IGNORED

You still think you're better - Rachel of Being-re-made

dairyfreelife

Rachel of Being Re-made talks about how she used to judge others and was being a pharisee or publican. However she's still not being one in her behavior.

being-re-made.blogspot.com/2012/01/getting-over-myself.html

.........I set myself up as the standard of "holiness" and then compared others to me. And so, for years I completely shunned anyone who wasn't a clone of myself

Because the way I stood back, thinking I was some sort of "holy remnant" and mercilessly judging anyone I passed by........it's downright shameful. It's embarrassing! I can't believe I did that.

But she's still doing that:

It's still totally natural for me to see some guy with a pierced ear and baggy pants and think "what a creep!" instead of, "that poor guy probably doesn't know Jesus."

Instead of rolling my eyes and sighing with "holy" disgust at the sixteen year old who's pregnant......I need to be thinking, "Oh how sad - she looks like she could use an encouraging word." And even more so, "Oh God, help her not to abort that baby!"

Now, I'm not perfect either, but the hing is I don't think I'm above others in opinion very often and if I catch myself thinking negatively about another I don't know, I admonish myself. I don't believe I did anything to deserve special status by God and even if I did, it would not give me the right to judge anyone on anything. But I don't judge her on her thoughts because I've sort of been in her spot in my late teens as a fundie wannabe, so...

Instead of rolling my eyes and sighing with "disgust" or blatant judging of others she does not know at all, I'm going to think "Oh God, help her open her eyes and gain empathy and understanding instead of assuming everyone needs to believe as she does!"

*Will say...anonymous (second comment) rocks...the end. :D

Rachel of Being Re-made talks about how she used to judge others and was being a pharisee or publican. However she's still not being one in her behavior.

Sorry, China Mieville already cornered the term "Remade."

remade.jpg

Edit to add: the fundy bullshit is strong with this one, but at least she's giving honest pause to how she's thinking about other people.

being-re-made.blogspot.com/2012/01/getting-over-myself.html

But she's still doing that:

Now, I'm not perfect either, but the hing is I don't think I'm above others in opinion very often and if I catch myself thinking negatively about another I don't know, I admonish myself. I don't believe I did anything to deserve special status by God and even if I did, it would not give me the right to judge anyone on anything. But I don't judge her on her thoughts because I've sort of been in her spot in my late teens as a fundie wannabe, so...

Instead of rolling my eyes and sighing with "disgust" or blatant judging of others she does not know at all, I'm going to think "Oh God, help her open her eyes and gain empathy and understanding instead of assuming everyone needs to believe as she does!"

*Will say...anonymous (second comment) rocks...the end. :D

By the time someone is showing during pregnancy that everyone can be pretty sure that she is indeed pregnant* I really don't think she is going to have an abortion.

* granted one never knows as today I was asked how far along I was with my blessing. I just said 10 years and the father was a clown who works at McDonalds. :shock:

By the time someone is showing during pregnancy that everyone can be pretty sure that she is indeed pregnant* I really don't think she is going to have an abortion.

* granted one never knows as today I was asked how far along I was with my blessing. I just said 10 years and the father was a clown who works at McDonalds. :shock:

:lol:

That was my thoughts too. If she's 16, it's most likely her first and from what I'd heard and seen, most first pregnancies take the longest to show and subsequent pregnancies show earlier. If she could tell that the 16yo was definitely pregnant, I think it's safe to assume she's most likely not going to have an abortion. If Rachel wants to think anything, it should be how the young woman is going to provide for the baby, finish school, and how hard her life is going to be as a teen mom. Maybe a prayer of "God, help give her strength" would be more appropriate.

Oh, and lol. Anyone remember the commercial where the woman goes up to another and asks when she's due. The other woman looked shocked and said "I'm not pregnant." Don't ask me why, but that popped into my mind. :lol:

Sorry, China Mieville already cornered the term "Remade."

remade.jpg

Edit to add: the fundy bullshit is strong with this one, but at least she's giving honest pause to how she's thinking about other people.

What the FUCK is that??! It needs to star in a horror movie, stat!

Congratulations! You found a new way to be patronizing, condescending and judgmental all at the same time! High five!

Oh, and this way is definitely the right way, your previous way of doing it made you the worst sinner in the history of the world.

I really wonder if these people possess the neural pathways necessary for empathy, I mean they try so hard but they're so bad at it.

So...instead of reacting with holy disgust, she's going to react with holy condescension instead? In what way is that better? Hmm, why am I not surprised to find that she is a 19-year-old fundie maiden with limited life experience.

Scrolling through her blog, it looks like all her entries are like that. She has one on modesty as well, that starts off strong:

It hasn't been until the last 18 months or so that I've come to realize the modesty isn't a piece of fabric. It's not a one-size-fits-all cookie cutter model. It's not a color, or a brand, the height of your heels, even the presence (or lack thereof) of makeup, jewelry, lip gloss, or perfume. There are many ways that you can be modest......it will vary from person to person.

But then goes on to say:

There IS a line in the sand somewhere. And we girls know that certain pieces of clothing are simply immodest. We have to admit it. Cleavage is not modest. Clothing that's so tight it looks like colored skin isn't, either. It's a statement of fact straight from the book of Common Sense for Girls From Guys (aka honest opinions from brothers and dads - a GREAT resource to turn to!!:-)

:doh: Modesty will vary from person to person...but CLEAVAGE AND TIGHT CLOTHES ARE IMMODEST. Also, "opinions from brothers and dads" (the best people to evaluate women's clothing!!) = fact. Good to know :roll:

If someone told me to my face that I needed to get my "facts" from the book of "Common Sense for Girls from Guys" I would probably throw bricks at them.

Really heavy bricks shaped like boobs and vulvas.

The fact that she thinks she's improved scares me - she's just learned better fundiespeak, that's all.

What the FUCK is that??! It needs to star in a horror movie, stat!

In the Bas Lag series being Remade was a punishment where people's bodies were surgically and magically grafted to extra limbs, animal parts, steam engines, whatever.

If someone told me to my face that I needed to get my "facts" from the book of "Common Sense for Girls from Guys" I would probably throw bricks at them.

Really heavy bricks shaped like boobs and vulvas.

:lol:

So...instead of reacting with holy disgust, she's going to react with holy condescension instead? In what way is that better? Hmm, why am I not surprised to find that she is a 19-year-old fundie maiden with limited life experience.

Scrolling through her blog, it looks like all her entries are like that. She has one on modesty as well, that starts off strong:

But then goes on to say:

:doh: Modesty will vary from person to person...but CLEAVAGE AND TIGHT CLOTHES ARE IMMODEST. Also, "opinions from brothers and dads" (the best people to evaluate women's clothing!!) = fact. Good to know :roll:

I've heard this a lot...ask your dad and brothers. My dad would only say something if I looked like one of the prostitues downtown. Other than that, he doesn't care. "You're an adult-pick out your own clothes." My brother might say "eww" to seeing my cleavage or too much skin because he doesn't want to his sister without much clothes, but I can't ever see my brother saying "You shouldn't wear that, other guys will lust after you and it's so mean to them. Don't be a sinner and don't cause another of your brothers in the faith to stumble."

If he ever said that, I think I'd literally faint.

Anonymous points out the fact that she's still judging when she judges another by their clothes and assumes to know their beliefs.

Her response:

In my opinion, seeing someone and thinking "they may not know Jesus" is not judging, but being discerning. Jesus said "by their fruits you will know them". I can never know what is in someone's heart, but I can get a good idea by how they act.

Clothing isn't behavior, Rachel.

In the Bas Lag series being Remade was a punishment where people's bodies were surgically and magically grafted to extra limbs, animal parts, steam engines, whatever.

And the fReemade tell society to fuck off with their shaming and fight tha power! I love his puns :D

Anonymous points out the fact that she's still judging when she judges another by their clothes and assumes to know their beliefs.

Her response:

Clothing isn't behavior, Rachel.

Yet, again, a fundie needs to crack open the Bible. 'Fruit' is not found in someone's clothes. The 'fruit' the Bible speaks of is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self- control.

You know, everything your typical fundie ISN'T.

Yet, again, a fundie needs to crack open the Bible. 'Fruit' is not found in someone's clothes. The 'fruit' the Bible speaks of is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self- control.

You know, everything your typical fundie ISN'T.

But a person who doesn't dress by fundie standards isn't being kind, good, faithful, or self-controlling. :roll:

I'll be sure to tell my evangelical Baptist pastor cousin that he's not a real Christian because his ears are pierced. :lol: (I mean, he's evangelical, not fundie, so I know she probably thinks he's "lost" anyway, but, for goodness sake, at least come up with a better reason than a stupid pair of earrings. Come on!)

Archived