IGNORED

Suit alleges TBN covered up rape of 13-year-old

doggie

Yup it will be a mess. There have been rumors for years about the Crouch family being a mess and this will add to it. I feel for the poor girl. I wonder if the Duggars will stop getting involved with TBN because of this.

Yup it will be a mess. There have been rumors for years about the Crouch family being a mess and this will add to it. I feel for the poor girl. I wonder if the Duggars will stop getting involved with TBN because of this.

I'm going to guess no. Anything that makes the Duggars feel special and superior will be okay with them regardless of what may be going on behind closed doors.

I'm going to guess no. Anything that makes the Duggars feel special and superior will be okay with them regardless of what may be going on behind closed doors.

Wait, since when have the Duggars been involved with TBN? I can't imagine Gothard liking that at all, given that they tend to be on either end of the fundie spectrum. TBN holds to a lot of Word-Faith teachers, and while Gothard may be just another version of that, I doubt he sees it that way.

I don't know that they have. I've never seen/hear that, but I was just pointing out that if they were involved in it a little think like raping a 13-year-old isn't going to stop them.

That poor girl! I hope she gets the therapy she needs to heal, especially with such a horrible family. It is never a rape victim's fault, it is ALWAYS the rapist fault. I don't understand a woman who would scream at her granddaughter and scream at her instead of giving her a hug and reporting it to the police. What a toxic environment. This is why we need to stop slut shamming women and girls and why we need to change our patriarchal culture. This is why feminism is still needed and patriarchy is so dangerous.

Wait, since when have the Duggars been involved with TBN? I can't imagine Gothard liking that at all, given that they tend to be on either end of the fundie spectrum. TBN holds to a lot of Word-Faith teachers, and while Gothard may be just another version of that, I doubt he sees it that way.

Michelle was interviewed by TBN sometime in 2011 and a video was put online. The video went viral because Michelle spouted out the "overpopulation is lie" bs. I believe she was interviewed by TBN another time and in that interview she talked about her childhood.

I think the blame issue is People don't want to accept a friend could do something like this. it is easier to blame the victim. Plus of course the female must have not been modest or tempted the man crap we see with most fundies.

she was already sexually active ‘so it did not really matter’

O_O

Whether or not a woman is a virgin is COMPLETELY IMMATERIAL to whether or not she consents to a SPECIFIC sexual act.

O_O

Whether or not a woman is a virgin is COMPLETELY IMMATERIAL to whether or not she consents to a SPECIFIC sexual act.

Plus was she really sexually active I doubt it? all of it is such crap. I hope we see the last of them it has been long enough. sad that a person has to pay the price of their lack of caring.

Plus was she really sexually active I doubt it? all of it is such crap. I hope we see the last of them it has been long enough. sad that a person has to pay the price of their lack of caring.

I hope someone outside of the situation sees that she gets the help she needs. And, help from qualified therapists - not church "elders" that only know how to shame her with pseudo-therapy phrases mixed with bad scripture choices!

Re: previous physical activity - This could be anything from going "all the way" to leaning over & defrauding someone with shadow-cleavage or My Little Pony under-roo panty lines. And, if we're saying that previous sexual activity negates sympathy for a brutal attack, then what if (heaven forbid) something like this happened to J'chelle? She's been very active - there's 21 examples of proof! Would they say she asked for it by flaunting her prowess in the sack?

O_O

That's a really sad story. Poor girl.

The "already sexually active" thing makes me SO ANGRY. It comes up a lot. It's bad enough they can ask girls about previous sexual experience and promiscuity and one night stands, as if that was relevant, but some people seem to think any experience means it's not a crime? There was a judgment in some American state recently where pretty much the judge decided the rape was okay because the girl had previously had sex or something. It was odd, I remember feminist blogs being outraged about it but I can't remember much else other than it was in the south and the victim was a college student. I also see a lot of otherwise perfectly rational people bring up the "but she wasn't a virgin" about the Roman Polanski thing, which pisses me off so much, because it doesn't matter, she was 13!

Archived