IGNORED

The Seewalds, Part Nine: And Baby Makes Four

FundieFarmer

Mittelschmerz is also the real medical name in English. Not all medical terms adequately describe everyone's experience, but they're still the real names. 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

I am going to say Jeremy is going to be favorite son in law. He does something professionally (or did?), he is "born again" so he gives the Duggars this false look of tolerance, and he's a southern baptist preacher man. Jeremy gives Jim Bob Family, Inc. a new angle. "We are so worldly! See our daughter marrying an ATHLETE? He is a sinner who has repented! We are so tolerant of his torrid past! We don't live in the past anyway! See how Jesus has changed him! Praise! Hallelujah! Rejoice! Jesus loves the little children!" 

I'm not so sure. ATI is losing members all the time, which makes the possibility of gaining a Gothardite spouse difficult. Since the SBC is getting more conservative, its members are probably worthy enough in JB's eyes to court his spawn. Fundies always love to play up what sinners they were before their conversation experience, which is why we keep hearing Michelle go on about her "sinful past" as an ordinary small town cheerleader or how JB used to be into heavy metal music, which frankly, I don't believe. Jeremy's supposedly wild and crazy past is simply grist for the mill. If a Duggar marries an astrophysicist or a yoga instructor, maybe we can talk about them being "tolerant."

5 hours ago, Fundie Bunny said:

Have you tried cleaning your home just for the sake of cleaning it? There's nothing that feels more grown up than that :pb_lol:

Well I did buy a toilet yesterday. That felt pretty grown up. Probably would have felt more so if my mother hadn't said she'd give it to us as a moving in present ...

16 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

I'm not so sure. ATI is losing members all the time, which makes the possibility of gaining a Gothardite spouse difficult. Since the SBC is getting more conservative, its members are probably worthy enough in JB's eyes to court his spawn. Fundies always love to play up what sinners they were before their conversation experience, which is why we keep hearing Michelle go on about her "sinful past" as an ordinary small town cheerleader or how JB used to be into heavy metal music, which frankly, I don't believe. Jeremy's supposedly wild and crazy past is simply grist for the mill. If a Duggar marries an astrophysicist or a yoga instructor, maybe we can talk about them being "tolerant."

KJB into heavy metal -- ha!  :dramallama-nanner: Headbanging would mess up his helmet hair.  But I suppose our boy from Arkansas couldn't confess any sins toward which he was truly inclined... KJB would never be someone prone to lust. :2wankers:

If anyone is curious about Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches, there is a wonderfully explicit and shockingly horrifying book called I Fired God, by Jocelyn R. Zichterman.  Please note the "Independent" in the name, so all those churches are maybe just a smidgen different -- or maybe quite different, depending on the clergy involved.  It's not Jeremy's SBC, but it does cover the lives of a fundamental Baptist family and the horrors endured by the author.  It truly illustrates the depravity possible when a patriarch is almost a sociopath.  Also, it sadly lends credence to the Duggars' old assertion that many (intentionally isolated, excessively "Godly") families deal with incest.

Another good read about fundamentalist families is Girl at the End of the World, by Elizabeth Esther.  Not Baptist, but a fundamentalist, KJV-reading, apocalypse-believing branch of Christianity is covered there. Duggaresque, but based in California.

4 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

Well, your post basically repeated most of what mine said too (minus the "name" which IMO is not a real name and is why I choose to call it ovulation pain...much more accurate of a description than "middle pain.") It's really not a big deal. People repeat things in threads on forums all the time. That's just kind of how it works especially if people are skimming the thread or responding before reading the full thread.  We're ALL guilty of it, I'm sure.

? My post didn't repeat anything, it was a very short two sentences.

I concur that is is not a big deal, which is why I said it was a very minor annoyance. I actually don't see a lot of duplicate posts, maybe its just not as common in the threads I read. But yeah, it definitely happens.

I should have posted ny comment in the Minor Annoyances thread. We all have our pet peeves, I'm sure.

FWIW, I never heard mittelschmertz referred to ovulation or middle pain. My doc called this sensation mittelschmertz.

OK, that's enough mittelschmertzing for one day!

2 hours ago, amandaaries said:

If anyone is curious about Independent Fundamental Baptist Churches, there is a wonderfully explicit and shockingly horrifying book called I Fired God, by Jocelyn R. Zichterman.

I recently read this book and would recommend it.  Truly left me shaking my head

2 minutes ago, xlurker said:

I recently read this book and would recommend it.  Truly left me shaking my head

Imma download this, it has been recommended several times. IFB is a rabbit hole too, take a look at the "Stuff Fundies Like" FB page which is populated by mostly ex IFB.

21 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

I like the name Milo, because it reminds me of a guy who I worked with in college. His name was Miles and he was SUPER hot. It made going in to work on Saturday game nights much easier to bear when all my friends were out getting drunk and having fun. Man, he was so good looking.

I know triplets who have 13 kids between the 3 of them 1 has a son named Otis, another has a son named Milo, they graduated together this year and the girls all kept their maiden names (each sister had all the kids with 1 partner) and all the kids have their maiden name only 1 is married but he took HER last name (they are also extreme feminists, obviously). So at graduation they called up Milo & Ottis 1 right after the other. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Well I did buy a toilet yesterday. That felt pretty grown up. Probably would have felt more so if my mother hadn't said she'd give it to us as a moving in present ...

For me, it was rocks.  Bags of rocks for the yard.  Rocks are one of the most boring things to buy.  They aren't cool or in any way fun.  But they ARE incredibly heavy, unwieldy, and such a pain to lug into your yard.  

Over $100 down the drain because I didn't have ENOUGH rocks in my yard.  $100 on nature's garbage.  

And yeah, I probably WILL buy more for the back yard, god dammit.  

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Yes, but Jeremy is the first spouse who isn't squeaky clean coming into the fold. They are going to go on and on and on about his past because he's the first person involved with this family who has done anything bad enough to get caught up with the law. You and I know the real motive, but the leg humpers are going to eat this up. 

53 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

They are going to go on and on and on about his past

Don't you think that would get old rather quickly? For your "sins" to be brought up over and over and over... I know when I hear my family start to bring up my "sordid" past from 30-40 years ago, I tell them to zip it. It is no longer part of my life and everyone has heard the same stories multiple times. Except I think my family does it just to be a pain in my a$$, but that is a whole different story.

5 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Don't you think that would get old rather quickly? For your "sins" to be brought up over and over and over... I know when I hear my family start to bring up my "sordid" past from 30-40 years ago, I tell them to zip it. It is no longer part of my life and everyone has heard the same stories multiple times. Except I think my family does it just to be a pain in my a$$, but that is a whole different story.

I do think it'd get very old. Isn't it part of Jeremy's "testimony" though? 

@jacduggar Yes, I do believe it is part of his testimony, but to have JB or anyone else continually bringing it up is a different story. If Jeremy wants to bring it up, that is his choice, but to have JB/Michelle/stupid Ben or anyone else bring it up over and over is just wrong. He did it, he recovered from it, get over it.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Jeremy uses 'his testimony' a lot as a preacher and so is used to it being discussed a lot. I'd be super bothered if my FIL kept bringing something like that up BUT in his case he may think getting 'his testimony' out through the show makes it a great thing! (barf)

3 hours ago, xlurker said:

I read it too and would also recommend it.

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

Yes, but Jeremy is the first spouse who isn't squeaky clean coming into the fold. They are going to go on and on and on about his past because he's the first person involved with this family who has done anything bad enough to get caught up with the law. You and I know the real motive, but the leg humpers are going to eat this up. 

Josh's behaviors are pretty hard to top in a mainline population-

The Duggars have more sin in their own camp to worry too much about how any potential spouse previously lived.

13 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

The Duggars have more sin in their own camp to worry too much about how any potential spouse previously lived.

That's what I'm thinking as well, but the Duggars seem to live in their own reality, where they are the ideal that everyone should strive towards. Didn't Josh say pre-Joshgate 1.0 that his family and the values it embodied would be saved Western civilization or something equally deluded?  I'm sure he still thinks that, even if he's barred from appearing on TV or taking selfies with right-wing politicians.

2 hours ago, jacduggar said:

At this point, do the Duggars have any mainstream (i.e., non-fundie/non-fundie lite) leghumpers out there? Fellow ATIers and IFBer obviously don't care about abuse or anything like that, but I would think any secular or mainline Christians that would have been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt pre-Joshgate aren't going to anymore.

17 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

That's what I'm thinking as well, but the Duggars seem to live in their own reality, where they are the ideal that everyone should strive towards. Didn't Josh say pre-Joshgate 1.0 that his family and the values it embodied would be saved Western civilization or something equally deluded?  I'm sure he still thinks that, even if he's barred from appearing on TV or taking selfies with right-wing politicians.

At this point, do the Duggars have any mainstream (i.e., non-fundie/non-fundie lite) leghumpers out there? Fellow ATIers and IFBer obviously don't care about abuse or anything like that, but I would think any secular or mainline Christians that would have been willing to give them the benefit of the doubt pre-Joshgate aren't going to anymore.

According to their Facebook comments they have some kind of fan base, not sure what that is though. 

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I believe they will talk about it in a way that spins it as a good thing, that Jesus came into his life and made him a better man. I don't think they will use it negatively. 

1 hour ago, Chickenbutt said:

@jacduggar Yes, I do believe it is part of his testimony, but to have JB or anyone else continually bringing it up is a different story. If Jeremy wants to bring it up, that is his choice, but to have JB/Michelle/stupid Ben or anyone else bring it up over and over is just wrong. He did it, he recovered from it, get over it.

In my experience, funsies love to share their testimony every chance they get. I can see Jeremy bringing it up often and Jinger talking about how she loves that he is so open and that Jesus did work on his heart to make him a better man. We are not talking about typical people here. These are the same people who have literally put their lives and the lives of their children in danger for completely selfish motives and televised the entire thing (Josie birth, Jill labor and Izzy birth, Jessa labor and Spurgeon birth). Bringing up the former bad boy gone preacher man? Par for the Duggar course.  

so i read the people magazine tiny article about the seewalds - they discuss blessings and adoptions 

nothing new - they want a lot of kids and want to adopt 

the only thing that i wondered about is the picture - does "jinge" get money from anyone when they publish her photo? 

cause they credit her and TLC 

7 minutes ago, jacduggar said:

According to their Facebook comments they have some kind of fan base, not sure what that is though.

It doesn't really take much to have a fan base these days, though. You can get a fan base just by doing Youtube make-up tutorials, for example. I wish I knew what the cost-benefits analysis of the Duggars were to TLC, because it never ceases to amaze me how a family that hid incest and molestation for over ten years still manages to have a TV show, and are still held up as "role models" by some.  

8 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

It doesn't really take much to have a fan base these days, though. You can get a fan base just by doing Youtube make-up tutorials, for example. I wish I knew what the cost-benefits analysis of the Duggars were to TLC, because it never ceases to amaze me how a family that hid incest and molestation for over ten years still manages to have a TV show, and are still held up as "role models" by some.  

it shocks me every day.  And It disgusts me at the same time.  Yet here we are.  

but the Armour is shrinking a little with the parents you can tell.  They are not as out there as they used to be. And they seem ashamed.  

that's comforting 

although their offspring seem to be vocal. 

One good thing is that Josh is hiding in a corner like the bitch he is. 

Have fun dealing with two very young kids, Jessa. Scratch that, three kids because Ben hasn't truly matured past the teenage stage.

Ben is interesting to me.  Well, that isn't exactly true, because on the show he is boring as F**k, and he comes across as ryan lochte level stupid.  But,  he did finish a 2 year college and I think he graduated with some sort of academic honor, if I remember correctly.  And,  he was apparently good enough to be accepted into Moody Bible Institute, which might not exactly be an intellectual think tank, but I imagine they have some standards for admission.    I think he might just really be a terribly awful public speaker.  Perhaps once the camera goes off he is very different?   

I agree with others assessment that his teenaged crush on Jessa has passed.  I don't know if this means their marriage is in trouble, but he certainly is not over the moon at winning the "prettiest" duggar girl anymore.    I do wonder though, if Jessa doesn't sometimes regret not waiting or going for a more mature man.   I mean, she was widely seen as the pretty one ( though all the girls are beautiful and in my opinion Jessa is nothing special, compared to her sisters).   And I think Jessa really bought into that image as the pretty duggar.  She was the first girl to have a courtship, and Ben looked the part, ( though, talk about fading looks.  That boy peaked at 18).  But if Jessa had been wiser she should have held out and she likely could have found herself with an older, wiser fundie guy with a royal pedigree.    Instead she hitched her wagon to Ben.  Who knows, though maybe Ben and Jeremy will team up and create some sort of fundie superchurch.   

It is harsh to judge ben too much as he still isn't fully formed.

1 minute ago, calimojo said:

Ben is interesting to me.  Well, that isn't exactly true, because on the show he is boring as F**k, and he comes across as ryan lochte level stupid.  But,  he did finish a 2 year college and I think he graduated with some sort of academic honor, if I remember correctly.  And,  he was apparently good enough to be accepted into Moody Bible Institute, which might not exactly be an intellectual think tank, but I imagine they have some standards for admission.    I think he might just really be a terribly awful public speaker.  Perhaps once the camera goes off he is very different?   

I agree with others assessment that his teenaged crush on Jessa has passed.  I don't know if this means their marriage is in trouble, but he certainly is not over the moon at winning the "prettiest" duggar girl anymore.    I do wonder though, if Jessa doesn't sometimes regret not waiting or going for a more mature man.   I mean, she was widely seen as the pretty one ( though all the girls are beautiful and in my opinion Jessa is nothing special, compared to her sisters).   And I think Jessa really bought into that image as the pretty duggar.  She was the first girl to have a courtship, and Ben looked the part, ( though, talk about fading looks.  That boy peaked at 18).  But if Jessa had been wiser she should have held out and she likely could have found herself with an older, wiser fundie guy with a royal pedigree.    Instead she hitched her wagon to Ben.  Who knows, though maybe Ben and Jeremy will team up and create some sort of fundie superchurch.   

It is harsh to judge ben too much as he still isn't fully formed.

we all know what will happen to Ryan Lochte - Brazil jail anyone. As for Ben being fully formed. I think that won't happen because don't forget Jessa is his mother basically and treats him as so. 

2 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

We have upwards of 30% of the country that think Trump is an honest trust worthy Presidential candidate. There is a whole lot of stupid in the world, and I'm guessing they watch a lot of TV. 

2 hours ago, nst said:

we all know what will happen to Ryan Lochte - Brazil jail anyone. As for Ben being fully formed. I think that won't happen because don't forget Jessa is his mother basically and treats him as so. 

Clearly Lochte is an example of someone who is likely never to grow up, but I highly doubt he's going to end up in jail.  It's not worth it to Brazil to attempt to extradite an American citizen over a false police report.  I'm sure, despite protests about it being his travel plan all along, that that is exactly why Lochte got out of Brazil when he did.  That is, I think his lawyer is smarter than he is and got him out of there.  He can afford to pay a large fine and afford to pay a lawyer to appear on his behalf and negotiate one.   Then he'll go on being Lochte.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived