IGNORED

VF Food Conference Details

GeoBQn

They've released the speech topics:

visionforumministries.org/events/food/001/speech_topics.aspx

And here are the speakers:

visionforumministries.org/events/food/001/speakers.aspx

Cindy Cone has been married to Rush Cone for 41 years. Together they have four grown children, five grandchildren, and were home educating parents for over 20 years.

During her childbearing years Cindy was led to study ways to best care for her family’s health. Over three decades, as testing verified that the cancers being experienced by extended family members were not genetically produced, God allowed her to find nutritional patterns that increased health, energy, and stamina in those who applied the patterns. Building upon that medical and empirical research, Cindy discovered a multigenerational home “therapy†that was recently successful in assisting her elderly mother to fight against the ravaging effects of a severe episode of early stage Alzheimer’s, in ways that even surprised her physician!

If this Cindy Cone has created treatments that are so effective against cancer and Alzheimer's, then why aren't scientists beating a path to her door?

Why Do Christians Need a Conference on Food and the Family?

Doug Phillips

To give you money.

A Theological Response to the Vegan Movement

I'm guessing that response is, "Man up and eat some meat!"

Everything You Wanted To Know About Starting Your Own Restaurant

Chef Francis Foucachons

That's just what we need. A bunch of QF families starting their own restaurants, forcing their children to cook and be waitstaff, creating menus that consist solely of TTC and chickenetti, and ignoring health codes in favor of "G-d's health codes."

It's ATI folks who like to eat junk.From what i get from following VF blogs is that VF Followers seem to like natural foods, kefir and eating much healthier-i believe because VF Attracts fundies of a better class with more money like the Servins and Botkins.

Never make fun of people's names.

Cindy Cone

I couldn't help it, I LOL'd. She'd better lecture about ice cream.

A Theological Response to the Vegan Movement

Doug's Argument:

2yns55h-500x375.png

Isn't food part of the womens domain? How come a majority of the speakers are men...don't answer that...women can't teach men. Shame I missed that class :mrgreen:

It's ATI folks who like to eat junk.From what i get from following VF blogs is that VF Followers seem to like natural foods, kefir and eating much healthier-i believe because VF Attracts fundies of a better class with more money like the Servins and Botkins.

Yes, this. It's hard to generalize over such a big group of people, but I grew up in reformed fundie-land. By and large, it tends to draw a somewhat more educated crowd and there's a lot of interest in home gardening, canning, natural foods, etc... Not surprisingly, people could get very judgmental over what others ate. I can't tell you how many snippets of "You don't make your own bread?" or "She took the kids to....McDonald's *gasp*" I overheard as a teenager.

Mullet will also be speaking. "As a busy mom to nineteen children, Michelle has seen it all when it comes to food in the home: from planning meals and making wise grocery-buying decisions, to providing hospitality in large-group settings and educating her children on the importance of eating well."

Mullet will also be speaking. "As a busy mom to nineteen children, Michelle has seen it all when it comes to food in the home: from planning meals and making wise grocery-buying decisions, to providing hospitality in large-group settings and educating her children on the importance of eating well."

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just spit out my drink! Wise grocery buying decisions: whether to buy smugger bbq Pringles or Sour Cream & Onion; how many tator tots will we need to serve a special dinner guest?; the boys seem to be growing again, maybe we outta buy another block of velveta.

Love your name, Jezebel!

He's listed on the speakers page.

I just realized you posted an excerpt not the full list :)

Joel Salatin is such an asshat. It annoys me so much when mainstream folks get all twittery about him. The dude is a msygonist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just spit out my drink! Wise grocery buying decisions: whether to buy smugger bbq Pringles or Sour Cream & Onion; how many tator tots will we need to serve a special dinner guest?; the boys seem to be growing again, maybe we outta buy another block of velveta.

Ohai! SOTDRT math problem! I see what you did there! :lol:

Sooo TTC and chickenetti cures cancer and alzheimers? AWESOME.

Love your name, Jezebel!

Hopefully, Mullet will use the name for her next miscarriage.

Obviously she's been following Joshie's Intagram too. It's been a lesson in what-not-to-do. ;)

Yes, this. It's hard to generalize over such a big group of people, but I grew up in reformed fundie-land. By and large, it tends to draw a somewhat more educated crowd and there's a lot of interest in home gardening, canning, natural foods, etc... Not surprisingly, people could get very judgmental over what others ate. I can't tell you how many snippets of "You don't make your own bread?" or "She took the kids to....McDonald's *gasp*" I overheard as a teenager.

I'll second that observation as an outsider just reading wank on the internet too - VF purposely positions itself as at least "upper middle class," with all that implies. They're always making references to the Founding Fathers in stately homes sort of image (for the men) and genteel women in their drawing rooms educating the children. No synthetic fabric for them - the historic image is all natural (plastic hadn't been invented yet). And back in pioneer days, no one had invented Hamburger Helper.

The entire area of "crunchy cons" is interesting to me, you've got the "natural family farming" thing meets up with blind faith in odd nutrition quackery. Been surfing around the raw milk stuff lately, it's pretty much a second religion to a lot of people.

In quite a few ways they really do remind me of hipsters.

Archived