IGNORED

Rebecca Loomis had her baby!

Kira

Maybe they could call him Hemi and he'll grow up being really into cars. Or maybe pipe organs.

Hemi can be used as a proper name, it's a MÄori variant of James

Maybe "Miah" for a nickname? I know someone named Jeremiah and they call him Miah for short. (pronounced My a)

I think it sounds good, but maybe it's just exotic, and french native speakers might be more attracted to that. I think the sound Miah is nice too. Now I bet he won't interact with many foreigners so that might be another question in his life ahahaah

I don't get the use of middle names so yeah, but there are lots of schmitds in france and germany so that does not surprise me at all.

I've missed something here -- who named their baby Sauntina LaVerle?

Kendalyn & Robert Staddon (of the incredibly boring ATI-star Staddons).

I wish they had named him Luke. Luke Loomis sounds really cute yet manly. Not enough Old Testament, I guess.

Any word on how Rebecca is doing? Did she give birth in a hospital or did the male headship make her birth in the bathroom, so she could be close to the kitchen in case he needed a sandwich?

With all her medical/pregnancy issues, I'd hope they would have the good sense to go to a hospital.

I was thinking Nehi. :lol:

Pronounced "knee-high"... For a little tacker?

Glad they finally got their baby. Good for them and am glad it's a boy although I think Steven is more hardcore than we think. He has something to prove to his side. I don't hold up any hopes that that child will be any better educated than a Loomis female.

It's common around here to give the mother's unmarried surname as a middle name. I've never heard of anyone named Nehemiah. Maybe someone will just start calling him Jack. That happened in a family I knew. A grandfather hated the name given to one of his grandchildren so he started calling the kid, Jack and it stuck. But that poor Staddon baby. Oh my. :-?

Pronounced "knee-high"... For a little tacker?

Pronounced knee- high. Like the grape soda, Nehi. I might be dating myself. :oops:

I was thinking Nehi. :lol:

Oh, no, a fundie would never do that! "Nehi" is used as a Mormon name, and we must all remember that Mormons are no better than devil worshipers!!!!111!!

Nehemiah is really, really long....that's all that I can think to say.

Pronounced knee- high. Like the grape soda, Nehi. I might be dating myself. :oops:

Warning -- defrauding Nehi ad ahead:

nehi.jpg

RE: Sauntina LaVerle Staddon, on the bright side... some fundie families promote fundie-ism by appearing sophisticated, educated and upscale. There's no threat of that, here.

Did you see the pic? That's one cute friggin baby.

Agreed. Very Serven-looking.

10-1 on homebirth, given that the Servens wrote previously of midwives who attended various of Mrs. Serven's births.

Nee-uh-MY-uh: Don't see how they're going to shorten that without it sounding feminine: Nee-uh like Nia Peeples? Miah like Mya? Hm.

Who writes that a baby has "thin" hair? (Steven does, but that's not my point)

You write that a baby has "a little" hair, or "peachfuzz" hair, or even "a dusting of" hair ... but "thin"?

Strange, but then so is this dominionistic family.

I am happy that the baby and mom are healthy and well, and hope for the best for all of them, so long as their best doesn't infringe on my rights.

Agreed. Very Serven-looking.

10-1 on homebirth, given that the Servens wrote previously of midwives who attended various of Mrs. Serven's births.

Nee-uh-MY-uh: Don't see how they're going to shorten that without it sounding feminine: Nee-uh like Nia Peeples? Miah like Mya? Hm.

Who writes that a baby has "thin" hair? (Steven does, but that's not my point)

You write that a baby has "a little" hair, or "peachfuzz" hair, or even "a dusting of" hair ... but "thin"?

Strange, but then so is this dominionistic family.

I am happy that the baby and mom are healthy and well, and hope for the best for all of them, so long as their best doesn't infringe on my rights.

I knew one kid named Nehimiah or however you spell that. That family shortened it to Niam (like Liam with an N). In older books from back in the day where it was a more common name, I've seen Nem/Nemmy.

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt,

His name is my name too.

Whenever we go out,

The people always shout,

There goes John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.

Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah

(Instructions to singing this song: repeat until someone threatens physical harm to you.)

ETA: Also, it's usually sung as loud as possible.

That is exactly what went through my head!!

How old is she? is he likely to be her only child given her fertility history?

I see her being another Melanie Maxwell, a couple of kids spaced out pretty well with bedrest and complications with each.

• 2 weeks later...

Big update with photos from the Servens: servenclan.blogspot.com/2012/06/life-around-loomis-home.html

Yeah, he kinda looks like an orange on a toothpick now.

Rebecca looks good with some weight on her, not so bony.

Oh. My. God.

How did I miss this post??? Sweet little Nehemiah was born on my birthday. I am posting myself as his Snarktectress (a snarky protectress). And, if he were to ever go to an evil public school, I shall go beat up the kids who make fun of his name.

John Jacob Nehemiah Schmidt, that's what I'M all about.... Whenever I go out.... yaddayadda

I shall now be the Lady of Chardonnay Spritzers, Personal Protector

That baby is cute! I'm glad to see they went out to visit (we still have no proof that poor NR Anna Maxwell's family have visited, but of course Stevie probably wouldn't tell us, anyway). Rebecca looks great with a little more weight on her and I am happy for them they finally got their baby!

I wonder if Rebecca suffered toxemia. The caption of the first photo is odd, "finally together" unless they just mean, baby is now born. Rebecca seems far heavier than I would have expected her to be.

I always think it's telling how fundie girls habitually are seen with their arms crossed in front of them. Here, Rebecca's younger brothers do the same.

It says a lot of things, negatively, I think.

And then there is the photo with the possibly, normal, artist aunt from Steven's side. Here the boys have their arms stretched outward. A lot of possibilities here, table present, they are bored or maybe they just "know" they are better than her, because they are male fundies and therefore become assertive. Just some observations.

That baby is so, so, cute.

Too bad the life he will get.

I wonder if Rebecca suffered toxemia. The caption of the first photo is odd, "finally together" unless they just mean, baby is now born. Rebecca seems far heavier than I would have expected her to be.

I always think it's telling how fundie girls habitually are seen with their arms crossed in front of them. Here, Rebecca's younger brothers do the same.

It says a lot of things, negatively, I think.

And then there is the photo with the possibly, normal, artist aunt from Steven's side. Here the boys have their arms stretched outward. A lot of possibilities here, table present, they are bored or maybe they just "know" they are better than her, because they are male fundies and therefore become assertive. Just some observations.

That baby is so, so, cute.

Too bad the life he will get.

Interesting thought about toxemia -- hmmm. She just seems to have a lot of water weight in her face which could just be the result of an IV at the hospital (that's what happened to me -- they pump you full of all sorts of fluids -- I was peeing non-stop for days after the birth of my first child and had that same awful double chin). Did they say if Rebecca had a homebirth?