IGNORED

Stephanie Nielsen

lilwriter85

I recently started reading Stephanie Nielson's blog. She is the Mormon mommy blogger who was burned due to a plane crash that involved her inexperienced husband flying the plane. She and her hubby have been on TV a few times. I know she has been mentioned here a few times and one of the Mormon bloggers I have been following met her last year. This might sound cruel of me, but I think Stephanie and her family milking the plane crash and her injuries to an extreme. I do sympathize with her, but she annoys me. I also get a jerk vibe from her husband Christian aka Mr.Nielson.

nieniedialogues.com/

This might sound cruel of me, but I think Stephanie and her family milking the plane crash and her injuries to an extreme.

Definitely.

This might sound cruel of me, but I think Stephanie and her family milking the plane crash and her injuries to an extreme. I do sympathize with her, but she annoys me. I also get a jerk vibe from her husband Christian aka Mr.Nielson.

Many, many people think the same. So do I.

I hadn't heard of her then, but I have read that NN came across as a spoiled, self-centered brat before her accident.

I discovered her blog a few months ago here and I read some of her old blog posts before the accident, she seemed to be a very spoiled know-it-all young lady... Now I seldom go to her blog because I have a hard time looking at her pictures, she is so injured, it's almost painful to look at her, I'm not brave enough :(

I hadn't heard of her then, but I have read that NN came across as a spoiled, self-centered brat before her accident.

I've read a bit about her on the GOMI forums and someone there said something that she was very annoying before the accident. The Mormon blogger that I mentioned in a previous who met NieNie is disabled and she thinks of Nie as a role model and she likely doesn't see how annoying Nie is. The disabled blogger met Nie through her LDS ward. Nie spoke there last year at a conference. I get the vibe Nie probably enjoys making money on the Mormon circuit since some of those people will never see how annoying she is. I think Nie has about a good 5 years left of begging and going on the speaking circuit, before people get tired of her.

I discovered her blog a few months ago here and I read some of her old blog posts before the accident, she seemed to be a very spoiled know-it-all young lady... Now I seldom go to her blog because I have a hard time looking at her pictures, she is so injured, it's almost painful to look at her, I'm not brave enough :(

I also read through some of her pre-accident posts and a few of them were about how she wanted a large family.

When she first came out of the accident I read up on her and was taken back by how sweet she seemed... and then I realized how SELF ENTITLED and how much of BRAT she is... I also think she needs some SERIOUS therapy.

She has always been pretty self centered and spoiled.

I wonder what happened to the money that was donated to cover her medical bills. I think the family got a large sum, but then I read that the hospital wrote off the bills. (I don't know how it works in the US?) And after the crash Stephanie started to blog about $150 hair bands, new outfits from Anthropologie, expensive camera equipment, trips all over the country. (I don't know if it's gifts or if she buys everything herself.)

Plus her sister bought her a house. And Stephanie refuses to answer any questions about where the money went or how they support the family now.

I read her blog before the crash because I liked her decorating ideas: lots of homemade stuff, flea market finds etc. She sure upgraded her shopping habits after the accident.

When she first came out of the accident I read up on her and was taken back by how sweet she seemed... and then I realized how SELF ENTITLED and how much of BRAT she is... I also think she needs some SERIOUS therapy.

She does need therapy, but I think her need for therapy will be increased when she eventually loses some of her readers and media attention. Her book won't be a long term best seller. I don't think she has gotten good sales numbers for her book.

She does need therapy, but I think her need for therapy will be increased when she eventually loses some of her readers and media attention. Her book won't be a long term best seller. I don't think she has gotten good sales numbers for her book.

I have no idea but what bugs me, personally, is that she really does seem to live in this fantasy world she created to protect herself from the reality that is out there. She seems to believe she is a princess living in some far off land where nothing can touch her. I understand her accident must have been traumatic but she worries me, because she seems to think nothing can touch her again and if that something does get close to her Mr. Nielsen will come save her.

She has always been pretty self centered and spoiled.

I wonder what happened to the money that was donated to cover her medical bills. I think the family got a large sum, but then I read that the hospital wrote off the bills. (I don't know how it works in the US?) And after the crash Stephanie started to blog about $150 hair bands, new outfits from Anthropologie, expensive camera equipment, trips all over the country. (I don't know if it's gifts or if she buys everything herself.)

Plus her sister bought her a house. And Stephanie refuses to answer any questions about where the money went or how they support the family now.

I read her blog before the crash because I liked her decorating ideas: lots of homemade stuff, flea market finds etc. She sure upgraded her shopping habits after the accident.

I don't think she will ever answer some of the money questions and I believe she refuses to answer questions about Christian's job. Nie and Christian probably know that some people have caught onto them. I do sympathize with them and if had been reading her blog when the accident happened, I would have probably sent a monetary donation or something. But I think sometimes people like Nie and Christian take too much advantage of the kindness of others. The expensive clothes and camera equipment aren't needs for the Nielsen family. I have encountered a couple of other bloggers who have dealt with tragedy, but they end up taking advantage of other people and certain organizations. Sometimes Katie Rye from the Ben and Katie blog reminds me of Nie.

I have no idea but what bugs me, personally, is that she really does seem to live in this fantasy world she created to protect herself from the reality that is out there. She seems to believe she is a princess living in some far off land where nothing can touch her. I understand her accident must have been traumatic but she worries me, because she seems to think nothing can touch her again and if that something does get close to her Mr. Nielsen will come save her.

:shock: This would be the same Mr. Nielsen who left her in the burning plane? You know, because the kids needed to have one living parent?

:shock: This would be the same Mr. Nielsen who left her in the burning plane? You know, because the kids needed to have one living parent?

of course... I think after that incident she felt so horrible she totally just expects him to save her EVERY SINGLE TIME NOW.

They lied about that on Oprah, didn't they? Claimed that Christian "saved her" when in fact there had been previous articles where he says that he left her "so the kids at least had one living parent"?

(If I remember correctly... maybe somebody else know for sure.)

They lied about that on Oprah, didn't they? Claimed that Christian "saved her" when in fact there had been previous articles where he says that he left her "so the kids at least had one living parent"?

(If I remember correctly... maybe somebody else know for sure.)

I didn't watch the Oprah segment, but I found this from the Oprah's site that says that "Christian saved Stephanie". Usually the articles on Oprah's site are recaps of the appearances on the show.

http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Blogger-Ste ... lane-Crash

On this 20/20 segment, Christian says that he didn't save Stephanie

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/plane- ... 0-13602410

I hate to say this, but Christian and Stephanie probably flip flop their versions of plane crash at times to get more attention.

Lying to Oprah is a very unwise thing to do. Look at what happened to James Frey.

I think that Christian and Stephanie should put out one version of what happened and stick to it, preferably the truth. Now they just seem to spin the situation and say whatever will get them more attention, make them appear brave etc. People who just see them once will probably believe them, but they have a large crowd of followers who will wonder about the conflicting versions.

Lying to Oprah is a very unwise thing to do. Look at what happened to James Frey.

I think that Christian and Stephanie should put out one version of what happened and stick to it, preferably the truth. Now they just seem to spin the situation and say whatever will get them more attention, make them appear brave etc. People who just see them once will probably believe them, but they have a large crowd of followers who will wonder about the conflicting versions.

I agree with you, I think most people who have seen them on Oprah, 20/20, or the Today Show for the first time will believe their stories and might not follow NieNie's blog or do other research. But some of the people who follow their blog and watch or have watched their TV appearances will eventually wonder about the conflicting versions. There is minority of NieNie followers who will likely never snap about the conflicting versions. I'm a bit curious to read Stephanie's book, but I think there is a huge possibility that she lied about stuff or twisted things around for the book. Stephanie and Christian give me Todd Burpo vibes.

Which sister bought her a house?! Wow.

I think it was C.Jane who bought the house. I believe some of the other siblings of Nie's are have large families. I recall hearing about one sister who is a nurse and has 9 kids.

I think it was C.Jane who bought the house. I believe some of the other siblings of Nie's are have large families. I recall hearing about one sister who is a nurse and has 9 kids.

Not C.Jane... I think her name is Paige and she's married to a CEO of some Forbes 500 (?) company.

Her sister has a blog too. Is anyone here at FJ familiar with it?

cjanekendrick.com

She is another boring, but speshul snowphlache. I can't stand to read either blog. However, I do recommend checking out cjane's blog to see the holy mother/holy infant pix she posted after she had her last child, at home with no assistance, btw.

I agree too, and I don't think you should feel "cruel" for saying that, people can be self-centered and exploitative no matter their situation. I think our society/media often sends the message that anyone disabled/disfigured/chronically ill/etc is a special angel who can do no wrong. But Nie Nie seems to me like she is taking advantage of her situation. I felt bad for her when I read about her story (I think I first heard of her when she was in Parade - the excerpt they published from her book seemed a bit melodramatic to me like she was trying to play it up to get sales) but IMO that doesn't give her a pass to do anything she wants.

I agree too, and I don't think you should feel "cruel" for saying that, people can be self-centered and exploitative no matter their situation. I think our society/media often sends the message that anyone disabled/disfigured/chronically ill/etc is a special angel who can do no wrong. But Nie Nie seems to me like she is taking advantage of her situation. I felt bad for her when I read about her story (I think I first heard of her when she was in Parade - the excerpt they published from her book seemed a bit melodramatic to me like she was trying to play it up to get sales) but IMO that doesn't give her a pass to do anything she wants.

I have noticed that the attitude/message in society that anyone who is disabled/disfigured or ill can do no wrong and it does bother me. I do think there are some disabled and disfigured people that are very inspirational, but Nie Nie rubs me the wrong way. A lot of the GOMI posters feel that NieNie is taking advantage of her situation. I think outside of GOMI and FJ, a lot of people don't think she is doing anything wrong. The disabled Mormon blogger that I follow who is a NieNie fan pretty much believes that her beloved NieNie can do no wrong. I think that disabled blogger sort of fits into the same category as NieNie, she seems to be taking advantage of people at her LDS ward and other things seem off about her. I've come across a few other blogs in which disabled people or family members of disabled people take advantage of their situations to an extreme. NieNie and Christian didn't deserve for that plane crash to happen, but that never entitled them to numerous gifts or attention.

She reminds me of a self-centered spoiled brat. I don't ge the feeling she is educated as her writing level seems to be elementary at best, and one would think she could find someone to edit her dribble.

Her husband gives me the creeps. He's creepy looking.

Archived