IGNORED

Weird new corner.....

Justme

First Stevie says any man & woman can live happily in a marriage if they want to..... (I'm not so sure of that, there are many many people I could not be happily married to.)

Then he goes on about how he & Teri "love the children so much" (Stevie, I've got news for you, they are NOT children any more) but still make time for "dates". Then he gushes on about how much he "appreaciates" Teri, etc....

I wonder if he got a lot of emails telling him what a tyrant he was making him show his "softer" side. :?

Also, Teri's talks about how ill Granddad is getting. Poor Granddad. It's got to be so hard on Gigi seeing her husband so ill. :cry:

Steve thinks any old man and woman thrown together can have a good marriage because he has no idea what a good marriage is about. Sure, if a woman wants to be a walking womb who can't decide what color flowers to put in the window box without the lord and master's permission, then your on your way to a solid marriage according to Steve. God, of all the fundies I follow, my heart breaks most for the Maxwell kids, even the adult and married ones. :cry: No fun. Ever. Jesus will be pissed.

Steve thinks any old man and woman thrown together can have a good marriage because he has no idea what a good marriage is about. Sure, if a woman wants to be a walking womb who can't decide what color flowers to put in the window box without the lord and master's permission, then your on your way to a solid marriage according to Steve. God, of all the fundies I follow, my heart breaks most for the Maxwell kids, even the adult and married ones. :cry: No fun. Ever. Jesus will be pissed.

^This. And, I strongly second the bolded. Steve has turned strong, intelligent, giving young people into drones that can't function without their creator. It's like something my Basic Computing 101 prof said on the first day of class: "A computer is only as smart as the person using it." These poor kids are only as independent & functional as Steve allows them to be - even the ones that don't live in the family home anymore! So sad.

As for the new Corner, Steve treats his marriage like a job that he never really wanted. In a time when firings & layoffs (divorces & separations) are nearly everywhere you look, any job (marriage) is a good one. You don't complain, you just suck it up & keep going in so at least you can say you're still working.

Any man like Steve can have a "good marriage" with any woman. He appreciates Teri because he can deprive her of such simple things as Pepsi, she's not allowed to question even his food ordering skills and she probably does whatever he says. She's just someone else for him to control. He just likes having more people to control, and he obviously doesn't appreciate Teri very much if she's so interchangeable that she can be any woman.

She's just someone something else for him to control.

Honestly, I think that Steve doesn't even see his family as people. They are objects for him to control, nothing more.

has Steve ever seen other married couples? I mean really gotten to know another couple outside of his preaching to them that they are going to hell? I have met many a couple that I would have either have killed the husband the first week or have bent over backwards to please him. My husband could easily say the same about the same couples. Rarely do my husband and I ever find a couple that we both like and enjoy spending time with them. Either we both adore the wife and hate the husband for being such a tool/ass to her or the kids or adore the husband and hate the wife for being such a bitch/nag to him or the kids.

Any man and any woman can get married? Not hardly unless they both are mindless robots with zero passion for life.

Guest Anonymous

It must be hard for Gigi having to deal with Teri's 'happy routine' every day. Sometimes, I think the kindest support you can give to a carer, is a listening ear about how things really are.

Could it be some sort of message for Sarah? That she should stop being picky?

I'm sure Sarah isn't the picky one, Steve is. If Steve found a suitable man for her, she wouldn't be allowed to say no. After all, Daddy knows best and if he wants you to marry this man, you damn well do it.

I'm sure Sarah isn't the picky one, Steve is. If Steve found a suitable man for her, she wouldn't be allowed to say no. After all, Daddy knows best and if he wants you to marry this man, you damn well do it.

ditto.

I can just see the conversation. "Sarah, Dick Marie Smith is interested in courting you. You are not really interested in persuing a relationship with him, are you? When he was 4 years old, he was seen tossing a football around with a neighborhood child." "No, Father, I am not interested in such a weak sinner. If he did that at 4, who knows what he would do after marriage or how he would be the spiritual leader of a family." :snooty:

ditto.

I can just see the conversation. "Sarah, Dick Marie Smith is interested in courting you. You are not really interested in persuing a relationship with him, are you? When he was 4 years old, he was seen tossing a football around with a neighborhood child." "No, Father, I am not interested in such a weak sinner. If he did that at 4, who knows what he would do after marriage or how he would be the spiritual leader of a family." :snooty:

:clap: ahahaha! Good laugh!

Or how does Gigi feel now after reading the corner to know that Teri has to "put on" that happy face. It must break her heart to think her daughter is helping out of obligation instead of love. It seems almost cruel to write that publicly knowing Gigi would read it.

Or how does Gigi feel now after reading the corner to know that Teri has to "put on" that happy face. It must break her heart to think her daughter is helping out of obligation instead of love. It seems almost cruel to write that publicly knowing Gigi would read it.

I sort of give Teri a pass on this one. My MIL needs around the clock care due to a stroke that left her paralyzed on her left side. The family has rallied around her to help out as we can but every once in a while that care comes from obligation. Love is definitely still there! It's just that, for that moment, obligation tends to overshadow. Now, if Teri is posting this information to inform others of how holy and righteous she is (which she very well may be doing) then I'll take that pass back.

Archived