IGNORED

Vision Forum Now Closing, Doug Phillips Still a Tool-Part 2

happy atheist

This kind of stuff upsets me- If you feels it's important to let people know you've 'rubbed elbows' with the high ups in a ministry, you've forgotten what 'ministry' is supposed to be!!!

• Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Doug Phillips Is A Tool's latest update. He's an asshole of cosmic proportions and this "clarification" confirms it.

Re: Kim C.'s comment. Do you really think she wrote this? Seemed to me that it was a little too slick & careful. Wondered if the C's got leaned on to make some type of non-statement statement that would glorify VF but totally not address Doug Phillips Is A Tool or the dismantling of VF Ministries.

Re: Doug Phillips Is A Tool's latest update. He's an asshole of cosmic proportions and this "clarification" confirms it.

Re: Kim C.'s comment. Do you really think she wrote this? Seemed to me that it was a little too slick & careful. Wondered if the C's got leaned on to make some type of non-statement statement that would glorify VF but totally not address Doug Phillips Is A Tool or the dismantling of VF Ministries.

As of right now, The Tool is still Perry's boss. I am sure Kim felt she had to write something if she wanted her husband to keep his job. Rather or not she was pressured is anyone's guess but Kim seems to be enough of a kiss-ass that I could see her acting on her own.

Hm, I wonder ... to whom could he possibly be referring? :think:

No clue. But google is never wrong and google tells me Doug Phillips is a tool.

And yes, I do rejoice in your downfall, I only wish it didn't have to be at the determent of an innocent victim.

I wonder if Doug and Scott are even speaking to each other now. I mean, "apostate"! The more I think of it, the more I can hardly believe he said it.

Kim's sucking up, on the other hand, I can totally believe. And no, Pistol Packin' Mama did not need to be prodded.

I wonder if Doug and Scott are even speaking to each other now. I mean, "apostate"! The more I think of it, the more I can hardly believe he said it.

Kim's sucking up, on the other hand, I can totally believe. And no, Pistol Packin' Mama did not need to be prodded.

Well, Scott is trying to cover his own ass and trying to save his own empire by disassociating himself with Dougie. He doesn't want to go down with the ship. And he was tightly woven with Dougie, very tightly woven, so he's in triage mode.

So the therapy term for what we're seeing from Doug is "trickle truth." Doug reveals a little bit of the truth, sees how it flies, then releases just a little bit more. The offender feels more in control of his deceptions this way, and can justify trickle truth by feeling that it hurts his victims/his public less to hear it in small doses than all at once. (That's usually not true; the family has to integrate and recalibrate everything with each new piece of info and it's very painful, and it goes on much longer)

This trickle truth is very common in adulterers particularly, and in general with anyone who's broken a social contract. If he had a good therapist working with him and Beall, s/he would recognize trickle truth at once and get the whole story out quickly so that they could start healing, making arrangements, or whatever. But since Doug is surrounded by idiots, we're going to have it all in short, painful doses. Great. :roll:

Latisha has weighed in. I wonder if she blame it on microwaves.

She called him a fool, which is only one letter away from saying that Doug a Phillips is a tool.

She sounded pretty pissed, and didn't even blame microwaves/medicine/vaccines/space creatures. Go Latisha!

So the therapy term for what we're seeing from Doug is "trickle truth." Doug reveals a little bit of the truth, sees how it flies, then releases just a little bit more. The offender feels more in control of his deceptions this way, and can justify trickle truth by feeling that it hurts his victims/his public less to hear it in small doses than all at once. (That's usually not true; the family has to integrate and recalibrate everything with each new piece of info and it's very painful, and it goes on much longer)

This trickle truth is very common in adulterers particularly, and in general with anyone who's broken a social contract. If he had a good therapist working with him and Beall, s/he would recognize trickle truth at once and get the whole story out quickly so that they could start healing, making arrangements, or whatever. But since Doug is surrounded by idiots, we're going to have it all in short, painful doses. Great. :roll:

US28dX0.jpg

Anybody else immediately think of this?

A man left his cat with his brother while he went on vacation for a week. When he came back, he called his brother to see when he could pick the cat up. The brother hesitated, then said, “I’m so sorry, but while you were away, the cat died.â€

The man was very upset and yelled, “You know, you could have broken the news to me better than that. When I called today, you could have said he was on the roof and wouldn’t come down. Then when I called the next day, you could have said that he had fallen off and the vet was working on patching him up. Then when I called the third day, you could have said he had passed away.â€

The brother thought about it and apologized.

“So how’s Mom?†asked the man.

“She’s on the roof and won’t come down.â€

No apology to his victim, no apology to the women of Vision Forum. Guess women really don't have any standing in his world.

Reminds me of the NBA player who choked his coach(the name escapes me), and apologized to everyone *but* him--until he was called out on it, then he tossed out a halfhearted "Oh yeah, him too." :twisted:

Almost forgot: Doug Phillips is a :music-tool:

Reminds me of the NBA player who choked his coach(the name escapes me), and apologized to everyone *but* him--until he was called out on it, then he tossed out a halfhearted "Oh yeah, him too." :twisted:

Almost forgot: Doug Phillips is a :music-tool:

When I read the clarification of his resignation, he makes it seem that he really, really, really wants people to know that the sin is a sin of the flesh with a women and not some other sin. I'm guessing that is in response to the speculation that their was monetary shenanigans going on too. Shows how little he thinks of women. What is that Christian doctrine he always preaches again????

**Doug Phillips is a Tool!**

post-76-14451998515363_thumb.jpg

I know this may seem a little OT, but I was just sitting with my daughter and watching the video for Katy Perry's "Roar" on YouTube, and I thought how awesome it would be if the young woman in this situation (and all daughters of patriarchy, for that matter) could take the message of this song to heart. I wonder if it has ever occurred to her how strong and powerful and independent she can be? I once thought i could never have that for myself, but since leaving fundystan I have learned a little more every day that I do have agency and control over my destiny (as much as anyone does LOL), and I fervently hope she finds that message, too.

Even more off topic, red wine makes me sappy :lol:

She called him a fool, which is only one letter away from saying that Doug a Phillips is a tool.

She sounded pretty pissed, and didn't even blame microwaves/medicine/vaccines/space creatures. Go Latisha!

She called him a fool? Whoa, Latisha! Check yourself before you wreck yourself, KJV-only style.

mobile.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A22&version=KJV

I'm not sure why I'm surprised that Latisha is aware of Vision Forum. VF seems a little too high falutin' for Latisha & THE CHAD!!!, what with the trips to Europe and such. The Argons seem more the "hunker down on the compound and keep up with all the latest government conspiracies" type. I mean, she IS a fan of Zsu's.

Makes a lot of sense, but I still have to wonder if there aren't financial shenanigans to be revealed, as well.

Were his sins merely [sic] sexual, he would've resigned from VFM and someone from the board or staff would have been appointed CEO pro tem, .... I mean, wouldn't you think?

Further, were his sins sexual but not financial, there'd be no reason to close down VFM.

I'm thinking that at the very least, he mismanaged the operations so thoroughly that the board realized it might as well throw the whole thing out - CEO and then the entire operation. They're still selling merchandise; in theory the tours and special events might have been re-generated at some point in time.

(Just remembered the stunning climax to some tour of Philadelphia where 30 or 40 of Doug's closest friends and relatives got to ring a replica Liberty Bell, while Doug called out their names - prompted by a very nervous and harried-looking Peter BRADRICK ... wow, the likes of that won't be seen for some time, unless these boo-boos get their act together and set up some more thrill-a-minute conferences..... oh, wait..... :whistle: )

OK, back to serious. I maintain there is at least financial incompetence, and probably malfeasance and outright stealin' from somebody - in addition to Doug's peccadillo.

Final word for now: The fact that he's never apologized to the woman nor her family speaks volumes. He's sorry he got caught, it sounds like; he's not sorry for what he got caught at, and in any case he's finally and ultimately not to blame. You know who is. :angry-banghead:

Makes a lot of sense, but I still have to wonder if there aren't financial shenanigans to be revealed, as well.

Were his sins merely [sic] sexual, he would've resigned from VFM and someone from the board or staff would have been appointed CEO pro tem, .... I mean, wouldn't you think?

Further, were his sins sexual but not financial, there'd be no reason to close down VFM.

I'm thinking that at the very least, he mismanaged the operations so thoroughly that the board realized it might as well throw the whole thing out - CEO and then the entire operation. They're still selling merchandise; in theory the tours and special events might have been re-generated at some point in time.

I don't know. Didn't someone say there was no statue of limitations in Texas? If that's the case and the victim was a minor when this all started they could still sue both him and the ministry for allowing it to go on. But no ministry - no one to sue, no? Someone correct me if I'm wrong there.

(Just remembered the stunning climax to some tour of Philadelphia where 30 or 40 of Doug's closest friends and relatives got to ring a replica Liberty Bell, while Doug called out their names - prompted by a very nervous and harried-looking Peter BRADRICK ... wow, the likes of that won't be seen for some time, unless these boo-boos get their act together and set up some more thrill-a-minute conferences..... oh, wait..... :whistle: )

OK, back to serious. I maintain there is at least financial incompetence, and probably malfeasance and outright stealin' from somebody - in addition to Doug's peccadillo.

Final word for now: The fact that he's never apologized to the woman nor her family speaks volumes. He's sorry he got caught, it sounds like; he's not sorry for what he got caught at, and in any case he's finally and ultimately not to blame. You know who is. :angry-banghead:

I'm with you on this one.

I think it's likely the relationship was revealed and that is what caused his ouster from BCA earlier this year. I wouldn't be surprised if someone within VF then thought if Dougie was a messing around with his wife, he might mess around with money too. Investigation launched...and after several months of investigation they had enough to nail Dougie. An opportunity was presented for him to "resign" and still save some face by only admitting to the relationship with the threat that if Dougie tried to pull a fast one VF would come out with info on the financial issues.

That is my theory at least. YMMV

When I read the clarification of his resignation, he makes it seem that he really, really, really wants people to know that the sin is a sin of the flesh with a women and not some other sin. I'm guessing that is in response to the speculation that their was monetary shenanigans going on too. Shows how little he thinks of women. What is that Christian doctrine he always preaches again????

**Doug Phillips is a Tool!**

[attachment=0]roflbot(9).jpg[/attachment]

Doug the Tool is flaunting the fact that his sin of the flesh was with a female, which species is I would like to add? I mean all of those manly toga wearing, anaconda wrestling, Mykonos filled adventures make me think that there is more to this.

I think it's likely the relationship was revealed and that is what caused his ouster from BCA earlier this year. I wouldn't be surprised if someone within VF then thought if Dougie was a messing around with his wife, he might mess around with money too. Investigation launched...and after several months of investigation they had enough to nail Dougie. An opportunity was presented for him to "resign" and still save some face by only admitting to the relationship with the threat that if Dougie tried to pull a fast one VF would come out with info on the financial issues.

Insightful -- and consider that it's likely Doug doesn't publish a thing without oversight from the real money men behind him. So his recent bleats about "okay, I *did* know that jezebel biblically but again I'm really really REALLY sorry ( that I got caught") are his attempts to charm back the folks who are still in the undecided category.

There are two other thoughts. Beall comes from money, someone said. Let's suppose she has some means ofher own and her people have offered her a haven if she does want a divorce. He may be trickling out this latest info because Beall has told him she wants to be able to have that option available. This presumes the cult of Doug permits divorce for infidelity.

The McDonalds are now republishing handy tips for avoiding strayful behavior. It'll be interesting to see how the loyalties divide.

Archived