• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Lillybee

Breaking MAXWELL news/Liz cancelled the wedding to Joe

718 posts in this topic

The engagement between Joseph and Elizabeth has been broken. I hope that Elizabeth has wised up and came to dread a future with the Maxwell cult.

I was hoping to be the first to post it. Shucks!

Wow :shock:

Nothing on the Muncks' blog yet. Their last post was on Monday about a friend's wedding last weekend.

Wow. Just wow. How often do we hear of this happening in fundie circles. Maybe its time to get to know each other before committing to spend your lives together. More proof that courtship doesn't work and leaves just as many "pieces of your heart" behind as just plain old dating.

I wish I could say I am suprised, but I am not. This whole courtship/engagement/wedding came wwwaaayyyyy to fast. The poor girl had never even visited Kansas. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, her parents should have put the "breaks" on. I guess they were to "in love" with the Maxwells.

I find the title of Sarah's post rather interesting, "hearts are broken". I though this whole courtship "model" was to prevent "giving away pieces of your heart". I though their "hearts" were to stay intact until their wedding, so how can hearts be "broken"? The Maxwells in general aren't "doing" so well in the wedding dept. Two broken engagements, 30 yo SAHD, .......

Sorry Liz. You seem like a nice girl. I hope you find happiness. I wonder what Joe will do with his shinney new house.....

Votes on how soon he'll find a replacement woman?

I'm glad for Elizabeth; she deserves a much better life than that.

Ok I asked this on the other thread.

What is gonna happen with the house. Joe needs a replacement NOW.

Aw, poor girl.

I broke off a much less public engagement and it was hard. I am sure they are both heartbroken. I wonder if she was starting to realize what she was getting into.

But what about all the beige stuff on the registry?!

Lucky girl escaped at the last second.

He can rent out the house until he finds a replacement, oops, until the lord places it on some desperate woman's heart to be his wife and join the Maxwell cult.

This makes me so strangely happy, like knowing a close friend broke up with an asshole. It is so wonderful, to know that at least for a time she will still get holidays, a fun holiday tree, FUN, and a life with out The Maxwells controlling EVERYTHING. Here is hoping getting closer to the Maxwell's let the scary stuff start to show to this family and lead them to getting back to a normal world outside the crazy fundy world.

I expect that work on the house will come to a screeching halt to give them time to grieve and process the situation. Once that happens Joe will slowly finish the work on the house on his own, so that by the time he's done he'll have another fiancee waiting in the wings.

I hate to laugh at a very tragic situation, but I am seriously snickering. First "God" tells them they are meant to be spouses, then "God" changes his mind.

Maybe Joe needs a new nickname for his penis :lol:

He can rent out the house until he finds a replacement, oops, until the lord places it on some desperate woman's heart to be his wife and join the Maxwell cult.

How happy do you think Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!! is? She would fill in, in a second. EKK.

She (like any woman in the world) deserves better than to be married to a fundie man.

This is proof that courting doesnt always save hearts from being broken, and that its better to get to know someone before deciding to marry them.

How happy do you think Rebecca!!!!!!!!!!! is? She would fill in, in a second. EKK.

She is EXACTLY who I was thinking of when I wrote that.

No. Way. :shock: Maybe this will finally give Sarah courage that she has a little bit of a say.. maybe.

Maybe the poor kid tried to give an opinion about how she wanted her home to look, was ignored and realized that her only purpose to the Maxwell's was as an animated piece of interior decoration for Joseph

I hate to laugh at a very tragic situation, but I am seriously snickering. First "God" tells them they are meant to be spouses, then "God" changes his mind.

Maybe Joe needs a new nickname for his penis :lol:

:clap:

Maybe the poor kid tried to give an opinion about how she wanted her home to look, was ignored and realized that her only purpose to the Maxwell's was as an animated piece of interior decoration for Joseph

Maybe she or someone in her family let their fingers do the walking and they came here...

Hey, it could have happened!

mirele wrote:

Maybe she or someone in her family let their fingers do the walking and they came here...

Hey, it could have happened!

Or someone from the board got through to her or her family with warnings about the Maxwells?

I think that at first Elizabeth and her parents were thrilled with marrying into fundie royalty but after working with Steve about the house and the wedding came to realize how controlling he was and that caused them to break the engagement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Blog Entries

• Popular Tags

• Recent Status Updates

• iweartanktops

iweartanktops

Are there a number of members here, with interest in the JonBenét murder?
      · 3 replies
    • church_of_dog

church_of_dog

A very traumatic day in kittieland.  It was vet day again so I really needed to try to catch Bob for his first shots and dewormer.  I wasn't getting anywhere with all three in the room -- every time I put out food to lure him, the others ate it!  So finally I took advantage of Juniper and Arlo being handle-able (did I mention I've picked up Arlo once or twice now?) and I picked them each up in turn and put them in one shared carrier, and then put that carrier out of the room while I set about catching ol' Bob (I considered it a positive that Juniper and Arlo were getting a glimpse/sniff of the rest of the house while they were out there, even if they weren't in the best mood for it).
      It took me forever but I finally caught Bob.  It required me moving the futon sofa into the middle of the room so he couldn't hide behind it.  He was pretty panicked and scrambling around the room but eventually I outsmarted him (or maybe he just decided to let me think that).  I released Juniper and Arlo back into the room after Bob was safely in the carrier and we headed out to the car.
      When we got to the vet's, the vet gingerly pulled him out of the carrier with a towel, and then -- Bob escaped the vet's grip!  A comedy of errors ensued with Bob leading a chase all around the various rooms of the vet's office (thankfully not including the waiting room).  Garbage cans were upturned, and the vet himself nearly tripped over the fan cord as he tried to follow this kitten around the room.  Eventually the vet and the assistant and Bob were in a back room with the door closed to keep him in.  I heard them laughing a few times and then finally the door opened and the vet came out with Bob and a towel and a solid grip.  They promptly gave him his shots and dewormer, confirmed that he's a boy, and then thankfully put him back in the carrier.  I apologized for the mess and we left and returned home.  Oh, vet can't say if Bob is Maine coon -- he doesn't seem to have that extra ruff of neck fur to me, and he's so small (especially since he is theoretically 2 weeks older than the other two), but I would still love it if he turned out to be MC.  Of course I'll love him even if he doesn't as well.
      Back home, I knew that blocking the hiding spaces under the futon was key to getting them out where they would have to interact with me; otherwise this process of taming was going to take forever.  So while Bob rested in the carrier in the house, I boarded up the sides and back of the futon frame, and then had another comedy of errors as I tried to get both Juniper and Arlo out from under the futon at the same time so I could slide it against the wall without trapping either of them.  It took some trickery but I finally did it.  Then Bob could come back into the room.
      So, as if the trauma of the carrier/vet wasn't enough, now they are all back in their familiar room but their safe corner hiding spots have disappeared.  They have a few nook spaces where they can hang out, but nowhere that I can't reach.  They are not thrilled with this.  At all.
      But their reward for the day was some yummy cream, which led to some detailed grooming afterwards:

Afterwards, Juniper was quick to return to her newly-found snuggler status:

While Bob sulked.  He was soon comforted, however, by his friend Arlo:

I'm really pleased that Arlo has allowed me to pick him up once or twice.  He's not yet approaching me, and all three of them still spook when I am moving around, but progress is happening pretty fast, and in another week or so I might feel ok about releasing them into the house (with some kittyproofing happening first, and only when I'm confident other people won't carelessly open the doors and give escape opportunities).  Maybe just a few hours at a time at first, with overnights and/or feeding still happening in the back room.  We'll see.  But -- progress!
      · 3 replies
    • purple_summer

purple_summer

Somehow toddlers & tiaras is worse than it was before...
      · 0 replies
    • EyeQueue

EyeQueue

Trying to catch up on the forums after an extended absence sucks.
      · 5 replies
    • bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Looking forward to seeing the dentist tomorrow. Extra looking forward to being able to eat soon! (Life is pretty much about food and bad reality tv with me...)
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

Just waiting for more Thor pictures and videos @Imrlgoddess
      · 1 reply
    • Mela99

Mela99

What kind of birthday cake do I want? 
      Me birthday is Monday. I'm torn. I kind of want one of these 'dream cakes' from a local bakery. Cake, cheesecake, and mousse. They can do any flavor combo imaginable... 
      I love coconut but I'm the only one... 
      Mint chip? Peanut butter Oreo? GAH. TOO MANY CHOICES. 
      · 4 replies
    • anniebgood

anniebgood

I finished the DOL mandated Office Management Systems classed graduated, yeah me. That was Thursday. The next Tuesday I'm at the career counselors office and she says you have to have 20 jobs by the end of the week. I mean, UEI doesn't ask for that, more like 6 for 2 weeks. But OH NO. The DOL is making me job hunt. I think the people on UEI are not damaged or have chronic injury related problems yet they don't have to do this.
      Plus the DOL has not approved my change of doctors. I wrote to the District Admin for SFO and I said I've jumped through every hoop you've put before me and now you won't let me see the doctor that I need to see? I've written my CE 4 times with no response. Not fair. They probably know he'll say no you can't work and it's causing damage to your cervical vertebrae and your shoulder. I have numbness that goes down my neck, across my shoulders and down to my elbows. C567. We shall see what happens. 
      First thing I do in the morning is job hunt and get my 4 or 5 out of the way. Then I can concentrate on other things. 
      Peace. From annie who's not so good. 
      · 1 reply
    • bingbangboom

bingbangboom

Seriously, I think this toothache is making me look forward to having dentures one day. 
      · 2 replies
    • Anny Nym

Anny Nym

Donuts.
      · 3 replies