IGNORED

"Two Days of Tons of Fun" the Johnson Team blog

Prek teach

I discovered this blog via the Wilkes Team website, and pop in to read it from time to time. The Johnson's seem to be relatively new to the ATI world and have turned up for visits at the Staddon's, Neely's, and Wilkes compounds. The Johnson kids are very adorable and the mom Christina comes across as a nice person, but many of her posts make me sad for her. Christina seems IMO desperate for acceptance by this area's ATI royalty. She is a constant commenter!!!!!111!!!!! on these families' sites and they barely comment on anything she posts. The "Two Days of Tons of Fun" post was just cringe-worthy to me and not just because of the overdose of smilies.

thejohnsonteamva.com

I can't read this. I got to the post about the purity commitment and the fact that she signed some virgin pledge and it was framed grosses me out too much. What's a tour around the home like?

"This is the living room. We love to fellowship here with other ATI godly families. Sorry about the green chair. I've wanted to recover it forever but Daddy loves his Barcalounger. The kitchen is this way. Oh, notice the framed pledge my daughter signed promising never to have sex until marriage? We were going to put a bronze casting of her pure, undefiled vajayjay up there but it would clash with my wallpaper. Would you like some tea?"

Color me disgusted.

I only skimmed for a bit but I do appreciate that they had the little girl's birthday cake with the Uncle at the home and shared it with the other residents. Far too many people completely abandon their elderly or sick loved ones. Even if they had a party for the kid at home later on its nice that Uncle Paul was made to be part of their lives and they brought children and cake and happiness to the elderly people living there.

Otherwise I do get that they are name dropping ATI "celebrities" and trying to hard. The Mom comes across as wanting to hang with the cool kids in their club. I just hope she doesn't compromise her children's educations and lives to be inducted into that club. The fundies are really haughty and judgmental, they may not give a flying fart about this newcomer regardless of their talk about fellowship and how important it is.

That page header is all kinds of awesome. Is that a pilgrim playing rugby while being chased by an potato wearing antlers and a stream of lava?

I only skimmed for a bit but I do appreciate that they had the little girl's birthday cake with the Uncle at the home and shared it with the other residents. Far too many people completely abandon their elderly or sick loved ones. Even if they had a party for the kid at home later on its nice that Uncle Paul was made to be part of their lives and they brought children and cake and happiness to the elderly people living there.

Otherwise I do get that they are name dropping ATI "celebrities" and trying to hard. The Mom comes across as wanting to hang with the cool kids in their club. I just hope she doesn't compromise her children's educations and lives to be inducted into that club. The fundies are really haughty and judgmental, they may not give a flying fart about this newcomer regardless of their talk about fellowship and how important it is.

I get that impression too. When they 'dropped in' on the Wilkes family, I can almost see the eyeroll and the 'OMG! Pretend we are out!' Probably not the case but that's the impression that I get. It seems as though they are trying to be ATI royalty but aren't there yet. At least not by ATI Royalty standards.

I do like how they didn't call the people in the nursing home as 'The Elderly'. I give them a +1 for that.

terranova"]That page header is all kinds of awesome. Is that a pilgrim playing rugby while being chased by an potato wearing antlers and a stream of lava?

I've been staring at it for about 10 minutes and couldn't figure out what was going on there. That is until you posted this! Now it makes so much more sense!

Dad gave me an illustration one day. He said “What if you had a life like one of those girls you see out there in the world. You flirted, kissed, hugged, paired up, broke up, paired up, broke up and had relationships with many different men.

Ha! Well, I imagine you might have fun. I know I have, and I didn't have to pledge my vagina to my dad!

What do they think we all do all day? Nothing but fornicate? Why is it that the only life option in the secular world is to be a slut? Of course when you put it that way it looks cheap and tawdry and feel girls would say to their dad "Yup, I want to be a slutty fornicator like those girls". IF they were honest they'd say "What if you had a life like one of those girls you see out there in the world: You went to school and studied lots of different topics, could read any book you'd like at hte library, played a sport, had close friendships with whomever you pleased, and some day found yourself a husband that appealed to you and not your daddy".

I think in some respects this is a nice family and I hope they tire of the kool aid and go back to being normal people.

Archived