IGNORED

Lyndsie

LilMissMetaphor

I wonder why the younger sister hasn't had her teeth whitened like Lyndzie and Kendyl. I do think Kendyl is the more attractive sister and I think if she laid off the makeup a bit, she would look better.

A couple of pics from A Love Worth Waiting For FB page

34yd3cz.jpg

qy73wl.jpg

Lyndie should lay off tanning. She looks kind of bad in the second pic.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just want to know where the hell she finds time to put that much makeup on. I have a two-year-old and a four week old, and I was congratulating myself that I had a chance to shower today. Makeup is a distant memory.

Who the hell wears lipstick and blush to the beach? quote]

Well that all depends on what a person is doing on the beach. If I was going swimming then I wouldn't wear full make-up. But if I was just hanging out with family and having a family photo taken then yes I would wear full make-up.

I think the problem with Lyndsie and the make-up isn't necessarily the amount, but the colors. She picks bright colors that are not flattering to her coloring. And they seem to be applying the blush to the wrong spots. I think a more subtle blush and lipstick shade, with better application, would improve her looks dramatically.

Kind of sad that she's ALWAYS holding the little girl. Guess she got what she wanted.

I kind of find it weird that in all of the pics that are put online, that Lyndsie is always holding the little girl. A couple of years back, my cousin and her husband did a photo shoot with their two kids. At the time, their son was 2 and their daughter was an infant. In some pictures, the husband held the daughter and the wife held the son. With D&L so far, it seems she is always holding the little girl and that kind of seems weird. I kind get of the vibe that the little girl might be Lyndsie's favorite.

I just want to know where the hell she finds time to put that much makeup on. I have a two-year-old and a four week old, and I was congratulating myself that I had a chance to shower today. Makeup is a distant memory.

I was thinking the same thing, Sableduck. I'm glad for her if things are going smoothly enough to look so perfect (well, I GUESS I'm glad ... it's hard not to wish a bad sleeper on her at least).

Also, I remember this being brought up a while ago, but do you all think that Ethan and Aubrey are biological siblings? It might help explain the rapidfire second adoption. I can see some resemblance, but not a ton ... my best guess would be half-siblings (biologically). Anyone else?

I was thinking the same thing, Sableduck. I'm glad for her if things are going smoothly enough to look so perfect (well, I GUESS I'm glad ... it's hard not to wish a bad sleeper on her at least).

Also, I remember this being brought up a while ago, but do you all think that Ethan and Aubrey are biological siblings? It might help explain the rapidfire second adoption. I can see some resemblance, but not a ton ... my best guess would be half-siblings (biologically). Anyone else?

In that last photo posted above, they really do look like siblings. I've never really noticed that before. Could it be possible based on their ages? Probably just barely, right?

And here's a tidbit about the makeup application: Daniel's brother's wife, Lindsay, touts herself as a makeup artist. Her FB page is Blushing Brides by Lindsay and she does wedding makeup (you can see some photos of D&L's wedding on her page). She used to have a blog but she doesn't keep up on it. I think she was or is a Mary Kay rep, too. So you would think if she was such an expert, she'd have taught Lazy and Kendyl a thing or two about how and where to apply different products. Lazy's wedding day makeup was toned more to her skin -- not BRIGHT lipstick and blush that just screams COSMETICS ARE HERE!

I kind of find it weird that in all of the pics that are put online, that Lyndsie is always holding the little girl. A couple of years back, my cousin and her husband did a photo shoot with their two kids. At the time, their son was 2 and their daughter was an infant. In some pictures, the husband held the daughter and the wife held the son. With D&L so far, it seems she is always holding the little girl and that kind of seems weird. I kind get of the vibe that the little girl might be Lyndsie's favorite.

I don't hold this against her. Her little boy looks a lot like mine -- in that he's a chunky little monkey. It's all I can do to pick up and maintain holding a 32lb toddler (and TALL! Omg, he's 38 inches tall already and in a 4T!) for any length of time. 32lbs isn't a lot but my son is so solid that it feels more like 52lbs. When we pose for pictures, normally my husband holds our oldest and I hold our now one year old. I would gladly cut out my beating heart and give it to either one of my boys, and I certainly don't love my oldest less than my yongest even though I'm normally holding the *lighter* of the two kids.

I thought there was something similar about their face shape when Audrey was a newborn. And I see a tiny bit of a resemblence now too.

As for the make-up thing, her babies are not newborns. They're almost 2 and 6 months old. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see anything odd about a mother of children that age being able to put on make-up and fix her hair.

and yes, I always speculated that the kids are siblings especially since the boy was older when they adopted him. ISB says that the mom had the boy, got pregnant right away with a second and gave them both up. Hence, the "sudden" adoption of Ethan and the (imo) planned adoption of Aubrey. (And I say planned because they had time to get a photographer for Aubrey's but not Ethan's arrival.)

and yes, I always speculated that the kids are siblings especially since the boy was older when they adopted him. ISB says that the mom had the boy, got pregnant right away with a second and gave them both up. Hence, the "sudden" adoption of Ethan and the (imo) planned adoption of Aubrey. (And I say planned because they had time to get a photographer for Aubrey's but not Ethan's arrival.)

I can see this theory being a reality. I remember in the months before Aubrey's adoption, Lyndsie was selling some clothes and other things online through FB. Around that time an FJ member found a registry that had a listing for a a pink bathtub.

I don't hold this against her. Her little boy looks a lot like mine -- in that he's a chunky little monkey. It's all I can do to pick up and maintain holding a 32lb toddler (and TALL! Omg, he's 38 inches tall already and in a 4T!) for any length of time. 32lbs isn't a lot but my son is so solid that it feels more like 52lbs. When we pose for pictures, normally my husband holds our oldest and I hold our now one year old. I would gladly cut out my beating heart and give it to either one of my boys, and I certainly don't love my oldest less than my yongest even though I'm normally holding the *lighter* of the two kids.

What about a 25 lb 6 month old. Seriously- we've had two in my family, one of my siblings, and that sibling's child. The sibling was in 4T by one year old.

I'm being totally shallow, but the giant bow makes the baby look odd. Lyndsie just enters the realm of uncanny valley for me, because she just plain doesn't look real.

Just be thankful the baby isn't wearing a fake pigtail headband borrowed from the Duggars.

What about a 25 lb 6 month old. Seriously- we've had two in my family, one of my siblings, and that sibling's child. The sibling was in 4T by one year old.

WOW. That is just insane. The poor kid would have to learn how to walk early around here. I have no upper body strength. My two year old says, "mama, pick me up! Fly!" and my arms and back start screaming "NO!"

It always strikes me that Lyndsie looks a lot like my aunt in most of her pictures. My aunt looks fantastic for her age, but...she's 51 :?

I thought there was something similar about their face shape when Audrey was a newborn. And I see a tiny bit of a resemblence now too.

As for the make-up thing, her babies are not newborns. They're almost 2 and 6 months old. I guess I'm in the minority here, but I don't see anything odd about a mother of children that age being able to put on make-up and fix her hair.

Do you have children? It was much easier to be showered with makeup and hair done with a newborn (0-3 months) than when they get a little older. I am lucky to put my hair in a pony-tail and some mascara on with my 7 month old. I can't imagine with a baby that age AND a two year old- they are all over the place, and into everything (and sometimes won't nap!).

I am impressed that she can get all of that makeup on, personally. And on the other note- I thought the two little ones looked alike too :)

I was always taught to do one heavy element/area for your makeup (heavy eyes OR heavy lips etc) or it looks overdone. And Lyndsie is heavy on EVERYTHING. Personally I love bright lipstick, but it would look better on her if she toned everything else down so it really popped and didn't look so fake.

The two kids do look alike to me.

Do you have children? It was much easier to be showered with makeup and hair done with a newborn (0-3 months) than when they get a little older. I am lucky to put my hair in a pony-tail and some mascara on with my 7 month old. I can't imagine with a baby that age AND a two year old- they are all over the place, and into everything (and sometimes won't nap!).

I am impressed that she can get all of that makeup on, personally. And on the other note- I thought the two little ones looked alike too :)

Yes. And it's totally possible to fix hair, do make-up, and make yourself presentable while still having small children. Even multiple children.

And seriously, you can't shower and put on make-up with a seven-month-old? Doesn't your baby ever nap?

You can tell Kendyl thinks she is just HOT. She dates Daniel's brother -- way to keep it in the family!

Excuse me, what? That's ridiculous, in a pathetic kind of way.

Yes. And it's totally possible to fix hair, do make-up, and make yourself presentable while still having small children. Even multiple children.

And seriously, you can't shower and put on make-up with a seven-month-old? Doesn't your baby ever nap?

He naps... Rarely, and when he does it is very, very short. I do shower- around midnight when my husband gets home from work. And in my home "doing my hair" is a ponytail, like I said... I have a seven month old who likes to pull my hair out my the handful if I leave it down. That, and it is so thick it takes 45 minutes to dry.

Anyway, I guess the point is some babies are more high maintenance than others! Sad to say my little guy is high maintenance (though he is getting better as he is older). He still wakes every two hours during the night neaving a very, very tired mama!

He naps... Rarely, and when he does it is very, very short. I do shower- around midnight when my husband gets home from work. And in my home "doing my hair" is a ponytail, like I said... I have a seven month old who likes to pull my hair out my the handful if I leave it down. That, and it is so thick it takes 45 minutes to dry.

Anyway, I guess the point is some babies are more high maintenance than others! Sad to say my little guy is high maintenance (though he is getting better as he is older). He still wakes every two hours during the night neaving a very, very tired mama!

I have long, thick hair too. If the baby is awake during the time when I want to blowdry it, I just bring him into the bathroom with me, put him in his bouncy seat and talk to him while I'm blowdrying it. Same with make-up and clothes.

And I'm not sure why you allow him to pull your hair, but babies can be taught not to do that. I've had a hair-puller, a biter, and a hitter. But they all quickly learned that inflicting physical harm on others isn't tolerated in this family - not even from seven-month-olds.

Archived