrying...

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/8/2016 at 4:33 PM, justmy2cents said:

That Instagram post is referencing the Day Family, Marcus and Leah and their 8 kids. Maybe one of those kids getting married though they haven't been married 20 years yet. That's all the info I could glean because the Instagram is private.

I think Krista is close to the older Duggar sisters.  I believe she helped plan JInger's wedding.

I poked around a bit on this family and they seem to be living, or lived at some point, in John David's house. So I guess he's still in the TTH, which some members have speculated on.

Good god, could this get any creepier? The Duggars seem to be getting a ton on leghumpers being able to toe the line and become insiders. I imagine  most of these people were like the Seewalds and came in during the heydey of 19 Kids. I do imagine that the Duggars shut the door on newbies after Joshgate (pick one), and no new friends are forthcoming. 

16 hours ago, halcionne said:

I poked around a bit on this family and they seem to be living, or lived at some point, in John David's house. So I guess he's still in the TTH, which some members have speculated on.

Wow. HOw did you find all that info? 

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Good god, could this get any creepier? The Duggars seem to be getting a ton on leghumpers being able to toe the line and become insiders. I imagine  most of these people were like the Seewalds and came in during the heydey of 19 Kids. I do imagine that the Duggars shut the door on newbies after Joshgate (pick one), and no new friends are forthcoming. 

Krista has been friends with them for years. She met them during college somehow, before the Joshates...love that term lol 

9 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Has anyone found out who the girl in christmas coral video and walking next to joseph in the wedding pics is?

That's one of the Caldwell girls. 

Just a reminder that if you choose to be creepy and do things like calling venues to try to figure out details of a wedding that hasn't been made public, you need to leave FJ out of it. Don't mention us to anyone, and don't post about it. We snark on public things. We won't enable stalking.

11 hours ago, eveandadam said:

Has anyone found out who the girl in christmas coral video and walking next to joseph in the wedding pics is?

It's Kendra Caldwell, the eldest daughter of Paul and Christina Caldwell. Paul is the pastor at Lighthouse Baptist Church, which the Duggars are currently attending. I think she's 17.

@newyorkgirl52 I found the Day family on one of those white pages type of website. No idea if the address is current. At first I thought maybe they had bought the cat house because its address is very similar to JD's house. I was surprised to see that the address is indeed JD's place, which is a couple of doors down from the Dillards' old place.

Has it been confirmed that the Duggars attend there? The website for Lighthouse Baptist Church is not very welcoming, haha. I guess it would make sense. They don't want people attending just to see the Duggar family. I'm curious how many attendees they have. 

On the JD house topic, I knew there was no way he was living out on his own. That's so strange to be his age and still sharing a room with children. I guess with all of his jobs, he at least gets a lot of time out of the house.

One of the Duggars, I think it was Jim Bob, said they were attending a church where the pastor had seven children and then there are the photos of Duggars and Caldwells.  There aren't dozens of IFB churches even in NWA so it was relatively easy to cross identify. 

45 minutes ago, halcionne said:

I don't know if it's been confirmed. I read it here, maybe originally from @AnnaRuk09

I've seen pics of the Duggars at the lighthouse baptist church. I can't remember where I saw them, but I remember seeing the location tag that indicated it was at lighthouse baptist church. And like @Coconut Flan mentioned, there have been many pics with the Duggs an Caldwells together (that connection would explain the possible Joe courtship rumors). Also, many of the Duggar's friends have been pictured at the church and attend there like Joy's boyfriend Austin, the Pattons (I believe), Hannah Reber, and I've seen Tim and Francia white there as well.  

I'm pretty sure Jill/Derick don't go there or Ben/Jessa. Does anyone know where they go? Does Jill go to Cross Church? It feels as though Cross Church is slightly more mainstream and more modern than the Duggar's closely knit Baptist church and I know it's one of those large chain churches with all their fancy brochures and websites and stuff. 

Derick is always pictured at Cross Church and Jill was shown in a Bible study there.  It's mainline Southern Baptist.  Ben and Jessa are somewhat more cagey about where they go. 

So if the eldest Caldwell girl is 17 then they are probably not done having children, right? There is a youtube account for paul caldwell with a picture of him holding his pregnat wife's belly.

If Kendra is courting Joseph, they are around 3 years apart, and, dare I say, they would look well together, you know what I mean? Like Jill and Derick, they just look good together, even a little bit alike.

The more courtships I hear of, the more out of place or weirder the relationship between Jessa and Ben seems. It really feels like it was an oops, oh no now it's too late to cancel the engagement/wedding, kind of thing.

All the other courtships and marriages seem more solid, EVEN the Josiah and Marjorie courtship!

38 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

The more courtships I hear of, the more out of place or weirder the relationship between Jessa and Ben seems. It really feels like it was an oops, oh no now it's too late to cancel the engagement/wedding, kind of thing.

This, exactly. He's always seemed so out of place. I almost think she was just so eager to be married that she went with the first reasonable prospect to come along. It doesn't seem like either of them are super happy, they're just going through the motions.

3 hours ago, pancakes said:

This, exactly. He's always seemed so out of place. I almost think she was just so eager to be married that she went with the first reasonable prospect to come along. It doesn't seem like either of them are super happy, they're just going through the motions.

Just curious: why does he seem out of place? I'm happy she married someone from "outside." 

10 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Derick is always pictured at Cross Church and Jill was shown in a Bible study there.  It's mainline Southern Baptist.  Ben and Jessa are somewhat more cagey about where they go. 

That would be interesting if Bin and Jessa went somewhere else. I just assumed they would go with the elder duggars since Bin works for them, and they seem to spend a lot of time with the family. I'm glad Jill goes to Cross; at least there she can continue her interactions with non fundies.

8 hours ago, newyorkgirl52 said:

Just curious: why does he seem out of place? I'm happy she married someone from "outside." 

First: He is around 2.5 years younger than Jessa, in a patriarchal society, this is a really bad situation for the woman (financially)

Second: they started courting when he was 17 (which isn't even late teens, imho) and she was 20.

All the other courtships had the men being a few years, or even 7 years (in jinjer's case) older than the woman. (ok, josh and anna were both 20, but he is older than her).

third: he is not form ouside. they visited the duggar church before they started courting. they have 7 children. why is he considered from "outside"?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

First: He is around 2.5 years younger than Jessa, in a patriarchal society, this is a really bad situation for the woman (financially)

Second: they started courting when he was 17 (which isn't even late teens, imho) and she was 20.

All the other courtships had the men being a few years, or even 7 years (in jinjer's case) older than the woman. (ok, josh and anna were both 20, but he is older than her).

third: he is not form ouside. they visited the duggar church before they started courting. they have 7 children. why is he considered from "outside"?

Ben was actually 18 already. Still way too young. And Jeremy is 6 years older, not 7.

It's really interesting that the Duggar girls all married husbands who went into seminary/missionary work (whether it was before or after the marriage). The Bates girls' husbands all have actual non-religious jobs. I wonder why that is?

7 hours ago, eleanora3 said:

It's really interesting that the Duggar girls all married husbands who went into seminary/missionary work (whether it was before or after the marriage). The Bates girls' husbands all have actual non-religious jobs. I wonder why that is?

We have heard a lot about how the Bates family struggled financially before the show. I think the girls chose men who they knew would do what was necessary to financially support their family. I think they did not want to go back to struggling. It's the same reason Zach likely went into law enforcement. It's a good paycheck with great benefits. They can't depend on the show forever.

I think the Duggar girls assume the show will last forever and provide For the lifestyle of which they have become accustomed. They know their parents have a lot of money/real estate and the days of struggle are over. The show was lost and a new show was started after the Josh scandal. Why would they think the gravy train would ever end? They can afford to be non-paycheck or low paycheck missionaries or preachers. 

7 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I think the Duggar girls assume the show will last forever and provide For the lifestyle of which they have become accustomed. They know their parents have a lot of money/real estate and the days of struggle are over. The show was lost and a new show was started after the Josh scandal. Why would they think the gravy train would ever end? They can afford to be non-paycheck or low paycheck missionaries or preachers. 

I think as the young ones get old enough to marry, they will start marrying men with real jobs. Although, with all of the money from TLC, their real estate holdings, their books, their speaking at events, their future specials - they will probably have enough money to sustain their lifestyles, especially if they are all staying close to home and living in cheap, cheap Arkansas.

On 12/10/2016 at 1:15 PM, newyorkgirl52 said:

Wow. HOw did you find all that info? 

Krista has been friends with them for years. She met them during college somehow, before the Joshates...love that term lol 

That's one of the Caldwell girls. 

Who are the Caldwells? I somehow have missed them.....

On 12/4/2016 at 4:57 AM, imokit said:

Have we spoken about no hand holding until engagement?

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/joy.anna.duggar.and.austin.forsyths.courtship.rules.no.holding.hands.until.engagement/102442.htm

Does this mean that once they get engaged they'll do Josh & Anna's creepy hand sex thing?

I can't imagine how repressed you have to be to find hand holding too sexual and tempting to do before marriage.

On 12/10/2016 at 3:08 PM, AnnaRuk09 said:

I've seen pics of the Duggars at the lighthouse baptist church. I can't remember where I saw them, but I remember seeing the location tag that indicated it was at lighthouse baptist church. And like @Coconut Flan mentioned, there have been many pics with the Duggs an Caldwells together (that connection would explain the possible Joe courtship rumors). Also, many of the Duggar's friends have been pictured at the church and attend there like Joy's boyfriend Austin, the Pattons (I believe), Hannah Reber, and I've seen Tim and Francia white there as well.

Plus JRod outed it as the church she went to with them after Jinger's wedding. 

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived