IGNORED

Stephanie Nielsen

lilwriter85

I have no idea but what bugs me, personally, is that she really does seem to live in this fantasy world she created to protect herself from the reality that is out there. She seems to believe she is a princess living in some far off land where nothing can touch her. I understand her accident must have been traumatic but she worries me, because she seems to think nothing can touch her again and if that something does get close to her Mr. Nielsen will come save her.

You mean instead of leaving her to die like he did the last time?

People like her piss me off. My father had a childhood accident that left him a double amputee. Instead of feeling sorry for himself and begging for largesse, he lived a productive life full of many, many occasions when he helped other people. And you didn't dare refer to him as "handicapped" or "disabled." He was in his mid-'70's before my mother was able to convince him to get a handicap tag for the car.

Oh, I do not fault her at all for talking about the accident. And there's no question in anyone's mind that she is most definitely disabled - she should have died, she has very limited movement, she's in constant pain, she still has future surgeries to go through (I believe?). She should not in the slightest feel urged to dismiss or ignore her disability. But, it doesn't give her an excuse to do whatever she wants, definitely. The post where she responded to someone saying "that was rude" with "yeah well I got burned!" comes to mind. Yes. You did. And it's horrific. Also, irrelevant to the issue at hand.

She reminds me of a self-centered spoiled brat. I don't ge the feeling she is educated as her writing level seems to be elementary at best, and one would think she could find someone to edit her dribble.

Her husband gives me the creeps. He's creepy looking.

I don't think NieNie is extremely bright. Some of her pre-accident blog postings were pretty bad. Some of the GOMI forum posters discussed NieNie's book, and one of them described it as well-written. My guess is that a ghost writer was involved. I looked at the reviews of the book on Amazon and it seems NieNie's There are only two 1-star reviews and the reviews are a bit telling about NieNie.

I admire the author's courage, and truly enjoyed reading her tale. However, the constant interjection of Mormon beliefs made be start to wonder about the purpose of the book. I respect and admire Mormons, so I continued to read. However, when the author began to bash Catholic customs and talked about throwing "figurines of Mary" in the trash and waving goodbye with her children, I felt the sting of religious bigotry at full force. The author has a rich life and a wonderful story it tell. It is too bad that the strands of religious indoctrination and bigotry mar this otherwise compelling tale.

It looks like NieNie trashes Catholicism, but thinks Mormonism is a good thing. I was raised Catholic and I'm an atheist now. Yes, there are crazy things about Catholicism and other religions. Not trying to be mean, but Mormonism is a bit weirder than Catholicism. NieNie should be aware of the bigotry against Mormons.

Another review.

I bought this book because of all the reviews but I have seldom been so disappointed in a book. If you want to listen to her constant whinging, then this is the book for you. There is no doubt she went through a horrific experience but far from being uplifted by her triumph over her burns, I was sick to death of her whining and complaining. She claimed to have such steadfast faith in her God but that statement is in direct contrast to how she acted. And the utter nonsense about her dead grandmother swooping in to rescue her and other such imaginings is ridiculous. I'm sorry but this book is more tripe than triumph.

Archived