IGNORED

Why we should worry about Mitt's Mormonism.

Lillybee

Guest Anonymous

I am starting to get proper shivers regarding Mitt and the presidency. The GOP has stupidly decided to pick the guy who has a reputation as a moderate. Despite what they seem to think, that is the only kind of candidate who would ever win against Barack Obama. A lot of stupid idiots voted for Obama the last time around: people who are swayed by catchy slogans, people who expected immediate change, people who would have voted for the first person who appealed to them directly. These are exactly the kind of idiots who would vote for Mitt (or not vote) this time for no other reason than their superficial dissatisfaction with Obama. If only the Republicans had picked a proper crazy boots. Then, at least, people would be voting in terror to keep that particular crazy boots out of the White House.

Why would it be stupid for the GOP to pick a moderate (unless this is sarcastic)?

Anyway, I think that someone's underwear is quite irrelevant to their ability to do the job. I'd care more about whether they had an actual plan to improve the economy, how they would respond to the debt crisis in Europe, how they would deal with Iran, how they would respond to events in Syria, who they would appoint to the Supreme Court, , whether they would restrict abortion, whether they would restrict gay marriage, whether they would take real steps to reduce dependence on foreign oil and promote greener alternatives, how they would handle the relationship with China, etc.

You do realize this white horse theory is as respected as the 3 Nephites hitch hiking and telling people to get their food storage up? Or the guy calling the baby sitter telling her to check on the children and he's on an extension in the house? Urban myths all of them.

I'm not familiar with it, just googled it - which part is an urban myth? That Brigham Young said it? That Glenn Beck referred to it? Or that anyone takes Glenn Beck's suggestion seriously?

Guest Anonymous
Why would it be stupid for the GOP to pick a moderate (unless this is sarcastic)?

Anyway, I think that someone's underwear is quite irrelevant to their ability to do the job. I'd care more about whether they had an actual plan to improve the economy, how they would respond to the debt crisis in Europe, how they would deal with Iran, how they would respond to events in Syria, who they would appoint to the Supreme Court, , whether they would restrict abortion, whether they would restrict gay marriage, whether they would take real steps to reduce dependence on foreign oil and promote greener alternatives, how they would handle the relationship with China, etc.

It isn't stupid of them. It's actually incredibly sensible. I just hate them. It is stupid from my perspective. If I wanted them to win then I would see this as a the smartest move that they could have made. I'm just lazy and vague with my choice of words.

The GOP is pretty fundie right now so I don't know. But he does not seem all that fundie he talks the talk but don't see him walking the fundie walk.

Not that I would vote for him, but Romney has a more progressive stance than one would think. He was actually pro choice until 2002 (when it became more unpopular) so who knows how he really feels about it. He has also fought for corporate tax loopholes, didn't have a problem with gay marriage until recently, and was responsible for Massachusetts medical program. It makes me smile knowing he is the only option the fundies have at this point :dance: !

Not that I would vote for him, but Romney has a more progressive stance than one would think. He was actually pro choice until 2002 (when it became more unpopular) so who knows how he really feels about it. He has also fought for corporate tax loopholes, didn't have a problem with gay marriage until recently, and was responsible for Massachusetts medical program. It makes me smile knowing he is the only option the fundies have at this point :dance: !

My mind is blown by the fact that Mittens so readily did a 180 on issues of reproductive freedom, marriage equality, and universal healthcare once he left the blue state of Massachusetts for the national stage. Does no one in the Republican Party have any memory of Romney's record as governor of Massachusetts? I think not. And, sadly, I believe that many who are centrist and right-leaning will vote for him, willfully oblivious of his record.

From everything I've read about Mormonism (pro and con--and I've read a LOT), it seems less a religion than an MLM scheme.

I'm not familiar with it, just googled it - which part is an urban myth? That Brigham Young said it? That Glenn Beck referred to it? Or that anyone takes Glenn Beck's suggestion seriously?

Glenn Beck is an embarrassment. Most Mormons wish he would go join another church. Beck also thinks that Obama is Hitler. Godwin.

The so called prophesy was written down 10 years AFTER Joseph Smith's death in a diary and the diary records it as someone told him that they heard Joseph Smith say it. It's hearsay/second hand/not very reliable.

Archived