IGNORED

Orthodox NYC Counselor on Trial in Sex Abuse Case

doggie

He never would have been even thought bad of because of course the girl is making it all up for some reason. All it seems to matter is position and you can do no wrong if you have a good rep. The foolishness of this is pretty amazing since history has proven it wrong.

This is the crap we would get if religion ran the US. we see it in the Amish and every other isolated community.

When religion is more important then the people who it is supposed to help.

If he is convicted it will only get worse for her. I can't see the family staying in that community they will be treated like they have the plague.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/orth ... 9arMfFp69s

People have been (avoiding) talking about this guy for a month or two. There are even flyers in Yiddish claiming that Jews are incapable of molestation.

People have been (avoiding) talking about this guy for a month or two. There are even flyers in Yiddish claiming that Jews are incapable of molestation.

Yes I noticed that. Grow up people.

There are even flyers in Yiddish claiming that Jews are incapable of molestation.

What, um, what's the rationale behind that little story? Are Jews also incapable of murder, arson, and/or jaywalking?

What, um, what's the rationale behind that little story? Are Jews also incapable of murder, arson, and/or jaywalking?

well yes same with Christians too. Well if you look at fundies you get that too. They tend to forget before you are Jewish you are human.

I've heard it said that Jewish people "just don't" murder or steal, either. There are quite a few ultra-religious people who believe that Jews are "on a higher level" than the goyim are.

I've heard it said that Jewish people "just don't" murder or steal, either. There are quite a few ultra-religious people who believe that Jews are "on a higher level" than the goyim are.

that attitude leads to great failures anytime you know you are better or are right you are bound to find out you are not. But if the poor girl was on a higher level what happened to her?? . we are above other humans crap really burns me.

I've heard it said that Jewish people "just don't" murder or steal, either.

I made it through the entire Free-Range Kid thread without bringing it up, so I might as well bring it up here: What about poor Leiby Kletzky? Jewish kid, killed by another Jew. IN THAT VERY SAME NEIGHBORHOOD. How do they deal with the sheer dissonance? Doesn't anybody call them out on this? Ever? (And if that poor kid had asked anybody else on the street for help, or had at least not gone off with this stranger (quite possibly feeling that another Jew had to be safe) he'd almost certainly still be alive today.)

Also, if Jews just didn't murder or steal, why would God feel the need to specifically tell Jews not to murder or steal? I mean...

oh, damn, just thinking about this is making my head hurt.

Edit: And it's not like the Christians! Jewish people can't go around saying "Oh, so-and-so wasn't really Jewish, not the whole time", can you? Christians have that ultimate trump card where murderers and rapists and thieves are said to not really be Christian, but that only applies to them, doesn't it?

Oh, that doesn't count. The guy who killed Leiby wasn't really Jewish. ;)

Well, fuck that shit. I bet his parents were really surprised when they found out.

There truly is a superiority complex among many Orthodox Jews.

When I was a child, my ultra-Orthodox school tried to tell me that all non-Jews hated Jews and that they were worse than us, but I knew this was a lie because my mother (who was raised Christian) had a lovely family that was cooler and nicer to me than the Jews who were trying to indoctrinate me with nonsense. That was an early development in a life of questioning.

When I was a child, my ultra-Orthodox school tried to tell me that all non-Jews hated Jews and that they were worse than us, but I knew this was a lie because my mother (who was raised Christian) had a lovely family that was cooler and nicer to me than the Jews who were trying to indoctrinate me with nonsense. That was an early development in a life of questioning.

This is some good info. The price of this attitude is great failure.

Ugh, victim-blaming.

Even the article seems to be biased against the victim, given that at least once it refers to her as the "accuser", which has negative connotations and turns her into the active person in this situation.

Heh. Completely different part of the world and with me it was Christian missionaries trying to do the hard sell on religion, but absolutely that "I don't care how nice or charitable or learned that respected elder in your community is, they're all going to HELL!!!!1!!1!" thing turned me RIGHT off.

I think there was another thread about a month ago on this.

Anyway, I see these issues involving children as the straw that will break the camel's back. There are some rabbis invested in protecting the religious establishment, repelling the outside world and maintaining their power, free of outside scrutiny. They feel threatened, so they are getting more extreme. At the same time, we are seeing a push-back from within the Orthodoxy community like never before, and much of it is coming from the women. Orthodox women who would never have challenged the status quo when it comes to their own treatment have, in large measure, drawn the line when it comes to people hurting their kids. They are mad, and not willing to toe the standard rabbinic line. I've said before that the attacks on little Naama Margolese in Ramat Beit Shemesh drew absolutely unprecedented condemnation and action from women who had never defended adult women who were harassed.

Recent imamother thread:

http://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopi ... c&&start=0

The "do everything you can to report" crowd vastly outnumbered the "get rabbinic permission before doing anything" group, despite the fact that the website is restricted to Orthodox women. Many Satmar women won't be on the internet, but some are and imamother has some Satmar members.

Orthodox women who would never have challenged the status quo when it comes to their own treatment have, in large measure, drawn the line when it comes to people hurting their kids. They are mad, and not willing to toe the standard rabbinic line.

A parent has every right to draw that line in the sand. No parent should have to toe ANY line when it comes to people hurting their kids...EVER!

Archived